• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Original DOOM, DOOM II, and DOOM 3 gets ported to Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One

Doom on Switch?

• Rip and tear, anywhere!

Votes: 90 73.8%
  • You fools, I only play keyboard and mouse.

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters

iconmaster

Banned

To celebrate DOOM's 25th anniversary, the original 1993 DOOM, DOOM II and DOOM 3 have all magically appeared on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Say whaaaat?!

Yep, all three games have just appeared on Nintendo's official UK site and they're all coming out today. They're not actually live to buy on the eShop just yet strangely, but we assume they'll be ready to purchase very soon indeed.

I don't see them on the US eShop yet, but they're definitely on the UK shop with a release date of today.

Will you be ripping and tearing?

Edit: up on the US eShop. DOOM and DOOM II have local 4-player deathmatch and co-op.

Edit 2: Bethesda will require you to sign into each game once with a Bethesda account :rolleyes:, but after that you can play offline.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
No doubt will pick up on pc at some point but I will definitely be buying on switch first.

Will most certainly be buying all the dooms tonight

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
I'd actually consider selling my original Xbox version of Doom 3 if they did a physical version.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Now can a modded Switch run the millions of Doom mods?
Depending on how it's compiled, yes. Most PC ports to the Switch are usually GOG or Steam (More Steam than GOG)

Though, a Doom port has been around for a bit for a modded Switch, and that you can just use a different wad for

Play Doom on Everything is no joke; that community is hard core and they WILL find a way to run Doom on ANYTHING.

buizel

Banned
As long as it has online multiplayer. Awesome bargain back in the day Doom 1 and 2 £3 each with 4 play online split screen and online co op and deathmatch. Doom 3 eh

I love playing online modded Doom on my PSP and Vita

Last edited:

stranno

I am very interested in knowing what DOOM3 got ported. PS3/360 version ? BFG ? or PC?
I guess it will be the Lightspeed Studios' BFG port for Nvidia Shield.

BTW: LineageOS 15.1 will be released next week for Switch. So, maybe, this will work.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
This really isn't "that" random because doomcon is today.

Ahhhhh. So probably the announcement was supposed to be made at the event -- maybe the keynote.

That's in 20 minutes, I think?

Edit: They're up on the eShop. Links in the OP.

Last edited:

Skyfox

FUCKYEAH

Doom 3 is one of my favorite games of all time and I’ve never had a good way to play portably.

Purchased the second I read this story and downloading to my Switch as we speak. Hope they have some flashlight options because I loved the original scary mode...

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Wait doom 3? Which version? $9.99 is a steal for that, that’s great. I may have to buy them all for my holiday plane trip :) any idea on doom 3 performance/visuals? There’s no reason it shouldn’t run maxed out locked 60.

Shame no doom 64, I still want that badly :(

kingbean

Wait doom 3? Which version? $9.99 is a steal for that, that’s great. I may have to buy them all for my holiday plane trip :) any idea on doom 3 performance/visuals? There’s no reason it shouldn’t run maxed out locked 60.

Supposedly its 30fps on switch. I haven't had a chance to test it.

Weilthain

Banned
Just bought doom 1 and 2 from UK store.

Asking me to log in or create an account and it doesn’t work. Is this online only or something?

Fake

Even if 64 have, maybe a NS exclusive? I dunno. Anw, you're right. Doom 64 is a great game.

Fake

XBLA had both Dooms. Best versions with all expansions. On 360 anyway
Final Doom is not necessary an 'expansion', but you got me. Never heard of Final Doom for 360. I still prefer Final Doom than Ultimate Doom.

Last edited:

tkscz

Sucks but makes sense. Doom 64 was published by ID but developed by Midway. With the exception of the fan made Doom64 PC, the game was never ported and the game code may have been lost.

Top Bottom