• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Original DOOM, DOOM II, and DOOM 3 gets ported to Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One

Doom on Switch?

• Rip and tear, anywhere!

Votes: 90 73.8%
  • You fools, I only play keyboard and mouse.

Votes: 32 26.2%

• Total voters

Apocryphon

What are the chances of getting Quake and Quake II ports? Quake IV runs on the Doom 3 engine so that too for the people that want it. I'll take Heretic and Hexen too, but what I really want is the Quake games.

Man, I know why, but DOOM without the crosses on medikits...still find it uncomfortable.

The GOG versions did retain them as they are older builds.

Weilthain

Banned
Doom 1 and 2 really should not require a 2 month delay and patch deployment. It ran on a 386 off a floppy.
They were very sneaky forcing everyone who just bought their game to sign up for a Bethesda account. I have to admire the sheer no f’s given.

So many new Bethesda accounts to impress the shareholders.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What a fucking joke.
The balls of them even tweeting shit that should have been day 1 hilarious

radewagon

What a fucking joke.
The balls of them even tweeting shit that should have been day 1 hilarious

While I agree with you... are they supposed to not tweet it out? Fixing their broken product is something they should let people know about.

Just another day in the life of Bethesda.

angelic

Banned
beth1.jpg

just tested it. sound is fixed! music sounds exactly as it should, which is a night and day difference to what it shipped with. framerate seems the same to me at 35 fps. plays fine though

i'm a doom junkie so i bought this to see how it was, as it was only $5 bucks. and ideally, this would have ideally been the best way to play doom on the go as the joycons are solid and the screen on the switch is awesome.

unfortunately it's not. an android device, delta touch, brtual doom and one of these controllers is FAR superior (assuming you use an android phone of course):

but if the above isn't an option, you have 5 bucks in your pocket and want to play doom, it's worth it IMO

Last edited:

FranXico

By linking your Slayers Club account to the re-releases of DOOM, DOOM II, and DOOM 3, you'll earn in-game skins for DOOM Eternal based on the classic DOOM Marine -- Indigo for DOOM, Bronze for DOOM II, and Red for DOOM 3.
These old games still don't run offline?

just tested it. sound is fixed! music sounds exactly as it should, which is a night and day difference to what it shipped with. framerate seems the same to me at 35 fps. plays fine though

Back in the day, DOOM sounded different depending on what sound card you used, SB, GUS, Roland. What do these modern releases use as the music standard?

Spukc

Back in the day, DOOM sounded different depending on what sound card you used, SB, GUS, Roland. What do these modern releases use as the music standard?
roland ? Roland Sound Canvas SC-55mkII (sound module, original intended sound of the DOOM music)

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
just tested it. sound is fixed! music sounds exactly as it should, which is a night and day difference to what it shipped with.

Did they also fix the pitch issue with the sound effects? See DF Retro review of the unpatched release date version here:

Last edited:
Did they also fix the pitch issue with the sound effects? See DF Retro review of the unpatched release date version here:

it sounds like brutal doom does on my PC. so if that's "fixed", then yes. if not, then no

i dont know anymore than that so you'll probably have to wait for someone who knows a bit more about audio to comment

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
As mentioned above, Music sounds fine now. And as stated the lighting looks better. Shouldn’t have taken this long but I’m happy with my $5 games now.

bring on November so I can finally play doom 64

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Been playing Doom classic on the switch. Now they patched it and added free downloadable maps. I gotta day classic Doom still kicks ass even today. One of my favourite all time games. Can’t wait to get Doom 64 and eternal

Spukc

Been playing Doom classic on the switch. Now they patched it and added free downloadable maps. I gotta day classic Doom still kicks ass even today. One of my favourite all time games. Can’t wait to get Doom 64 and eternal
yup only thing we need now is online MP like the 360 version

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Bought Doom 3 for a buck on the Bethesda sale. Not much for Doom, but this one looks like the only fun one, with more emphasis on horror than "rip and tear". Even if it sucks, it was practically free so no worries.
I love the original Doom and when get round to Two. For the fast all out balls to the wall at times shooting. Doom3 if you take it as a sci-fi horror survival game it’s excellent.
I can’t wait to try Doom 64 and eternal.

wait, if you never tried the original Doom before download it. Disregard the old style graphics and just play it. You should start to get into it In no time. Also while I don’t have a PC I’m pretty sure there are mods that can update the look of the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom