• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The original Resident Evil 2 is NOT canonical anymore!

Fushitsusha

Banned
He was always a little off, and apparently has been warned before. In this thread however, it's almost as if he was looking for a perm with his behaviour.

Odd mannerism to say the least.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

Ok, I guess the word "delusion" fits better, then... But please, run us through this body language that shows Leon knows Ada is lying. What stance says "I know this person is full of shit"? It sure isn't in the tone of voice or the words they're using.
Turning his head like a pouty child for starters and the slight aggressive walk back up the short stairs before firing back the same question at her.
Leon is clearly agitated for someone who knows he's just barely an accessory in what is supposed to be an FBI investigation.

Geki-D

Banned
Turning his head like a pouty child for starters and the slight aggressive walk back up the short stairs before firing back the same question at her.
And the context for that is...? What did Ada say to him to cause that? I literally just said why before but whatever.

He was always a little off, and apparently has been warned before. In this thread however, it's almost as if he was looking for a perm with his behaviour.

Odd mannerism to say the least.
The guy is delusional. He's a well-known internet lolcow, has a Encyclopedia Dramatica entry and everything. He's been banned from literally countless forums and he always thinks he's innocent. He's not self-aware, not one bit.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Havent played the remake yet.... is THAT much different from the original?
Gameplay, yes. Plot beats, more or less. Overall story, no.

If you've played classic RE2 then quickly resume the plot -start to end- in your head. Okay, so about 95% of that is still true and that other 5% are small details that don't actually matter.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

Quite a bit. Even taken by itself, the game has some weird continuity issues between the two routes that weren't present in the original. Such as Leon and Claire fighting the exact same bosses in the exact same rooms and Annette getting fatally injured twice after having (roughly) the same conversation with both Leon and Claire.

Some aspects of the story were changed as well such as the new addition of an orphanage level whose overall concept was scrapped in favor of a Sherry stealth section. Mr. X or Tyrant now show up in both character's scenarios with two possible ways it can die (effectively tying into the continuity errors mentioned above) which has led fans into believing that there are now two of them at least.

Chief Iron's physical depiction and personality are quite different from the original. For better or worse is down to individual preference.

And as mentioned in previous posts, Ada's portrayal and cover story were changed. And the Kendo Gunshop owner is a completely different character now.
Ben the reporter also seems like a different person now and his cause of death was also changed, but overall his role remains pretty much the same.

Some enemies were either cut entirely or changed.

...I could probably write out a long list of other changes, but I'd be here all day.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The guy is delusional. He's a well-known internet lolcow, has a Encyclopedia Dramatica entry and everything. He's been banned from literally countless forums and he always thinks he's innocent. He's not self-aware, not one bit.

Holy shit, you weren't kidding.

Aranea

I did not get the impression at all that the original RE 2 is no longer canon after reading that article.

Shifty

Waiting for Angry Pat to tilt himself into oblivion on the next CSB podcast

There he goes. One of god's own prototypes.

QtWh8FR.png
whatta meltdown, big wipeouts!

Last edited:

Silent Duck

REmake 2 is missing the giant spiders.

Rant: I have to ask, where is the representation for giant spiders? Giant spiders are being discriminated against in video games. I noticed a severe lack of giant spiders in all video game announcements at E3 this year.
Is it because they don’t fit society’s definition of beautiful? Only small spiders need apply?
1547692768146.gif

#spiders-giant but fit #arachno-pride

Zambatoh

REmake 2 is missing the giant spiders.

Rant: I have to ask, where is the representation for giant spiders? Giant spiders are being discriminated against in video games. I noticed a severe lack of giant spiders in all video game announcements at E3 this year.
Is it because they don’t fit society’s definition of beautiful? Only small spiders need apply?
1547692768146.gif

#spiders-giant but fit #arachno-pride
I know you're joking, but I imagine the reason we don't see them much often anymore is because they are both scary as fuck and a ginormous pain in the ass to actually create and implement in a convincing manner. The keyframing work alone would be a massive headache.

Silent Duck

I know you're joking, but I imagine the reason we don't see them much often anymore is because they are both scary as fuck and a ginormous pain in the ass to actually create and implement in a convincing manner. The keyframing work alone would be a massive headache.
Actually, I really did not want to see giant, realistic looking spiders. I can’t stand them in their miniature size.

I was kind of dreading the sewer levels when I first played the remake. I would have been a lot more relaxed playing it if I knew that I wasn’t going to find them in there.

Original Trilogy (and Code Veronica) will always be canon to me. I just look at Remake and Remake 2 as alternate reality versions of the original games.

Top Bottom