• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The |OT| |OT|: Thread rebooted in gaming forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcz117chief

Yo, just dropping by (again) to confirm that I still plan to run the EDF 5 (if it gets a western release) and Ace Combat 7 OTs.

I’ll throw my hat in the ring for a Kingdom Come: Deliverance OT.

Edit: Cancel that, running into some issues with pics for it. Links aren't imbedding correctly and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Least I tried.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I’ll throw my hat in the ring for a Kingdom Come: Deliverance OT.

Edit: Cancel that, running into some issues with pics for it. Links aren't imbedding correctly and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Least I tried.

I'll throw something up shortly.

Just a heads-up: I'm still committed to the Secret of Mana Remake OT and I will put it online either tonight (about 1:00 GMT) or a few hours later in the morning. Depends on the workload today and if I fall asleep as soon as I arrive at home or not.
Given the Remake's lukewarm first impressions, this might not be a highly expected OT by the community but let's see how it will turn out.

cormack12

Gold Member
Just a heads-up: I'm still committed to the Secret of Mana Remake OT and I will put it online either tonight (about 1:00 GMT) or a few hours later in the morning. Depends on the workload today and if I fall asleep as soon as I arrive at home or not.
Given the Remake's lukewarm first impressions, this might not be a highly expected OT by the community but let's see how it will turn out.

No worries. The effort is appreciated 🙂

Andyliini

I can also confirm that my Bayonetta 1+2 Switch OT is ready, and I'll post it online probably tomorrow. Hopefully you all like it, as it's the first one I've ever done.

KevinKeene

Banned
Would great if someone could create this week's media-create thread in about 2-3 hours. Even if it's just copypasting numbers from gematsu.com :)

xBladeM6x

Deep Rock Galactic Early Access by xBladeM6x (Feb, 14th 2018)
February 28th, 2018

Should add I've been part of the development / testing since March last year, consistently. Access to Press Kit and direct contact with devs, so among myself there's only a handful who aren't direct devs who have as much experience with the game.

Last edited:
Alright, SoM OT is live. Pretty sure I'm gonna get back to it after work, since it needs some tuning but it's a good start. Still waiting for a few more review scores.

Andyliini

Bayonetta 1+2 Switch OT is now up. It's my first, so it might be a bit shallow. If people like it, I'll do better later.

KevinKeene

Banned
2nd week in a row without a media-create topic :(

Can I have early thread-making privilege maybe? I can't do the whole fancy formatting, but I can at least copypaste numbers from gematsu to get discussion started ;i

I mean the list couldn't be shorter and easier to just look at. Thread included. Seriously, if you can't be bothered to CTRL F "mana" at least, how do you expect anyone to look at your OT? Sorry for the attitude but...
Pretty ridiculous that someone can't ask a question or engage in conversation without someone acting holier than thou.

NovumAngel

Banned
Are we allowed to claim OT's for the off-topic section? I'd like to try and get a couple back up and going.

Movie GAF - March (2018) |OT| What's new and What are you watching by NovumAngel (February 22, 2018)
Mid-March

There's already an OT2 made for this but I get an error any time I try and open it
Metal GAF |OT3| Necks of Steel by NovumAngel (February 22, 2018)
Mid-March

Last edited:

NovumAngel

Banned
I have the Movie GAF OT ready to go, but I have to wait another couple of weeks to post it myself since I'm still a new member :(
If someone wants to help me out by posting on my behalf in the meantime I'd really appreciate it.

Blam

I have the Movie GAF OT ready to go, but I have to wait another couple of weeks to post it myself since I'm still a new member :(
If someone wants to help me out by posting on my behalf in the meantime I'd really appreciate it.

If you'd like me to post it for you I can.

OH-MyCar

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age by Oh-MyCar (February 28th)

I'm not sure if the release date meets the request criteria, as it's been officially announced "for 2018" but unspecified beyond that. If it doesn't meet the criteria, just disregard this (DQ is my fav franchise of all-time so I'd happily contribute to someone else's too).

Edit: Currently working on it.

Last edited:

NickFire

You sure you posted to the right thread?
Yeah, it was meant as a suggestion for a thread. Considering the denials and mockery of people who claimed they existed previously, seems Angela Merkel confirming they exist is rather big news.

Last edited:

camelCase

I wanna make a topic asking if PS3 wired internet is that much of a bonus over wireless. I have 56 megabit/s on my wired connection on a fantastic day but downloading games on PS3 over wifi (yakuza 4's 21.5gigs) took me an excess of 12 hours. Problem is my router isn't spitting distance from my PS3 and there's no TV over there.

So what's the discrepancy on these two download speeds? is it worth unplugging a bunch of stuff and carrying a rather small flatpanel 20 or so feet? Yakuza 5 awaits me, but at a length that would take me many hours to traverse.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
I'm actually making a request rather than claiming a thread. I'm just wondering if there would be somebody who would be willing/able to work on a new community thread like this for us? We just want it to be as welcoming as possible for this part of our community and it would really good if it was actually lead by "GirlGAF".

GirlGAF |OT 3| Light the signal! We've got guyposts, guyposts everywhere!

If so just post in here that you'd be interesting in doing this.

I'd be really grateful, thanks. :)

DryvBy

I see Crossing Souls didn't get an OT which I didn't know anything about until buying it. I'll be working on that today.

Blam

I'm actually making a request rather than claiming a thread. I'm just wondering if there would be somebody who would be willing/able to work on a new community thread like this for us? We just want it to be as welcoming as possible for this part of our community and it would really good if it was actually lead by "GirlGAF".

GirlGAF |OT 3| Light the signal! We've got guyposts, guyposts everywhere!

If so just post in here that you'd be interesting in doing this.

I'd be really grateful, thanks. :)

I could make a new thread design and all that for GirlGAF.

Last edited:

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Firstly, sorry for pushing my way in with this as I know this thread is cormack12 cormack12 's thread and I don't want to be stepping on anybody else's toes here.

Blam Blam That would be fantastic, I think we really need to encourage positive environments like that. I imagine that not everybody on here would be happy to share their sex but I know that there have been female members posting in the introduce yourself thread so you may want to have a look at that at some point.

It would be your thread though so obviously it is up to you what you do but I suppose the older threads are useful to look at and see what has been done in the past. Obviously, it would be an open thread and not just confined to GirlGAF and there's nothing with other people posting there but it does have to be done correctly.

I did feel that a lot of what was said in the OT was absolutely spot on in terms of what should and shouldn't be posted there.

I would say at the moment though, with community threads such as that it's best not to expect it to explode into life overnight, it may be slightly disheartening at first but I think threads such as that need to grow quite organically and that will take time. In time though, hopefully it will become something that does encourage GirlNonGAF to become interest in our community too.

I'll link to it in the introduce yourself thread once it's up and running too. Thank you.

Blam

Firstly, sorry for pushing my way in with this as I know this thread is cormack12 cormack12 's thread and I don't want to be stepping on anybody else's toes here.

Blam Blam That would be fantastic, I think we really need to encourage positive environments like that. I imagine that not everybody on here would be happy to share their sex but I know that there have been female members posting in the introduce yourself thread so you may want to have a look at that at some point.

It would be your thread though so obviously it is up to you what you do but I suppose the older threads are useful to look at and see what has been done in the past. Obviously, it would be an open thread and not just confined to GirlGAF and there's nothing with other people posting there but it does have to be done correctly.

I did feel that a lot of what was said in the OT was absolutely spot on in terms of what should and shouldn't be posted there.

I would say at the moment though, with community threads such as that it's best not to expect it to explode into life overnight, it may be slightly disheartening at first but I think threads such as that need to grow quite organically and that will take time. In time though, hopefully it will become something that does encourage GirlNonGAF to become interest in our community too.

I'll link to it in the introduce yourself thread once it's up and running too. Thank you.

I'll try to have the thread up and running by next week. But I don't know atm. I was also thinking of starting the threads for LGBTQIA+ GAF back, but I fear that nearly all of those people are gone now. And probably won't come back. But I guess I'll start both regardless.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Blam Blam
There are around 200 new members a week being added here a week at the moment so hopefully it will expand in time and you're welcome to do create both threads as nobody else seems willing to at the moment. As I said though, just be prepared for them to not be the busiest of places when they first start.

I look forward to seeing them both them, whenever they happen.

Alx

I wonder if someone would be interested in an OT about Xbox dashboard updates/insider previews, since there are often new features deployed (such a topic that was always missing here). I'd create it but I'm not sure I'd be skilled enough for banners and other visual stuff in the OP.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Did anyone claimed Ni no Kuni 2's OT? If not i could try making one. Don't expect something grand though,i will try to keep it simple and to the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom