• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outer Worlds |OT| Fully Automated Hysterical Killer Galactic Capitalism

Lanrutcon

The balancing problem (or at least, one of them) is that the skills don't really do much. Someone with 10 Long Guns and someone with 90 Long Guns should operate at drastically different levels in a firefight. Same with the other skills. Your field healing should be shit without Medicine, you shouldn't be able to break down items without a sufficient level in Engineering, you shouldn't be able to tinker beyond a certain level depending on your Science, wildlife should smell you from far away without Stealth, etc.

Put in a difficulty level that doesn't cater to the masses that just want to run through the game. Make builds count. Limit saving to settlements. Add permanent injuries from taking too much damage. Add addictions from using too many healing items. Add ammo weight. Add healing item carry limits. Make guns perform worse as their condition goes down (jamming, misfires). Add environmental hazards such as radiation areas or lack of atmosphere (hey, remember this is a space game?) Remove 90% of the loot in the world so characters don't have thousands of ammo and healing items within a few hours of play.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The balancing problem (or at least, one of them) is that the skills don't really do much. Someone with 10 Long Guns and someone with 90 Long Guns should operate at drastically different levels in a firefight. Same with the other skills. Your field healing should be shit without Medicine, you shouldn't be able to break down items without a sufficient level in Engineering, you shouldn't be able to tinker beyond a certain level depending on your Science, wildlife should smell you from far away without Stealth, etc.

Put in a difficulty level that doesn't cater to the masses that just want to run through the game. Make builds count. Limit saving to settlements. Add permanent injuries from taking too much damage. Add addictions from using too many healing items. Add ammo weight. Add healing item carry limits. Make guns perform worse as their condition goes down (jamming, misfires). Add environmental hazards such as radiation areas or lack of atmosphere (hey, remember this is a space game?) Remove 90% of the loot in the world so characters don't have thousands of ammo and healing items within a few hours of play.

Yeah, the skills really don't seem to matter much at all. As long as you have a high DPS weapon, you can lay waste to enemies even if you didn't invest points into that category at all. Sure, having the skill maxed out will make you do more damage and kill stuff quicker, but when you're melting enemies in 5 seconds or less anyway, turning that into 3 seconds isn't a huge thing.

Also agreed that they should straight up lock stuff out if you're not able to do certain things. As it is, it seems like skills only really come into play by introducing new conversation options, but more often than not, using one of those options just gives you a small amount of exp and doesn't dramatically change how anything plays out.

anthraticus

Banned
Sounds like it needs mods to increase the challenge and really be able to enjoy the game.

That's why you wait on these types of games which have a bunch of systems at work and inevitable balance issues and give them time to 'mature'.

Isa

Nonsense. I'm not some MLG guy who needs or even wants challenge like the old days to have fun. I've died a few times, and appreciate that my character has gotten better in the areas I spec'd into. I think people would do well to educate themselves on the titles they play beforehand though, I thought it was pretty well known this game would be far smaller in scope to the games it imitates, largely due to budget. One just needs to adopt the appropriate expectations. I feel that it is unfair to berate the game/dev for it not exceeding more grandiose ventures in the genre when it realistically couldn't have met them. Obviously story, writing, characters, setting etc. is subjective to individual preferences. I wasn't fond of Parvati's companion quest for example.

I must say that I really enjoy the setting, it reminds me of old sci-fi adventure serials, novels, and comics ala Flash Gordon and Weird Science. I don't always want serious stuff, sometimes I want to get lost in a Spaceballs experience. Makes me wish that Space Quest was still around. But I digress, I think with proper time and budget they'll be able to more fully realize the potential here.

Just finished the initial Edgewater quest. Did anyone else manage to make everyone happy, the board, the rebels and still fetch the quest objective?
also I hear people complaining about how easy it is. Am I the only one who's died at least 10 times on Hard in Edgewater?
this "easy sayers" are morons with no life.......

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Done with the game.. my 2 cents:

The absolute best:
No microtransactions, season passes or any other bullshit.

The good:
Best script in a game I've played in years. The dialog, the story, the characters, great work.
Great atmosphere.
Interesting weapons.
Almost no filler fetch quests.
The Fallout game I wanted.
Funny, but real laughs not like in Borderlands 3.

The "this is good but it shouldn't count because this is how things should have been but sadly they are so broken this is a feature" good:
Few to none bugs from the get go! Can you believe it? The game WORKS.

The not so good (IMO):
TOO MUCH AMMO.
Too easy. (Playing on PC, HARD 1st playthrough)
Weapon mods could be more interesting.
Inventory management, specially foods.
Tinkering and repairing could be more interesting.
Perks should change the game more, like in the old Fallout there were some weird game changing perks.
Companions are too OP.

It's an 8.5/10 for sure. Maybe a 9 but I feel it would be pushing it.

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
So I fucked myself in kind of an interesting way that I’m going to have to worm my way out of.

All those scientists that Gladys wanted their info/projects from in Roseway, I didn’t give to her. I ended up siding and helping the scientists instead. Now, I need the 10 grand to get the nav key to Stellar Bay and another (optional)
8k to get the ball rolling on turning in Phineas.

No idea how I’m gonna get that kind of scratch. I can’t persuade the old lady to part with the key either.

I did everything I could on Scyllus (which was only a couple quests) and now I’m on Monarch getting my ass kicked by that Mantis Queen. Hopefully I can scrape this cash together. I need about 9,500.

I have over 8k bits. I want that grand total. My persuasion is at 67 so I have no issues being a coaxing, manipulative bastard and getting higher rewards.

Im hoping that exploring and doing a bunch of stuff around Monarch will get me the dough I need.

I shot the old lady, fuck that bitch. She was gonna poison me with those cookies she was talking about

• LOL
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Done with the game.. my 2 cents:

The absolute best:
No microtransactions, season passes or any other bullshit.

The good:
Best script in a game I've played in years. The dialog, the story, the characters, great work.
Great atmosphere.
Interesting weapons.
Almost no filler fetch quests.
The Fallout game I wanted.
Funny, but real laughs not like in Borderlands 3.

The "this is good but it shouldn't count because this is how things should have been but sadly they are so broken this is a feature" good:
Few to none bugs from the get go! Can you believe it? The game WORKS.

The not so good (IMO):
TOO MUCH AMMO.
Too easy. (Playing on PC, HARD 1st playthrough)
Weapon mods could be more interesting.
Inventory management, specially foods.
Tinkering and repairing could be more interesting.
Perks should change the game more, like in the old Fallout there were some weird game changing perks.
Companions are too OP.

It's an 8.5/10 for sure. Maybe a 9 but I feel it would be pushing it.
Do you have a drive to like replay this game? I feel like I could beat this in 11 hours and never touch it again.

Do you have a drive to like replay this game? I feel like I could beat this in 11 hours and never touch it again.

Nope. You even have a respec option. There are a few quest I would like to know a different outcome and maybe try a low intelligent character to unlock the DUMB answers but that's about it.

It's a great game, and If you are enjoying it you will get more than 11 hours out of it because there are no filler quests.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Nope. You even have a respec option. There are a few quest I would like to know a different outcome and maybe try a low intelligent character to unlock the DUMB answers but that's about it.

It's a great game, and If you are enjoying it you will get more than 11 hours out of it because there are no filler quests.
That sucks. I didn't expect replayability like NV but I expected something. Gonna wait for a sale then.

Helios

I went to talk with the Board Lady after giving her a corrupted signal and the dialogue didn't allow me to refuse her offer afterwards. So when I came back to my ship the guy whose name I forgot started moaning on why I'm helping the board without giving me the option to tell him that I'm NOT going to deliver the Hope colonists to the Board. I hope I didn't screw myself out of something but talking with the board lady. The journal tells me I have two options on what to do with the colonists so I'm guessing I didn't.

Grinchy

Banned
It's painful for me to say this, but the allure really rubbed off quickly on this one. I'm so extremely impressed with the world created and the overall look of everything and I really like the art style. It feels like a ton of work went into making these great areas and then they struggled to fill them properly.

This definitely feels like a really good starting point of what could be great. Unfortunately, there are so many concessions made in this one that it's getting harder for me to continue. Even on Supernova, the game is piss-easy. I no longer have any challenge left whatsoever. I can run into any area and kill everything with my brain shut off.

And the dialog stopped being funny and cheeky hours ago. Now, I just find myself not giving a shit what anyone says. There is just way too damn much dialog and it's spoken way too slowly. Not every person has to give you a 10 minute info dump with really unfunny dialog wrapped around it. Imagine walking up to someone and asking them about the person you need to find and they just said, "Why the fuck would I know that?" And that's the end of the conversation. Sometimes less is more. Why are these kinds of games always filled with NPCs who are desperate to give you long info dumps? We can move on!

Then, the fact that there are so few actually important items in the game hurts it a lot for me. None of the aid items matter other than filling your hunger and thirst bars (and that's only on Supernova). The stats they give you for 15-60 seconds mean nothing and you're not going to go searching through the horrible list of them trying to figure out which one gives you better ranged damage for 10 seconds for the first sniper shot that's going to one-shot the enemy anyway.

And then there's the gear. Every piece of gear is the same. And when you get to a certain level or go to a certain new area, you start getting the new wave of the same items you'll be seeing for the next hours. You figure out really quickly that you just find the new base item and upgrade it and everything you find from then on is just scrap for repairs. It makes loot feel pointless.

I'm not done with the game completely, but boy am I letdown after the initial high it gave me from the beginning of the game. My guess is that they had a tough time balancing things and took an easy route to ensure the game could release and casuals could beat it while browsing Facebook simultaneously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

If I'm still enjoying the game by the time I reach the end of it, I'm definitely going to make a really dumb melee brute character that constantly turns to violence when presented with a challenge and see how that changes the events of the game.

HotPocket69

Banned
I shot the old lady, fuck that bitch. She was gonna poison me with those cookies she was talking about

Nah I just walked there from Cascadia 🤣👍🏼

Those lizard fuckers and the mantqueens were tough!

Feels so good to quick dodge into TTD and blind or knockback fools with precision shots 💦💦

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It's painful for me to say this, but the allure really rubbed off quickly on this one. I'm so extremely impressed with the world created and the overall look of everything and I really like the art style. It feels like a ton of work went into making these great areas and then they struggled to fill them properly.

This definitely feels like a really good starting point of what could be great. Unfortunately, there are so many concessions made in this one that it's getting harder for me to continue. Even on Supernova, the game is piss-easy. I no longer have any challenge left whatsoever. I can run into any area and kill everything with my brain shut off.

And the dialog stopped being funny and cheeky hours ago. Now, I just find myself not giving a shit what anyone says. There is just way too damn much dialog and it's spoken way too slowly. Not every person has to give you a 10 minute info dump with really unfunny dialog wrapped around it. Imagine walking up to someone and asking them about the person you need to find and they just said, "Why the fuck would I know that?" And that's the end of the conversation. Sometimes less is more. Why are these kinds of games always filled with NPCs who are desperate to give you long info dumps? We can move on!

Then, the fact that there are so few actually important items in the game hurts it a lot for me. None of the aid items matter other than filling your hunger and thirst bars (and that's only on Supernova). The stats they give you for 15-60 seconds mean nothing and you're not going to go searching through the horrible list of them trying to figure out which one gives you better ranged damage for 10 seconds for the first sniper shot that's going to one-shot the enemy anyway.

And then there's the gear. Every piece of gear is the same. And when you get to a certain level or go to a certain new area, you start getting the new wave of the same items you'll be seeing for the next hours. You figure out really quickly that you just find the new base item and upgrade it and everything you find from then on is just scrap for repairs. It makes loot feel pointless.

I'm not done with the game completely, but boy am I letdown after the initial high it gave me from the beginning of the game. My guess is that they had a tough time balancing things and took an easy route to ensure the game could release and casuals could beat it while browsing Facebook simultaneously.

Sentiments shared.

TLZ

Banned
This game is making my Xbox X fans work. It was always dead silent, until playing this game.

Maaaaan, this game is starting to get BORING. I don't want to be feeling like this but I do.

I'm not finished yet and I'm not going to get spoilery. ( I just got to Monarch and recruited the first companion you meet there and I think my character is level 10 ). I don't think I'm very far through the game at all but enough to have a feel for what it's about.

At first I was really liking it. It seemed to have so much potential. It was a mix of Fallout, KOTOR, Mass Effect and even a bit of Bioshock - Sounds AMAZING!

But here's the problem so far - the writing - It's just ... nothing has been very interesting. Not really. Not the story OR the characters. I don't have all of my companions yet ( I have 5 of them ) and they are all boring garbage. This is a MASSIVE problem for a game like this.

When I was playing KOTOR or Mass Effect ( NOT ANDROMEDA ) I genuinely either cared about or was interested in many of the characters. After each mission I would head back to the ship and see what all of them had to say. And the overall story of these games had me interested and excited from the beginning.

Meanwhile back in the Outer Worlds I just got to Monarch and recruited my newest companion. So far she's a trainwreck that instead of being interested in, I'm rolling my eyes at. The first interaction is you being asked to perform a boring fetch quest which further devolves into more sub-fetch quests. Luckily you can just intimidate your way as a shortcut.

I haven't found the writing to be particularly funny even though it's obviously trying. I also have yet to encounter a side-quest that was interesting or memorable. And what's up with Pavarti? I signed up for a wacky space adventure and instead THIS is what I have to deal with? ( You'll know pretty soon what I'm talking about ). Her problems are just not interesting to me - at all. Unless someone can tell me that she will soon change and become entertaining or worth having, I'm thinking of kicking her off the ship.

Is this game going to get better soon or is Outer Worlds just not for me? I WANT to like it and it's not bad... it's just the writing, story and characters are all so boring so far. :(

Last edited:

And then there's the gear. Every piece of gear is the same. And when you get to a certain level or go to a certain new area, you start getting the new wave of the same items you'll be seeing for the next hours. You figure out really quickly that you just find the new base item and upgrade it and everything you find from then on is just scrap for repairs. It makes loot feel pointless...

what's weird is, this kind of stuff was just universally trashed when it appeared in ghost recon: breakdown. but, its existence in this game apparently bothers next to no one. go figure...

Ywap

Sadly i have to agree with everything you say.

But here's the problem so far - the writing - It's just ... nothing has been very interesting. Not really. Not the story OR the characters. I don't have all of my companions yet ( I have 5 of them ) and they are all boring garbage. This is a MASSIVE problem for a game like this.

Agreed. Playing this in between Disco Elysium is really making the average writing stand out.

Also is it just me or maybe because I'm only about 10 hrs in, but so far its mostly consisting of zero nuanced agenda driven writing. The good o' "women are leaders and men are incompetent".

Game will be forgotten about a few months from now.

TLZ

Banned
Btw, they caught me stealing an item and came running shooting at me and I exited the area. But every time I go back in they're on to me. How do I get rid of them without killing them? I don't want to cause further malice.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Vicar Max's quest line resolution has killed my remaining interest in the game. It's terribly written Woke garbage where the main path appears to be stripping Max of his sense of order, purpose, and understanding of the universe in order to embrace an empty chaos of pure nihilism, via an incoherent psychedelic drug trip where he "resolves" his mother and father issues and murders his own persona. The writers seemingly frame this as an unequivocal good thing.

Sophomoric intersectional Marxism seeps through at every turn with little nuance. Nearly every woman is a highly competent engineer-warrior or doctor-warrior or leader-warrior, and nearly every man is a complete buffoon.

I didn't bother resolving Pavarti's impossibly naive and plodding lesbian dating arc.

The Obsidian that wrote KotOR 2, Mask of the Betrayer, and New Vegas no longer exists. RIP.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. Playing this in between Disco Elysium is really making the average writing stand out.

Also is it just me or maybe because I'm only about 10 hrs in, but so far its mostly consisting of zero nuanced agenda driven writing. The good o' "women are leaders and men are incompetent".

Game will be forgotten about a few months from now.

Yeah I suspect that might be part of why it didn't work for me. Disco Elysium is proving such an absolute blast, with such beautiful writing, so much freedom, that OW looks like a shallow shooter in comparison (I really do think they took too much inspiration from the Mass Effect games and not enough from KOTOR, Falout, etc - they cribbed a lot from Fallout but only in a memberberries kinda way - not the real depth of those games).

Btw, they caught me stealing an item and came running shooting at me and I exited the area. But every time I go back in they're on to me. How do I get rid of them without killing them? I don't want to cause further malice.

Apparently if you sleep long enough they will become neutral again. I have not tried it myself though.

Reactions: TLZ

Freeman76

There is a lot more to this game than I thought. Exploring and talking to everyone uncovers so many sidequests! Im at 25 hours, and about to go to Byzantium for the first time after finishing off the last 5 or 6 sidequests and exploring the crashed ship. Awesome game!

Stuart360

Although i dont agree with the problems a lot of you have with the game (22 hours in now, still probably my fave game this gen), i would say that this is a self funded glorified Indie game. Hopefully with Microsofts money behind the inevitable sequel, a lot of the problems some of you have will hopefully be fixed.

GymWolf

This is exactly what people without any skill says to feel better with themself, i feel sad for you puppy :messenger_blowing_kiss:

No chance of other players being skilled in the genre or the game being a cakewalk like a lot games this gen, nooo they have to be moron without a life, gtfo with this bullshit mate.

Last edited:

Coflash

Completely agree with all of this, playing on the same difficulty.

The first 20 minutes were the best, trying to beat everything with the starting weapons. It was a genuine challenge. Everything after that is a bit of a snorefest in regards to combat. I was hoping it would change but it's sad to see that it never does.

One thing you didn't touch on was how easy it is to steal everything, it makes investing in stealth or even bothering to sneak around a bit of a novelty. Even if you do get caught, the options to get yourself out of those situations are too convenient.

Hopefully mods can fix the poor balancing, but I'm not sure that the game is going to be very mod friendly.

Darak

The difficulty so far (doing Monarch missions) is on the easy side, but it's not bad. I usually wipe the floor with my enemies but some encounters are too much and I must run away and play guerrilla tactics. This is playing solo on hard, so maybe companions are OP. The first planet was much harder, though.

The writing on this game is atrocious, by the way. I don't have an issue with writers inserting politics into this kind of game (that's actually welcomed and expected), I have an issue when their understanding of politics is at kindergarten level. Every nuanced and complex issue (corporativism, personal freedoms, work culture, property, law, whatever) is given a childish, strict good vs evil presentation where the writer's biased preference is the good one and the other one, when you can even choose it, considers you a dastardly moustache-twirling villain. They sometimes try to hide their superficiality behind a humor wall but most of the time it just falls flat.

• Thoughtful
So how infected by political correctness is this game really? I was considering getting the swith version, but should I evenbother?
It’s filled with it in more subtle ways. I haven’t seen anything overtly terrible. It’s more politically correct in the checking boxes kind of way.
So, for example, the ship aptly named “Groundbreaker” has an entirely female command staff. The head engineer is a genius woman who comes from a long line of genius women. The head of security is a tough, no-nonsense woman. The mercenary business headquartered there is run by a tough, smart woman. The underground information broker on The Groundbreaker is an tough, smart elderly woman. The villain on the ship is a weak, ineffectual man. The Groundbreaker is really the only place the corporations don’t control, and is shown as a flawed beacon of hope.
The Outer Worlds is full of things like that. Chances are, if the person is good, they’re a woman.

So I think the performance has gotten a little better especially since I finally left EdgeWater. Other than performance I absolutely love this game!

Quick question. How do I un-equip my companion's helmet? I can do it to my helmet but not my companion. Is this a bug or something?

Stuart360

Anyone who knows my posts will know i'm as anti PC/SJW as you can get, BUT i didnt think all the agenda shite was as in your face as some people are making out. Maybe its because i love the game so much that i'm subconsciously ignoring it or something.
Anyway if all else fails, you cans kill anyone in this game so if there is some you dont like, kill them lol.

Anyone who knows my posts will know i'm as anti PC/SJW as you can get, BUT i didnt think all the agenda shite was as in your face as some people are making out. Maybe its because i love the game so much that i'm subconsciously ignoring it or something.
Anyway if all else fails, you cans kill anyone in this game so if there is some you dont like, kill them lol.
Not at all

I don't think it's "in your face" at all, I just think it gets noticeable the more you play it. On my second play through, I feel like I'm noticing it a lot more. It's not an isolated thing. Groundbreaker can't be a big coincidence. You don't make every important quest giver, except the "bad" faction, a woman by accident. It's hard to be specific without spoilers, but throughout the game woman are shown to be the better characters.

I don't think it's "in your face" at all, I just think it gets noticeable the more you play it. On my second play through, I feel like I'm noticing it a lot more. It's not an isolated thing. Groundbreaker can't be a big coincidence. You don't make every important quest giver, except the "bad" faction, a woman by accident. It's hard to be specific without spoilers, but throughout the game woman are shown to be the better characters.
Well I JUST got to Groundbreaker so I guess I will see but I tend to not look for these things unless its like BFV levels lol

Dane

Juding by its mixed reception, maybe its overrated?

If it was on Steam, the reviews could show a notion.

nowhat

Quick question. How do I un-equip my companion's helmet? I can do it to my helmet but not my companion. Is this a bug or something?
So far (on a Pro FWIW) I haven't found a way to do this.

But you just got to Groundbreaker - there's a certain vendor, he'll sell helmets you'll want to equip all your companions with. You'll know what I mean. The specs aren't great, but your companions looking very goofy all the time makes up for it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the ambient dialogue and situations they put in with your companions are poorly done and break sequence. I got the companion on Monarch, and immediately Parvati asks her while we're out roaming, "have you ever been off world, I mean, before you met the captain?" We hadn't even gone to my ship yet... Then, once I finish up the quests on Monarch, I return to my ship and there's some scene playing out where the Monarch companion Nyoka is teaching a nervous Parvati how to shoot a pistol... what? I've had her slaughtering fools with a minigun for hours now and she's supposed to be gun shy all of the sudden?

So I think the performance has gotten a little better especially since I finally left EdgeWater. Other than performance I absolutely love this game!

You can't un-equip, but you can make it so the helmet is not visible via an option in the menus. Under Gameplay options, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far (on a Pro FWIW) I haven't found a way to do this.

But you just got to Groundbreaker - there's a certain vendor, he'll sell helmets you'll want to equip all your companions with. You'll know what I mean. The specs aren't great, but your companions looking very goofy all the time makes up for it.
I don’t want my companions to look goofy

Teslerum

Juding by its mixed reception, maybe its overrated?

If it was on Steam, the reviews could show a notion.

Both (to a somewhat extreme degree)

Have no idea where the majoritys gonna settle after a year (also depends on support), but theres gonna be lots of discussion and divisive opinions even in the future when everthings calmed down. I don't think this is going to be clear cut at all. In public perception this game is going to be an absolute rollercoaster.

Nydius

That's some amazing logic you've got there.

After Edgewater, the game is extremely easy regardless of how much (or little) you play it. The luster of the game's mechanics start to wear off mid-way through Monarch. Weapon balance is chucked out the window the minute you get a plasma rifle or plasma carbine or weapon with a n-ray mod. Enemy AI is predictably stupid to the point that stealth rarely matters. Skill checks passing values are extremely low and there's only a small handful of checks that require anything higher than 65 skill -- those which do exist are so few and far between that spending the points between 65-85+ are wasted points. Once you have most of your skills above 40 (which most will be just by leveling), skill builds are inconsequential and the 60/80/100 level bonuses aren't usually worth investing in as they're overkill. By the time I was in my early level 20's (still between Monarch and Scylla, mind), my companions were killing things before I could target where they were -- again, on HARD difficulty.

Supernova isn't much harder, it's just more tedious.

Last edited:

BigBooper

I like the flaws system. It gives some easy rpg flexibility. I don't really like the snarky, everyone's dumb but me dialogue though. I heard Ben on Frame Trap praising the dialogue as being so realistic and I'm just hoping that's not what Obsidian takes as a pillar of the game.

I do hope for a sequel, but hopefully with less sassy finger snapping.

Zeypher

Some of the ambient dialogue and situations they put in with your companions are poorly done and break sequence. I got the companion on Monarch, and immediately Parvati asks her while we're out roaming, "have you ever been off world, I mean, before you met the captain?" We hadn't even gone to my ship yet... Then, once I finish up the quests on Monarch, I return to my ship and there's some scene playing out where the Monarch companion Nyoka is teaching a nervous Parvati how to shoot a pistol... what? I've had her slaughtering fools with a minigun for hours now and she's supposed to be gun shy all of the sudden?

You can't un-equip, but you can make it so the helmet is not visible via an option in the menus. Under Gameplay options, I think.
I feel some companions wre not supposed to be field companions. Parvati, SAM and Ellie for example. They took inspiration from firefly but forgot the the crew included non combatants like Kaylee who Parvati is based on. Ellie is the doctor who again was not on first call for combat either. I wished that not everyone was a companion/squadmate but crew mates instead. Definitely not happy with how Vicar Max's questline played out. They turned a great character into a fucking hippy and make it seem like a good thing ffs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom