• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outer Worlds review thread

What is Gamepass on PC like? I note it says 'beta' which is a little concerning.
I just signed up yesterday and I couldn't get anything to download until I reset the Store app on Windows 10. Once I got that working, I had slow download speeds and weird licensing errors. I was able to solve that by logging out of my Microsoft Account, and logging back in. Minor issues, but still little things that had to be fixed. I'm assuming those kinds of issues are because it's still in a beta period. Hopefully Game Pass on the PC will be relatively painless by the time it's out of beta.

D_Dark

Neo Member
I bought Gamepass last month. Played Gears 4, then my Xbox app got corrupted or some shit & told me to re-install. It refuses to reinstall, got fed up of trying to troubleshoot, gave up. Gamepass auto deducted money for this month, can't play Outer worlds even though I have gamepass cause the xbox app is piece of shit.

Last edited:
I just signed up yesterday and I couldn't get anything to download until I reset the Store app on Windows 10. Once I got that working, I had slow download speeds and weird licensing errors. I was able to solve that by logging out of my Microsoft Account, and logging back in. Minor issues, but still little things that had to be fixed. I'm assuming those kinds of issues are because it's still in a beta period. Hopefully Game Pass on the PC will be relatively painless by the time it's out of beta.
Cool, thanks.

MiguelItUp

Thanks for this! Good to keep in mind.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm at the point where a 15 hour campaign can take me more than 2 weeks to beat depending on business and mood :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I naturally play games like this slower as I like to investigate things and figure them out on my own, so even on the absolute low end, I'd be looking at 20+ hours easily. I'm guessing I'll be more close to the 40ish.

Isa

Gold Member
Great news for Obsidian! I've been super excited for this game since its reveal. I've been avoiding most news, videos and reviews except for that Game Informer "dumb" video which was alright. The wait is brutal, hope I can distract myself from it with other games until then. I'm trying to beat Code Vein before hand but I doubt it knowing me. I'm also really interested in seeing ACG's review.

Karak

I feel sorry. Different dates for site reviewers and youtubers are stupid.
Looking forward to tomorrow!
Ya it just leads us down a discussion that gaming doesn't need right now. We have enough issues in reviewing that adding a "why these guys and not these guys" isn't another discussion we need. I dont mind not getting code at all. No one is ever owed code. But the moment you start restricting timing for reviews you get into a very real...weirdness. Its why I passed it up myself when offered in the past.

thelastword

Banned
I keep saying this and they keep adding new games haha. It's been several months now:)
Well I got it for Gears 5, but I will definitely check out outerworlds since I still have about a month left on gamepass ultimate...….I guess I should also check Metro out since I'm not going to be making an Epic Store account in a hurry…..

Reactions: Isa

Mattyp

Gold Member
??? i dont get it, whats wrong with that?. I also have my PC connected to my 50inch, many PC gamers do. Are only consoles allowed to use tv's or something?

Because people saying PC master race normally only get those benefits if playing on a monitor to enjoy the refresh rate.

Otherwise in 99% of situations unless you have a brand new expensive Sammy you’re limited by the same frame rate as consoles and with the X majority of the time resolution also.

Stuart360

Because people saying PC master race normally only get those benefits if playing on a monitor to enjoy the refresh rate.

Otherwise in 99% of situations unless you have a brand new expensive Sammy you’re limited by the same frame rate as consoles and with the X majority of the time resolution also.
Well i get 60fps in almost every game i play, consoles dont. I can chose resolutions upto 4k, consoles dont (the X does sometimes), and i can play at max settings in games i play, consoles certainly cant.

Humdinger

Ya it fucking sucks

I can see why you say that. All the other sites' (IGN, etc.) reviews appear on Youtube, the day before the Youtubers' reviews are allowed. That's kind of twisted. Puts you a day behind, on your native platform. And just being Day 2 overall isn't great, either.

Well, on the upside, it seems like a lot of people here are interested in what your opinion is, regardless of when it comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

pr0cs

Hoping I dig it, hated the auto levelling bullshit from oblivion and so on, if that goofy shit is in here Ima gonna be pissed

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
You have your PC connected to your 55" living room tv and I am the retard. Sure Einstein. And butthurt? I own every current gen consoleand also 2 PCs that I use for more important endeavours than gaming. Have a good life.
Its connected to a 55" 4k tv and two regular monitors. I use my pc for "important" stuff too... lol.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
What is Gamepass on PC like? I note it says 'beta' which is a little concerning.
Its like the xbox version but on pc.
I bought Gamepass last month. Played Gears 4, then my Xbox app got corrupted or some shit & told me to re-install. It refuses to reinstall, got fed up of trying to troubleshoot, gave up. Gamepass auto deducted money for this month, can't play Outer worlds even though I have gamepass cause the xbox app is piece of shit.
Reset the store app and update to the most current version of windows 10. I had a similar issue and that fixed it.

Last edited:

D_Dark

Neo Member
Reset the store app and update to the most current version of windows 10. I had a similar issue and that fixed it.
Already tried reseting the store and I am on the latest version of windows 10. I already tried everything they told me except format my system & I certainly am not willing to do that.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Man, can't wait to play this on the 24th with Game Pass PC. Fucking sweet! Pre-loading now. Locked and Loaded!

Me every hour for the next 26Hrs:
OuterGif.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom