• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The peanut butter sandwich hack nobody asked for

RMI

Banned
if it's frozen into like a slice then how do you get it onto both slices to keep the jam/jelly from fucking up your bread?

this seems like a bad idea.

Phu

Banned
I liked how she said freezing the peanut butter avoided making a mess and then misses the bread when waving around the honey wand.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Hey guys, this is my posties.

I prepare my posties in a .txties fileies the nightsies beforesies.

saves mes so many timesies

I do like how she has a drink in her hand in the beginning when explaining the whole process.

DOLLOPIES

Hopefully she doesn't actually do this and is just making YouTube videos for money, because it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

It's amazing it's still banned in schools. How do parents afford to feed their children. It's a cheap and easy lunch.

PB & J banned?

Some schools banned PB because of the rise in peanut butter allergies, but very, very few, probably less than 1% or maybe even less than 1/10 of 1%. But for every 1/100 schools that banned peanut butter, they got a ton of media attention, blowback, and/or recognition, so it led to the perception that this was common. For the most part, medical science has gone in the opposite direction and it's found that:

a) Banning peanut butter from schools does not result in less occurrences of anaphalaxis
b) Banning peanut butter results in more peanut butter allergies requiring Epipens

So, since at least 2011, schools are encouraged not to ban potentially allergens

But back in the mid-2000s to early 2010s, it was a fad especially in well-to-do school systems like where this #mamaHacker probably sends her kids.

Keasar

Bread rips?
Easier to prepare then just spread the damn thing on?

Lady is this you?
pourfail.gif

louiedog

It sounds like she's A) using shitty grocery store shelf bread that's all air and B) maybe putting her peanut butter in the coldest part of her fridge which is making it hard. She created a solution to a problem that she also created. I don't have issues with my peanut butter tearing the bread. If I did, I wouldn't go about fixing it with a huge waste of time.

Foodnetwerk.jpg

I bet her freezer is filled with slices of pb spread. When the kids get older, the freezer will contain only these slices, meanwhile their mother obsessively makes more hoping that it will catch on. Her children will tell her its a fucking dumb idea, "let it go, mom."

The biggest crime here is she is using creamy peanut butter instead of the far superior chunky.

Haven't watched the video yet, but she uses smooth and claims it rips the bread? What? Only time I've ever ripped bread with peanut butter is with
inferior
chunky peanut butter.

Valtýr

I pulled the video up with the sound off and honestly for all I know this could be a The Katering Show episode. It looks like a parody.

Anno

Have a family friend who only has one arm who I think I'll send this too. He always talks about being able to get used to doing a lot of stuff with just one arm - hell he's still a pretty decent golfer - but spreading peanut butter has always been an annoyance.

I lost it at about :55 after she goes, "it's frozen, AAGGGHH!!!"

This is beyond stupid. Wonder what she was drinking at the beginning.

Nowise10

just keep your bread in the freezer so when you make sandwhiches you can put on the condiments without it ripping straight through the bread, its what i do, it also keeps your sandwhiches cold

Foodnetwerk.jpg

I bet her freezer is filled with slices of pb spread. When the kids get older, the freezer will contain only these slices, meanwhile their mother obsessively makes more hoping that it will catch on. Her children will tell her its a fucking dumb idea, "let it go, mom."

Need to whip up lunch in a hurry? Put a schmear of peanut butter in the freezer and eat the peanut butter out of the freezer like a animal you piece of shit

louiedog

I lost it at about :55 after she goes, "it's frozen, AAGGGHH!!!"

This is beyond stupid. Wonder what she was drinking at the beginning.

Well, this is the kind of dumb, useless trick I used to expect from Sandra Lee. If this woman is filling that hole for the network than she's probably drinking something because Lee always was.

It sounds like she's A) using shitty grocery store shelf bread that's all air and B) maybe putting her peanut butter in the coldest part of her fridge which is making it hard. She created a solution to a problem that she also created. I don't have issues with my peanut butter tearing the bread. If I did, I wouldn't go about fixing it with a huge waste of time.

Why is your peanut butter in the fridge?

mackattk

Spend a few seconds spreading peanut butter, immediately clean knife.. got your sandwich prepared and everything clean and like new within a minute.

Or spend 10-15 minutes spreading peanut butter on parchment paper, clean your knife, freeze it, wait a few hours, fuck up your kitchen shears with frozen peanut butter, lay the peanut butter down on the bread, wait for it to get to room temperature and finally eat it.

Why waste all the time and energy? Why create so much waste with parchment paper? If you are having so much of an issue with bread tearing, don't use stale bread or don't buy the cheapest dollar loaves. Even if it does tear who really cares? Sandwich would still be edible and slightly messy..

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I have ripped the bread before, but that usually only happens with a combination of organic natural peanut butter and dollar general white bread.
And making multiple sandwichies in a hurries can add to that.ies.

Teh Lurv

I won't lie: When I clicked on this thread I was half-expecting someone came up with a $400 machine to make PB&J sandwiches.

DOLLOPIES

Hopefully she doesn't actually do this and is just making YouTube videos for money, because it's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Some schools banned PB because of the rise in peanut butter allergies, but very, very few, probably less than 1% or maybe even less than 1/10 of 1%. But for every 1/100 schools that banned peanut butter, they got a ton of media attention, blowback, and/or recognition, so it led to the perception that this was common. For the most part, medical science has gone in the opposite direction and it's found that:

a) Banning peanut butter from schools does not result in less occurrences of anaphalaxis
b) Banning peanut butter results in more peanut butter allergies requiring Epipens

So, since at least 2011, schools are encouraged not to ban potentially allergens

But back in the mid-2000s to early 2010s, it was a fad especially in well-to-do school systems like where this #mamaHacker probably sends her kids.

My local HS banned any nut products on campus. I think its more than 1% if my HS banned it. I live in a very conservative community

Top Bottom