• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The peanut butter sandwich hack nobody asked for

Timeaisis

Who the has time for all that? I've made pb&js my entire life and I don't think I ever ripped the bread. It's not like I'm clobbering it with a hammer.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
A hack that turns a 3 minute or less process into one that takes several hours.

I've never ripped bread while spreading on peanut butter.

Aselith

Gotta justify your salary, you know? Its a bad idea but they can't all be gold, sometimes you gotta fill the in between with peanut butter cheese.

plus

vdoF8.png

has anybody tried this foodnetwork recipe? asking for a friend

Kill me. This woman has got to be an insufferable parody of what a millennial parent is "supposed" to look like and believe.

Like who the fuck are they trying to fool with this shit? This could literally be something published in the Onion illustrating how ironically inefficient and non-pragmatic most purported "life hacks" actually are. And how Millennials just eat them up regardless.

Also:

stop-being-a-dick-food-netwerk.png

jstripes

Banned
Kill me. This woman has got to be an insufferable parody of what a millennial parent is "supposed" to look like and believe.

Like who the fuck are they trying to fool with this shit? This could literally be something published in the Onion illustrating how ironically inefficient and non-pragmatic most purported "life hacks" actually are. And how Millennials just eat them up regardless.

Things like this have been around since forever. You're just exposed to it now because of the internet.

Stay-at-home parents get bored easily and frequently look for "creative" ways of doing ordinary things.

ZoronMaro

I have never had this problem, but even if I ever did, I would probably, y'know heat it up to make it easier to spread and not freeze it and make in impossible to spread.

I make PB&J every day, and I buy the cheapest bread and cheapest PB, and never understood how people tear their bread. This isn't hard people.

At least the woman in the video you posted seems to be competent at what she's doing. I'd drink the latte, but I wouldn't eat that sandwich.

I wouldn't give her that much credit, haha. She fucks up pretty much every single step in that video. First off, she didn't make espresso, she made French press coffee. When she frothed the milk, she made something more akin to a cappuccino than a latte, and she then poured the coffee into the milk, instead of the other way around.

I mean, I'm sure it tastes "fine." Hell, I have a pretty low bar for coffee, personally. It just irks me a bit when people claim they can perfectly recreate (or even improve, as she claims) what a $1000+ machine and a professional coffee maker can do. It implies that those that enjoy professional lattes are suckers or something, wasting their money. If you want the cheaper stuff -- and I usually do, TBH -- then cool. But don't act like you've cracked some code and exposed the business, when all you did was make some cheap, creamy French press coffee.

That being said, this comes across as me being more upset than I am. TBH, I just love to hate-watch Hip2Save. I may even go on a binge now, as it's been a while since I've indulged myself, haha.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing I can imagine is she's one of those weirdos that keeps her peanut butter in the fridge? My grandma did that and god damn it was a pain in the ass.

Also "gluggies" smh.

Sulik2

The only thing I can imagine is she's one of those weirdos that keeps her peanut butter in the fridge? My grandma did that and god damn it was a pain in the ass.

Also "gluggies" smh.

If its natural peanut butter you have to keep it refrigerated. Its only the hydrogenized stuff that is pantry safe.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
This isn't a terrible idea because it's impossible for kids (or slobby roommates) to fuck it up. They can make their own lunch and you don't have to come home and find dried up peanut butter all over the kitchen. And there's no crusty peanut butter spoons or knives to deal with afterwards.

You might even be able to layer thinly sliced fruit with the peanut butter in the parchment. They would keep just fine in the freezer and it would save some more time.

If its natural peanut butter you have to keep it refrigerated. Its only the hydrogenized stuff that is pantry safe.

You can keep natural in the pantry, it just lasts a month vs 6 months but for most that is enough time. Just have to give it a stir at times. It goes on much smoother than regular PB too.

Top Bottom