• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran rp

MGSGZ_flipped.jpg

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Yeah, can't get over how much the guy looks like Snake/Boss. This must be a viral for the new MGS?

BECAUSE IT STARTED NORMAL THEN LOTS OF WEIRD STUPID SHIT HAPPENED.

Kusagari

Whole thing was just so fucking Kojima it's unbelievable.

Main character IS Solid Snake with Big Boss's eyepatch. Psycho Mantis lookalike near the end which signaled when all the weird shit, like the whale, started appearing.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Looks like the exact same engine ground zeroes uses...

Also Moby Dick studios? Big whale in the trailer? Yeah...

Moby Dick studios website was registered less then a month ago. Expires in 2013.

There was a whale in the trailer.

It looked like the Fox Engine, ALOT.

It looked like Snake, ALOT.

Connect the dots, Kojima is trolling us.

Nice find. Hopefully this stops people with the MGS bullshit.

LOL

mindblown.gif

Just... Yeah. If this is the cryptic thing that Geoff was on about, it's presumably been cracked within 5 minutes?!

yeah.

Moby Dick Studio is going to feel great when everybody thinks that their game is a viral marketing scheme for another game.

Do you guys really think a random startup from Sweden that just registered their website 2 weeks ago could put out a trailer of that calibur? It's MGS. The "two phantoms were born" thing confirms it.

Nice find. Hopefully this stops people with the MGS bullshit.

Some info:

Welcome to MDS
Groundbreaking games from Sweden

Our goal is to deliver an uncompromising, exciting and touching game experience to people all around the globe.

Moby Dick Studio is a game developing company operating out of Stockholm, Sweden. Moby Dick Studio was founded by CEO Joakim Mogren who after years of working for a major American developer brought together people out of various game studios from around the Scandinavian area to start something new.

We will shortly be disclosing information regarding our first major release.

I bet this is Ground Zeroes.
I can imagine a scenario where this is probably a scene with Big Boss being held prisoner and tortured. Still under the influence of some psychotropic drugs or temporary insanity tries to make a failed escape attempt. Also it could be Psycho Mantis at the very end who is messing with his mind.

Empty

i kinda hope it's not metal gear because i hated it. but it's obviously metal gear. kojima's fingerprints all over the writing and direction of that trailer, you can see his style from a mile off, even outside of the logic of why it's there if it's just some random game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom