• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Oh man oh man oh man. Kind of odd they didn't outright say it since that would generate a ton of hype and press (if it's true), but I could see them not wanting to overshadow Ground Zeroes. Especially if MGS5 is still a good ways away (2014 at the earliest).

It's Kojima. Dude is a master of subtlety and trolling.

JNQmc.jpg

Clear as day.

:lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Also worth nothing, you can see the guy's ass (the one who is helping the Snake look alike) through his gown. Callback to MGS2?

MormaPope

Banned
I couldn't believe this would be a MGS game at first, but this is just too fucked up and fishy not to be. Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_eye_syndrome

"Visual hallucinations. About 30% of patients report visual hallucinations of the removed eye.[1] Most of these hallucinations consist of basic perceptions (shapes, colors). In contrast, visual hallucinations caused by severe visual loss (Charles Bonnet syndrome) are less frequent (prevalence 10%) and often consist of detailed images."

Enucleation of an eye and, similarly, retinal damage, lead to a cascade of events in the cortical areas receiving visual input. Cortical GABAergic (GABA: Gamma-aminobutyric acid) inhibition decreases, and cortical glutamatergic excitation increases, followed by increased visual excitibility or even spontaneous activity in the visual cortex.[6] It is believed that spontaneous activity in the denervated visual cortex is the neural correlate of visual hallucinations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bonnet_syndrome

People suffering from CBS may experience a wide variety of hallucinations. Images of complex colored patterns and images of people are most common, followed by animals, plants or trees and inanimate objects. The hallucinations also often fit into the person's surroundings.[2]

I know Big Boss had his right eye damaged by a heated muzzle/bullet, but was it ever removed completely? Like, did he ever get the dead eyeball removed?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Are you guys familiar with the concept of "Phantom Pain"? When people lose limbs or fingers they still experience sensations in their PHANTOM LIMB.

There is only one game, obviously now MGSV. Ground Zeroes was just the name of the trailer.

No, pretty sure GZ and MGS5 are two games based on everything KojiPro said back when GZ was revealed, and what Geoff Keighley said.

Back then they telegraphed that the other game they were working on was MGS5 so its not shocking news they are developing 2 MGS games if you've been following KP closely.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Are you guys familiar with the concept of "Phantom Pain"? When people lose limbs or fingers they still experience sensations in their PHANTOM LIMB.

I'm pretty sure phantom limb syndrome is a well known concept.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Stop this, people. There is only one game, obviously now MGSV. Ground Zeroes was just the name of the trailer.

My man.

and so was "The Phantom Pain" the name of the second trailer to MGSV.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I think we would have got there eventually but the dudes face in this even half covered was instantly called out as snake from GZ

Even people I know who have never seen anything from GZ, correctly identified him as Snake from the get go.

I thought that we knew at least since the Ground Zeroes reveal that we would be getting TWO different games.

And, I thought that all of his future titles would be PS3/360/PC.

Guys, guys. Peacewalker is MGSV. I kid, I kid. Seriously, I doubt this and Ground Zeroes are two different games. As much as I'd love double the MGS goodness, I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom