• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/joakim.mogren

Is nobody else bothered by this? I mean, did he set up a fake Facebook site with fake Facebook friends?

Is it a total coincidence and this random Swedish guy will have a good laugh about it?

Or are there... clues?

Probably not even related. It's most likely an actual Swedish name too. Wouldn't want to bombard this guys Facebook...

Although there was a post on it back in 2009 that has the word fox in it...

NYR94

Also worth nothing, you can see the guy's ass (the one who is helping the Snake look alike) through his gown. Callback to MGS2?

In one of the earliest mentions of the FOX engine Kojima talked about see through clothing. This is a pic he posted.

MEdVy.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kojima said GZ is a prelude to V. Seems like GZ is PC/PS3/360 and V is next-gen.

Or Ground Zeroes could be the intro level, as MGS2 was originally meant to be the tanker intro, and MGS3 was Raiden's gameplay.

Anyone who watched the original Konami pitch videos probably saw this.

Jarmel

Banned
So BB is knocked into a coma(and loses an arm) and brought to a British government hospital(as seen by the flag) and I'm guessing either Zero or Volgin attack the place in an attempt to kill BB who is suffering from amnesia.

Is two seperate games Kojima's way of delving further into the MGS Peace Walker model without turning away his fan base? With GZ he can deliver open world gameplay with a mission based model and with MGSV he can retain a more traditional linear progression model with cinematic style having a heavy emphasis.

Someone on Kotaku wondered if anyone could reverse the music and see if there is anything to that. some audio does sound reversed

So what else is new about Ground Zeroes? It's a "prologue" to Metal Gear Solid 5, says Hideo Kojima. The open world of Ground Zeroes is literally the entire world – a helicopter can be called to help during missions or ferry Snake in and out of mission levels. Moreover, you can customize the music that the helicopter plays when it arrives to help you ("Flight of the Valkyries" played during the demo we were shown today – Kojima says the louder the song is, the more of a chance of you getting caught, so maybe Slayer wouldn't be the best choice).

Kojima reiterates that Ground Zeroes is a current-gen game, though Fox Engine is scalable for next-gen as well. He wouldn't give specifics on the name, but calls the game "a beginning" rather than an end for the series.

Source

The next Metal Gear Solid game is considered a prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5, director Hideo Kojima said today at a PAX presentation.

Source

Obviously things change in Kojima land, but he was 100% clear that Ground Zeroes was absolutely not Metal Gear Solid 5 back when that last trailer came out.

zychi

Banned
I thought that we knew at least since the Ground Zeroes reveal that we would be getting TWO different games.

And, I thought that all of his future titles would be PS3/360/PC.

Kojima also has said there wouldn't be another metal gear solid game everytime after 2 came out. I don't take anything he says as truth. Ground Zeroes could be a code name for the trailer they revealed, it could be a mission in V, it could be a whole new game. I just love that there's more Metal Gear coming.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dat limited lighting and decal effect.

xlarge.jpg

Dat limited geometry on pants and enclosed, sparsely detailed environment.

alt-noscale.jpg

Dat limited face and hair geometry.

2lit3.jpg

Dat Vita.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So BB is knocked into a coma(and loses an arm) and brought to a British government hospital(as seen by the flag) and I'm guessing either Zero or Volgin attack the place in an attempt to kill BB who is suffering from amnesia.

Everything is just an illusion. He never lost an arm, Volgin is just a hallucination so are the soldiers.

Take a look at the trailer were Snake is surrounded by people then suddenly Soldiers start shooting at them. Everyone gets killed but not Snake.

Wait, so does this finally cover the time Big Boss spent in a coma that they have mentioned in other games?

MEtal Gear Coma
Persistent Vegetative Action!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I still think Kojima is trying to pull the trigger on his original MGS2/MGS3 idea.

Big Boss is the superior character. That and you never know if he is going to pull a MGS2 after the first act and you're playing as someone else. So either way I'm happy.

zlatko

Banned
I knew it was Metal Gear the second you see his mullet. Thanks GAF for the detective work.

This and Dark Souls 2 made this years VGA's take a steamy shit on E3. Fuck yeah! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom