• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

Animated fade in/out:

9d78i2st.gif

Ok, this is the DEFINITIVE pic.

There, now no one can say they dont see it.

winstano

Beaten slightly, but keeping it in the original context:

1PIYL.gif

Oh god dammit, I didn't see brohmbel's superior one. Good job!

Empty

this thread is great. love you kojima. it's great to see someone with his imagination and unique sensibility have the money and power to pull things like this off.

Holy shit, just saw the trailer. It's do obvious it's MGS, the crawling, the hiding under the bed, the giant whale that looks like a burning Gear. Lol.

FStop7

Banned
@geoffkeighley 8:12 PM
Thanks for all the VGA feedback. The Phantom Pain is an a completely game, nothing that has been shown before. I assure you of that.

Yes, Geoff, you're going to debut the trailer of a completely new game from a 1 month old video game studio led by a producer nobody has ever heard of on the VGAs. Stop it.

Also take note there was no publisher mentioned in the trailer, because putting Konami's name in there would have totally spoiled it.

Yes, Geoff, you're going to debut the trailer of a completely new game from a 1 month old video game studio led by a producer nobody has ever heard of on the VGAs. Stop it.

Also take note there was no publisher mentioned in the trailer, because putting Konami's name in there would have totally spoiled it.

That fits with what people are saying this isn't ground zero its a new game MGS5

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I mean that scene.

7777777xpkmg.png

Everyone gets hit by bullets but not Snake.

It's an illusion/PsychoMantis/The Sorrow trick.

The scene with the car wreck is after he wakes up. He's already got the prosthetic arm and there are pills flying around all over the place in the accident. I would assume it's some kind of medical van or ambulance from the hospital.

winstano

Source

Source

Obviously things change in Kojima land, but he was 100% clear that Ground Zeroes was absolutely not Metal Gear Solid 5 back when that last trailer came out.

That prologue thing was taken out of context. At Eurogamer he said that the gameplay footage was the prologue to the full game, like the Tanker scene in MGS2, pretty much.

Dat limited lighting and decal effect.

xlarge.jpg

Dat limited geometry on pants and enclosed, sparsely detailed environment.

alt-noscale.jpg

Dat limited face and hair geometry.

2lit3.jpg

Dat Vita.

The trailer was running in 720p, though, wasn't it?

I think Konami would have... words with Kojima if a game with these production values was for Vita. I mean, they poo-pooed "MGS5" as a title because it was for PSP, and that was a kind of viable platform.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The scar is on his right cheek, the blood spot is shaped exactly as the scar on the promo

Thanks for the feedback though

When the hell did the detail of his face become a scar?

and I'm not getting into arguments about pixel arrangements on the internet. It's probably Big Boss. So you'll think you were right anyways

see this is why i dislike new mgs game reveals because then 75% of the posts are people taking random things from all over the series and throwing them together because "kojima tricked us that one time ten years ago!!!"

lol i bet it's cyborg raiden teaming up with young colonel campbell and fighting the fourth snake clone but it's all a vr simulation being run by sunny in 1958!!! look at this pixel!

Seriously

imjust1n

Banned
You know what right when I saw the dude in the hospital bed get up I thought metal gear solid as that is snake

I was like that's snake then I saw a flaming whale and I was like... Ehhhh why.

Then the name came up I was like oh.. K new ip then

Nope I guess I was right metal gear solid: ground zeroes aka (Metal Gear Solid 5?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom