• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
M4rqe.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kojima, your viral shit is the fucking best. This is what I missed from MGS4.

The trailer was running in 720p, though, wasn't it?

I think Konami would have... words with Kojima if a game with these production values was for Vita. I mean, they poo-pooed "MGS5" as a title because it was for PSP, and that was a kind of viable platform.

It could just be MGS vita. not 5

"But why can't MGS just be a good tactical shooter game without all of that crazy talking arm nonsense?"

I remember when 1UP used to go on about that. I'm glad that Kojima still has the balls to still do this kind of stuff.

The way MGS4 turned out had me worried.

Jarmel

Banned
Everything is just an illusion. He never lost an arm, Volgin is just a hallucination so are the soldiers.

Take a look at the trailer were Snake is surrounded by people then suddenly Soldiers start shooting at them. Everyone gets killed but not Snake.

Could be a hospital run by Zero(with his British connections) that houses people like Mantis and someone actually attacks the place. The psychics are causing an hallucinatory effect on BB. So you're right in that he might still have his arm and the Phantom Pain might be a reverse reference to the fact that he still has his arm but he's hallucinating. I do think the soldiers are real though.

Yes, Geoff, you're going to debut the trailer of a completely new game from a 1 month old video game studio led by a producer nobody has ever heard of on the VGAs. Stop it.

Also take note there was no publisher mentioned in the trailer, because putting Konami's name in there would have totally spoiled it.

It is completely new. We have never seen Metal Gear Solid 5 before.

Batshit Theory # 584

"from zero two phantoms where born" actually means 2 time lines and Ground Zeros will have 2 endings.

Ending 1 that is the current MGS canon ending, BB sets up outer heaven, is cloned etc.

Ending 2 is something completely different that completely shifts the timeline and sets up MGS5 and a completely new story arch.

Patryn

The trailer was running in 720p, though, wasn't it?

I think Konami would have... words with Kojima if a game with these production values was for Vita. I mean, they poo-pooed "MGS5" as a title because it was for PSP, and that was a kind of viable platform.

"But you see it's not Metal Gear Solid 5! It's Metal Gear Solid V! Vee! Totally different things."

Two Phantoms were born. One for consoles and another for a handheld.
it makes sense. Why develop 2 full fledged games at the same time? Makes more sense to ahve MGS Vita to be made by a separate team the kojima can handle while making Ground Zeroes.

Croc

Banned
It'd make way more sense if this was Vita cause it'd make the interest in it much higher than just a regular reveal.

Batshit Theory # 584

"from zero two phantoms where born" actually means 2 time lines and Ground Zeros will have 2 endings.

Ending 1 that is the current MGS canon ending, BB sets up outer heaven, is cloned etc.

Ending 2 is something completely different that completely shifts the timeline and sets up MGS5 and a completely new story arch.

Ground Zeroes takes place after BB is cloned and Outer Heaven is more or less in its infancy.

Though there is the whole Ghost Babel timeline.

zychi

Banned
Yoshida's tweet...EatChildren's post....MGS V(ita)....

....I'm starting to believe.

i love my vita. but metal gear solid 5(technically 6, PW=5)

BETTER FUCKING BE ON A NEXT GEN CONSOLE. I DONT WANT TO PLAY THIS ON A 6 INCH SCREEN I WANT TO PLAY IT ON A FUCKING MOVIE THEATER.

Mooreberg

Look at that E3 2003 MGS3 trailer. Kojima shows stuff off in real time 3D well before it is in a finished state. MGS4 was first shown in 2005. And if Ground Zeroes (which was sporting PC level of image quality) is a "split gen" PC/PS3/360/??? game then wouldn't the follow up just be next gen?

I just find it hard to believe with what the install base is that Vita would get a game like this exclusively.

i love my vita. but metal gear solid 5(technically 6, PW=5)

BETTER FUCKING BE ON A NEXT GEN CONSOLE. I DONT WANT TO PLAY THIS ON A 6 INCH SCREEN I WANT TO PLAY IT ON A FUCKING MOVIE THEATER.
if it is for handheld it'll be a spinoff and the V is just to troll everyone. If it is 5, I bet it's on console.

jett

D-Member
MGSV and Ground Zeroes are two different games then?

WAT

No. People are being stupidly obtuse.

Anyway.

After the amazingly directed and edited first trailer, I'm disappointed at how utterly boring and just plain shitcakes this one was. It's just baffling really.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
We've come from people thinking this is a next gen game, to now speculating it's a game running on Vita, lol

What does that woman say at the very end? Something like "The end has come" ... but I don't know if it's english.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom