• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima wanted to call MGS2's Plant chapter MGS3, which I guess would make the Tanker chapter MGS2 proper.

Oh this makes alot of sense then actually

if Ground Zeroes, is just one part of MGS5. It essentially is the "prelude" he claimed it was while also being the same game which is the only way this makes sense

What first trailer?

he's referring to the Ground Zeroes trailer

Oooh, on Vita they can use augmented reality to show you stuff that isn't really there, LIKE FLAMING WHALES IN THE SKY!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No. People are being stupidly obtuse.

Anyway.

After the amazingly directed and edited first trailer, I'm disappointed at how utterly boring and just plain shitcakes this one was. It's just baffling really.
But Keighley said nothing of this game has been shown before? (I'm just going off of OP)

Actually you know what that tweet is ambiguous and derpish as fuck so they're probably the same.

MYE

But I thought the PSP game was MGS V

lol

I really need to finish 4, but god how I hate the little girl.

randomkid

Someone pointed out that this trailer reveal got people to obsessively search for Moby Dick. Never played a Metal Gear game but that's sorta clever heh.

Ground Zeroes takes place after BB is cloned and Outer Heaven is more or less in its infancy.

Though there is the whole Ghost Babel timeline.

Well even if that stuff happened in GZ they could still split the timeline.

Would be better then just doing another "missng chapter in the Big Boss saga" that they have been doing since MGS3 that is a random story that has nothing to do with anything exept for the very end when someone says "outer heaven"

Izick

I think it's too hard to say at this point if this is Ground Zeroes or another game, especially since MGS 5 has already been announced and talked about by Kojima in the past. It's all really up in the air I think at this point.

CorySchmitz

Lol

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-07%20at%2011.03.29%20PM.png

Anyway.

After the amazingly directed and edited first trailer, I'm disappointed at how utterly boring and just plain shitcakes this one was. It's just baffling really.

All things considered, that was exactly the point no?

Oh, interesting...so like the Tanker was supposed to be more fleshed out, or what?

IIRC, they were literally going to call the game "MGS III" and then people would be all, "What the fuck, what happened to 2!?" and they would play through the Plant sequence with Raiden, then after finishing the main game, you'd unlock "MGS II" with Snake on the Tanker explaining all that went down there.

CSX

So the whale, the name change, lost of an arm.

Sounds like Kojima's version of a crazy MGS dream sequence no?

What if it's liquid, and he survived MGS? in mgs4 they said they had liquids body but maybe this is the story of how they got it. And the BigBoss and eye thing are really just red herrings.

Anyway.

If you believe this is really Metal Gear Solid 5, then it is not Ground Zeroes, unless something has changed since PAX where Kojima himself said Ground Zeroes was not MGS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom