• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
LOL at people not getting the Vita sarcasm.

I wonder how long it'll be before we get an official confirmstion of this.

Lime

mgsgz-pax-2012-trailer.jpg

Big Boss gets a hook hand and becomes a hospitalized pirate. Operation Pirate Crackdown in Ground Zeroes = Make Big Boss into a pirate!

I don't really have the patience for this.

I'm just going by what he has said. Like I said before, shit does change all the time in Kojima land. But, you can't deny that he said before they weren't the same game. 'Cause he did. Publicly. My mind won't be blown if that has changed. But, we have Kojima saying MGS V and Ground Zeroes weren't the same game and Geoff Keighley saying nobody has seen this game before.

When have either of these men mislead us!?

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Oh, interesting...so like the Tanker was supposed to be more fleshed out, or what?

Perhaps. My understanding though is that it was always supposed to be a prologue once the whole Raiden bait-and-switch was set in stone. I don't want to misspeak, but I've seen more cut stuff from the Plant chapter than the Tanker chapter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The missing arm still makes zero sense to me

Like I have no idea how he could possibly be Big Boss with a pirate hook for a hand

but Metal Gear so it probably is
Hallucination.

Lime

Yeah they are plastering that MGS 25th all over the damn place. Its probably pretty obvious to everyone at the show they saw MGS, didnt quite come across to home viewers.

Maybe it's deliberate and they want you to think that Konami is behind the Moby Dick thing! When it's actually something entirely else. Like a new Peter Molyneux game!

DrBo42

The missing arm still makes zero sense to me

Like I have no idea how he could possibly be Big Boss with a pirate hook for a hand

but it's Metal Gear so it probably is

We don't know if anything in that hospital sequence is even reality.

jett

D-Member
I'm just going by what he has said. Like I said before, shit does change all the time in Kojima land. But, you can't deny that he said before they weren't the same game. 'Cause he did. Publicly. My mind won't be blown if that has changed. But, we have Kojima saying MGS V and Ground Zeroes weren't the same game and Geoff Keighley saying nobody has seen this game before.

When have either of these men mislead us!?

For me it's clear as day there is only one Metal Gear game in development, whatever has been said before :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom