• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the overall assumption is that Ground Zeroes is a game, and MGS 5 another?

There is no consensus. We won't know for sure until we are told. There are two bits of info to help form your opinion, and they contradict each other. One, Kojima said back at PAX that MGS5 and Ground Zeroes weren't the same game. Two, this looks like Ground Zeroes. So who the fuck knows. Find out at e3.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Did anyone try the contact mail on the website? Maybe it'll give you some automatic reply or something

Anth0ny

Metal Gear Solid V and Dark Souls II in the same night.

My god.

I don't even.

dligd8hqfl.gif

Fuck E3, long live the VGAs.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Didn't he have it during the whole trailer?

I only watched it once and didn't pay close attention
Yes, what if the whole trailer was just a hallucination?

Snake got captured by the baddies and they torture him with Mantis mindfucks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Yeah, that was awesome, all of that was awesome.

And I love detective GAF, really do.

Its great.

It could go either way at this point: MGS GZ being the prologue/tanker of MGS5 -- or them being two entirely different games.

It's weird that they'd announce MGS5 when GZ still has only had one trailer -- and no release date in sight.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@illinick31 9:15 PM
@Wario64 maybe reachin but if u turn whale logo on its side sorta looks like patch on snake’s left shoulder in GZ pic

PsA6a.jpg
[/IMG]

jett

D-Member
I could swear now she says "V HAS COME TO" before they cut her off.
*edit* I see now that someone few pages back heard the same thing.

Come on, this was more than different enough.

Pfft, everyone immediately thought it was Metal Gear. The visual style looked exactly like the Ground Zeroes trailer.

You know what really doesn't make any sense?

Is that if he has no arm, why would they install a Hook to his hand already? It takes physical therapy and practice to learn to use a hook.
You don't wake some up from a long coma with hook hand installed, unless they want to ease him into his lack of arm.
His real hand might be under there, or it's not big boss... or big boss in MGS4 had a robot tech hand and we never noticed.

Have any Japanese blogs written about this reveal yet?

BadAss2961

There is no consensus. We won't know for sure until we are told. There are two bits of info to help form your opinion, and they contradict each other. One, Kojima said back at PAX that MGS5 and Ground Zeroes weren't the same game. Two, this looks like Ground Zeroes. So who the fuck knows. Find out at e3.
I don't know wtf to think anymore. None of this makes much sense.

Day 1 though.

LiK

You know what really doesn't make any sense?

Is that if he has no arm, why would they install a Hook to his hand already? It takes physical therapy and practice to learn to use a hook.

His real hand might be under there, or it's not big boss... or big boss in MGS4 had a robot tech hand and we never noticed.

maybe it's not even Big Boss. DUN DUN DUN

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Pfft, everyone immediately thought it was Metal Gear. The visual style looked exactly like the Ground Zeroes trailer.

Yeah everyone picked up on it looking like Fox Engine from that trailer almost immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom