• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.
@illinick31 9:15 PM
@Wario64 maybe reachin but if u turn whale logo on its side sorta looks like patch on snake’s left shoulder in GZ pic

PsA6a.jpg
[/IMG]

oh fuck

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Pfft, everyone immediately thought it was Metal Gear. The visual style looked exactly like the Ground Zeroes trailer.
I meant different in the sense that it wasn't a typical hollywood/game trailer, and it was conceptually strange even by MGS standards.

ZeroAKA

Why would the Moby Dick Studio website show the platforms being PS3 and Xbox 360 if this is a Vita game? I refuse to believe it.

Edit: Beaten. >.<

sn00zer

Has no one looked into those weird sounds at the beginning of the trailer? Sound like something scrambled instead of a random sound effect
EDIT: Alright there is something definitely up with those sound effects

Lime

You know what really doesn't make any sense?

Is that if he has no arm, why would they install a Hook to his hand already? It takes physical therapy and practice to learn to use a hook.
You don't wake some up from a long coma with hook hand installed, unless they want to ease him into his lack of arm.

Operation. Pirate. Crackdown.

I have a love/hate relationship with MGS, but that shit's fun to see unravel.

Also, does anyone know when that site was registered. That twitter post saying people were wearing Moby Dick and Phantom Pain t-shirt at the Konami party pretty much confirmed it but it's just cool to get all base covered.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
if this is indeed MGS5 then this is really one freaking huge graphic downgrade from that demo we have seen not long ago.

I wonder how Kojima will announce it's MGS5. I'm so excited!

Do we have any estimate of a release date for ground zeroes? The dude that announced the trailer at the vgas said

"This game is supposed to be the future of gaming" and "We all have to wait to play it"

Doesn't really mean anything.

Foffy

Banned
Also for those saying MGS5 = Next Gen I guess

and it not being Ground Zeroes because that's dumb as hell if it isn't

Ground Zeroes is the prelude to MGS5, which Kojima confirmed. This either means Ground Zeroes is a separate game, or it's a prologue to the main events of MGS5, like the opening act to the game.

Izick

Perhaps. My understanding though is that it was always supposed to be a prologue once the whole Raiden bait-and-switch was set in stone. I don't want to misspeak, but I've seen more cut stuff from the Plant chapter than the Tanker chapter.

I remember seeing a lot of stuff with Snake. He had his old suit with the bulletproof jacket and the FAMAS in a few scenes for example.

Raonak

Banned
Psycho mantis sorta screws up the whole thing. This can't be just limited to big boss anymore. It's gotta be something bigger than a Peace Walker sequel.

I predict this and GZ are the same game. called MGSV just to troll people because he said GZ and MGS5 arent the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom