• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pinball Arcade |OT| play them all from Soho to Brighton

AMUSIX

kvshGbW.png

The Pinball Arcade, by Farsight Studios, is essentially a digital delivery system for pinball mach 1176 ines. Launching initially with four tables, the game will focus on recreations of real-world tables from the libraries of Williams, Bally, Gottlieb, and Stern. Check out the banners at the bottom of the post to see a summary of all the released tables.

Platforms & Release Dates:
- The game has been announced for iOS, Android, Kindle, XBLA, PSN, Wii U, 3DS, PC, Mac, and OUYA.
- If the game or a table is not out yet on your platform of choice, rest assured, it's coming soon!

Friends List:
Coming soon (maybe)!

Latest updates and table news:
- Find the most up to date info here (and) on the unofficial forums.
- Upcoming Table Pack #25 hint / guesses for April: High Speed (Williams, 1986)

Small summary of the more notable recent updates:
- PS4 version release info: Digital version will be available for download on PSN Dec. 17th in north America and 18th for SCEE regions
- PS4 version will include the Season Pack 1 tables (and Core Tables), Season Pack 2 tables will follow sometime Q1-Q2 2014, and then followed by Season Pack 3 tables.
- Steam version released! Steam pricing
- 360 in limbo again.
- Table Pack #19 released for iOS/Android/Kindle/Mac/OUYA.
- Terminator 2 kickstarter launched & funded (thread here)
- Wii U is now on the soon list, final submission with Nintendo late July, release September
- PS4 version of ST:TNG will be demoed at Sony's E3 booth, 'next gen real-time lighting and reflections'; will have cross discount feature for upgrading from older version.
- PS3/Vita: Table pack 16 released (Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts)
- Flight 2000 (1980, Stern) won the first Official Classic Stern Poll; releasing late 2013.
- OUYA released!
- PS3 will soon have a 3D mode included in a future update
- Challenge mode is also on the soon list
- The UI should get an overhaul soon, new talent hired to improve it
- PS4 version will feature per pixel ray casting, area lights/shadows, point lights, SSAO and updated physics and gameplay.
- Black Knight will be the first of the five released scripted solid state tables to be updated to full ROM emulation within the next couple of months
- User adjusted camera settings, which includes the ability to set the zoom and angle of each table, coming late 2013.

Released Tables (the table banners below are interactive, see the key!):
nlD6rd4.png

2NN5nDF.png

Core Tables (~$10)
vXL5mUS.jpg

03CzRWS.jpg

wptN6kx.jpg

7yU5x61.jpg

Season One Table Packs (Table Packs 01-10 & Core Tables above, $30)
XfEbVrk.jpg

ClZPzGT.jpg

P1mcnMy.jpg

Luzz5Tx.jpg

SFcvkGJ.jpg

8Y4GA0r.jpg

1JrXseB.jpg

r7YBxjR.jpg

CAKI0PX.jpg

kCPFiGG.jpg

9ixBUKH.jpg

KG5dtnH.jpg

EyaeFaK.jpg

pWca49w.jpg

gak2Ygl.jpg

pOKMm6s.jpg

mfRt5S1.jpg

Rre5zOf.jpg

Season Two Table Packs (Table Packs 11-20, $30)
439EAxn.jpg

KOYYri6.jpg

VfIGyCx.jpg

EXZyBdG.jpg

fAijjJU.png
gPM2waX.jpg

kUpvpY4.jpg

oDsEDmX.jpg

r3rIG9G.jpg

7Sgcjcq.jpg

nEkOP4J.jpg

6QXNmgg.jpg

IhoM9jf.jpg

XydeOg8.jpg

F7HCiDM.jpg

4EhyGyi.jpg

N5pnbsz.jpg

t2uqtTE.jpg

ESGa4X3.jpg

UcJSyC6.png
J8jV0Rb.jpg

Season Three Table Packs (Table Packs 21-30, $30)
0S4Po5o.jpg

7MXfGxu.jpg

H1PWe4A.jpg

hyaZNzU.jpg

3m4DgCm.jpg

pU4oC45.jpg

Luidshp.jpg

Searchable Alphabetical Index (Table Name…Set)
Code:
Attack from Mars.................Table Pack 10
Big Shot.........................Table Pack 07
Black Hole.......................Core Table Pack
Black Knight.....................Table Pack 04
Black Knight 2000................Table Pack 23
Black Rose.......................Table Pack 22
Cactus Canyon....................Table Pack 12
Centaur..........................Table Pack 14
Central Park.....................Table Pack 12
Cirqus Voltaire..................Table Pack 02
Class of 1812....................Table Pack 19
Creature from the Black Lagoon...Table Pack 04
Cue Ball Wizard..................Table Pack 20
Dr. Dude.........................Table Pack 11
El Dorado City of Gold...........Table Pack 20
Elvira and the Party Monsters....Table Pack 06
Firepower........................Table Pack 11
Fish Tales.......................Table Pack 21
Flight 2000......................Table Pack 16
Funhouse.........................Table Pack 02
Genie............................Table Pack 10
Goin' Nuts.......................Table Pack 16
Gorgar...........................Table Pack 03
Harley-Davidson® (3rd Edition)...Table Pack 05
Haunted House....................Table Pack 18
High Speed.......................Table Pack 25
Junk Yard........................Table Pack 26
Lights...Camera...Action!........Table Pack 27
Medieval Madness.................Table Pack 01
Monster Bash.....................Table Pack 03
No Good Gofers...................Table Pack 06
PIN•BOT..........................Table Pack 14
Ripley's Believe It or Not!®.....Core Table Pack
Scared Stiff.....................Table Pack 07
Space Shuttle....................Table Pack 13
Star Trek: The Next Generation...Table Pack 09
Tales of the Arabian Nights......Core Table Pack
Taxi.............................Table Pack 05
Tee'd Off........................Table Pack 18
Terminator 2: Judgment Day.......Table Pack 17
The Champion Pub.................Table Pack 15
The Machine: Bride of Pin•bot....Table Pack 01
Theatre of Magic.................Core Table Pack
Twilight Zone....................Table Pack 08
Victory..........................Table Pack 19
Whirlwind........................Table Pack 15
White Water......................Table Pack 13
WHO dunnit.......................Table Pack 24

danmaku

Sounds great! I like the idea of playing real-world tables, it's like a pinball museum. But wait a minute...

The Pinball Arcade will feature cross-platform online leaderboards through a Facebook login.

Does this mean that I need a Facebook account to access leaderboards?

AMUSIX

Does this mean that I need a Facebook account to access leaderboards?

single-platform leaderboards won't need it. The Facebook thing is only if you want to access the cross-platform leaderboards and the tournaments. It's really not a big deal, as you can just make a throw-away Facebook account for Mr. Pin McBalls or something.

AMUSIX

Looks like it's just been released on the New Zealand iTunes store....

also, added these to the OP:

Other tables confirmed to be coming:
•Creature from the Black Lagoon
•Space Shuttle
•Big Shot
•Funhouse
•Pinbot

Kuran

Banned
Is there any chance they could get licensed cabinets like Elvira, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Simpsons, T2, ...?

It looks amazing on iPad 2, although the framerate isn't too great. Might buy on Vita.

AMUSIX

Is there any chance they could get licensed cabinets like Elvira, Twilight Zone, Indiana Jones, Simpsons, T2, ...?

It looks amazing on iPad 2, although the framerate isn't too great. Might buy on Vita.
Of those, Elvira would be the easiest to get (and I hope they do, both of her tables are great). They already have a few big licensed tables (Ripley's, Monster Bash, Creature) but some of the ones you mentioned will be very difficult to get. They can't just get rights to the table, they also have to get rights to the show/movie, every actor's face used on the table, every actor's voice, and every bit of music.

They have confirmed that they're chasing down Addams Family, though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm in for the 3DS version, assuming that it doesn't skimp on content

The Williams Collection is one of the best $12 impulse buys I've ever made.

EDIT: No Jive Time!? Nooooooo! Its utter simplicity made it appealing to me.

Shiv47

Mobile versions just seem too small to really enjoy, but maybe I'll give the iPad version a try. Day 1 for PS3 though. Hoping for some good EM tables, though not sad to see Jive Time go.

The Technomancer

Mobile versions just seem too small to really enjoy, but maybe I'll give the iPad version a try. Day 1 for PS3 though. Hoping for some good EM tables, though not sad to see Jive Time go.

I'm going with 3DS just because the 3D in Zen Pinball is absolutely jaw-dropping. Its one of perhaps two games where I think it goes from graphical gimmick to something that actually affects gameplay. (Different studio, I know, but I'm hoping that these guys will do a similar job)

Jeff-DSA

As a pinball machine collector, these digital pinball releases are like candy for me. I buy 'em all up, but I haven't been as excited for a release since The Williams Collection hit Xbox 360. With all the future DLC plans, I'm really interested in how this fares.

I'm such a sucker. I'll be getting this for Android, 3DS, and 360.

AMUSIX

This comes out tomorrow on iOS? Any word on pricing yet?

Pricing is in the OP, but I'll give it its own section to make it more clear.

The app itself is free, the tables all cost. Tables are normally between $1.99 and $2.99, but each month there will be a 'Table of the Month" which will go for 99¢.

All tables also have a free demo version, which can be used for tournaments (when they start them).

Minsc

Gold Member
Looking forward to picking this up for phone/tablet tomorrow and PC next month when it's released. There's a little info I just found about the PC version, they said they eventually hope to support running on virtual pinball machines with 3 displays and shaker motors, pretty neat if a bit eccentric.

Are you commenting on a video or have you tried it yourself? I would have imagined the framerate would be near perfect, the video is a bit old, and the framerate already looks pretty solid on an iPad 1.

Tobor

Pricing is in the OP, but I'll give it its own section to make it more clear.

The app itself is free, the tables all cost. Tables are normally between $1.99 and $2.99, but each month there will be a 'Table of the Month" which will go for 99¢.

All tables also have a free demo version, which can be used for tournaments (when they start them).

My bad, I missed it. So roughly $8-10 bucks for the starting 4 tables. I'm in for all of them!

J0dy77

Theater of Magic and Attack from Mars are two of the greatest pinball games of all time. Day one purchase for me.

jvm

Gamasutra.
If this is on the Amazon Android App Store (Kindle Fire) and also on PSN, I'm double dipping.

If it doesn't arrive for the Fire, I've got a loooooooooong wait for the PS3 version. :(

Beergut

My most anticipated game of the year.
Farsight''s previous collection Williams Pinball Hall of Fame is absolutely sublime.
I cannot wait for this!
(and I may be one of the few who is saddened that "Jive Time" missed the cut. I quite liked it)

jvm

Gamasutra.
(and I may be one of the few who is saddened that "Jive Time" missed the cut. I quite liked it)
I'm not saddened, but I am in favor of more not fewer. The game was quite difficult, in my opinion, and therefore difficult to love.

larvi

Will be curious to see how the PC engine for this turns out. Something tells me I'm going to be in the market for a 16:10 monitor that can be rotated 90deg. Do they still make those?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DAY ONE.

Monster Bash, Theater of Magic, Cirqus Voltaire, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Attack from Mars were games I thought I'd never get a chance to play again.

REALLY hoping they work out deals for licensed games. I absolutely adore the World Cup Soccer '94 game.

1-D_FTW

Hoping it works on ICS Touchpad. To me a tablet seems optimal. Just feels like I should be grasping the sides of things if playing pinball. And the bigger the better.

Minsc

Gold Member
I will stick to the real deal... when possible..

IMAG0238.jpg

Just wish I could own em all!!!

True nothing can compare to the real tables, but it's good to be able to play such great simulations of them spur of the moment, those real tables don't fit very well on planes or in bathrooms. I can understand the thinking of the real deal or nothing if that's what you're implying, though I'm more than willing to give up a little authenticity for what this offers :)

Will be curious to see how the PC engine for this turns out. Something tells me I'm going to be in the market for a 16:10 monitor that can be rotated 90deg. Do they still make those?

Quite a few still, newegg lists ~70.

A main 120hz + 3D vision compatible monitor with a secondary pivoting display for shmups, pinball, and whatever other uses they have would be a nice combo.

Askani

Wow, this will be super amazing.

My money...take it now...they should do that...and just shut up about it.

Tobor

I'm still holding out hope somebody makes something like this:

photo-13.jpg

It would also be seriously neat to build an even bigger monitor into a custom design. Hopefully this game leads to stuff like that.

larvi

Quite a few still, newegg lists ~70.

A main 120hz + 3D vision compatible monitor with a secondary pivoting display for shmups, pinball, and whatever other uses they have would be a nice combo.

Thanks, I further filtered that list on recommeded resolution of 1920x1200 to pick up most of the 16:10 monitors and there were still quite a few. Might have to do some research on these.

So excited for this. I always had trouble getting into Pinball FX2 because of it's ridiculous ping-pong ball physics. The physics on the Williams Collection was miles better. The Williams Collection had much better camera angles too.

quartet4

Neo Member
Coming out tomorrow on iOS?! I wasn't planning on double dipping but I don't think I can wait until the end of March for the 360 version.

Holy shit, Medieval Madness?! I played the hell out of that table in university. I can't wait to have it on my iPad.

This game went from a must buy to, uh, what's more anticipated than must buy?

Beergut

Medieval Madness is already in the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Williams Pinball Hall of Fame, and it's wonderful

Black Hole? Day fucking 1.

I would gladly pay $20 just for the Addams Family table. Soooo many college classes skipped just to play that.

The Technomancer

Nope, I can't play emulated Pinball anymore. I play too much actuall pinball now and it it always sucks.

Have you checked out the Williams Collection? Some of the best ball physics I've seen. I enjoy Zen Pinball despite its physics, I enjoy WC because of them

3DS version for me.
if they manage to recreate Zen Pinball's 3D effect it will be just fabulous.
the 3D makes a lot of sense in this case; I kid you not

Askani

Went digging online and Holy Hell...their website is atrocious.

Anyway, they just say PC/Mac. Possibility for Steam?

Top Bottom