• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Playstation 2 mansion opened this weekend (???)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/06/news_6101973.html

Sony invades the Hamptons
P. Diddy, Jay-Z, and Paris Hilton celebrate the holiday weekend at the 25,000 square-foot PlayStation 2 mansion.

GameSpot's resident rumor expert sorted the truth from the trash and made a good call last week. Sony actually opened its PlayStation 2 Estate in Bridgehampton, N.Y. this past holiday weekend, and held parties for some big stars. The weekend marks the kick-off to the summer season of events at the estate.

The 25,000 square-foot mansion and six acres of property was host to P. Diddy, Jay-Z, and Paris Hilton over the weekend. Friday saw the launch party for Hilton's new record label Heiress Records, while Jay-Z premiered the new S. Carter tennis shoe on Saturday. P. Diddy held his 6th annual WHITE party on Sunday, where he announced "Citizen Change," an initiative aimed at getting young adults to register to vote. Notables on hand for the event included Mary J Blige, LL Cool J, Aretha Franklin, Reverend Al Sharpton, and boxer Lennox Lewis. Paris Hilton enjoyed her event so much that she returned on Sunday with boyfriend Nick Carter.

What this all has to do with the PS2 and videogames is unclear, though Sony seems to be attempting to associate the image of its console with the pop culture that surrounds Top 40 music, raunchy sex tapes, and new shoes. According to the press release, games were played at the various events, though how much gaming actually went on while Hilton and Carter "relaxed on daybeds playing Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal and cuddling" was not specified.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Belfast said:
I don't think I really see the purpose in all of this......

= place for SCEA marketing execs to take spoiled Best Buy, Target etc. execs to hang out, have drinks and do occasional celeb sightings.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I was out there this past weekend. In the Hamptons anyway. Drove all through Sag Harbor and Bridgehampton.

I knew of a 'White Party', but had no idea where?

Oh well...

Top Bottom