• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation 4 Generation is Ending - What Are Your Top 5 First-Party Games This Gen?

imbrock

Banned
Ghost of Tsushima - Which I am not finished yet but I am nearly halfway through and I just love every moment of it. God that combat is satisfyingly challenging.
Dreams
Spiderman

Still working on Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Horizon, and Bloodborne but I'm enjoying them all. I'm just slow and have too many games on too many devices.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
God of War
Bloodborne
Ghost of Tsushima
Spider-Man
Days Gone

Every single one of these games would be better too at 60fps. It's the ONLY thing that's bugged me about most of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
1. Ghost of Tsushima
2. God of War
3. Days Gone
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Venuspower

1. The Last of Us Part II
2. God of War
3. Days Gone
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5. Marvel's Spider-Man

Bonus Award:
- Ratchet & Clank

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

1.- Bloodborne
2.- God of War
3.- Ghost of Tsushima
4.- The Last of Us 2
5.- Marvel Spiderman

Bloodborne being game of the generation material easily, and the other 4 unmissable

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
1. God of War - The perfect game. Fantastic combat, gorgeous visuals, and some of the best level design this gen. The story was full of surprising twist and turns and they nailed the ending which is very rare in video games.
2. The Last of Us 2 - Arguably the most ambitious game of this gen, even more so than RDR2 which is my GoTG. Neil pulled off an MGS2 and did it right. I dont think i have ever been that conflicted as I was in the last 3 sections of the game including two boss fights at the end. Oh and the visuals and the combat are the best of the generation.
3. The Last Guardian - The most feels game of the generation. I was wreck after that 2 hour finale. The setpieces are still the best of the generation and the game is a technical masterpiece. The way Trico moves in the levels especially in confined spaces is nothing short of spectacular.
4. Ghost Of Tsushima - Never thought I would enjoy this as much as i did. I almost skipped the game in fact. But the combat and the world design won me over immediately and then Sucker Punch nailed the story after around the half way mark. What an amazing story and video game.
5. Bloodborne - 3 years ago, this wouldve been my GoTG but the lack of a story just makes it feel like half of a video game to me.

Bonus:

6. Death Stranding (technically not first party but neither is bloodborne so who cares)
7. Days Gone
8. Horizon
9. Detroit
10. GT7

Last edited:
  1. Bloodborne
  2. God of War
  3. Detroit: Become Human
  4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  5. Spider-Man
Honorable mentions: Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, Shadow of the Colossus

I'm waiting to play Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part II on PS5.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Spider man
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy
God of war
Until Dawn

Hyphen

- Driveclub
- Bloodborne
- Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End
- Death Stranding (If allowed)
- The Last of Us Part II

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Wasn't really interested in a lot of the first party titles. But here's my list of PS4 titles.

Still curious about Days Gone and Horizon. Will check at some point.

God of War
Ghost of Tsushima
Death Stranding
Fist of the Northstar: Lost Paradise
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk

Op asks for first party, Op himself and lots of others list Bloodborne and Persona 5. Heck even Spider-Man wasn’t first party when it came out 😛

Strictly first party I’d say

Ghost of Tsushima
God of War
Gravity Rush 2
Shadow of Collossus Remake
Gran Turismo Sport

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The Last of Us Part II
Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
God of War
Gravity Rush 2

Last edited:

Boss Mog

First-party doesn't mean third-party exclusives, some of you need to work on your reading comprehension.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
If is the Sony first party:
Persona 5
God of War
Tearaway
Spiderman
Bloodborne

With Persona 5 being the best by far, all the others have no particular order

Rolla

Banned
In no particular order

Horizon Zero Dawn
The Last Of Us 2
Gravity Rush 2
God Of War
Until Dawn

It will be annoying to some but Sony really pushed the female lead this generation and I've always wondered if it was intentional or things just aligned that way.

Updated my list just this week, and am somewhat surprised:

Bloodborne. Shadow of the Colossus. Horizon. God Of War. Resogun.

Next closest games were Helldivers, Tearaway, and TLOU2.

JimiNutz

Banned
1. Spider-Man
2. Ghost of Tsushima
3. The Last of Us Part 2
4. Ratchet and Clank
5. Wipeout Omega Collection

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Spider-Man
God of War
TLoU2
Bloodborne

To add a fifth, Uncharted 4 I suppose. Or Horizon. Both great, but not quite on the level of those four.

Haven't played GoT, forgive me. Waiting for confirmation of PS5 patch.

Last edited:

BaneIsPain

God of War
Ghost of Tsushima
Bloodborne
TLOU2
Horizon Zero Dawn

Persona, Gravity Rush, Uncharted 4, Days Gone are so close for me.

Top Bottom