• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation 4 Generation is Ending - What Are Your Top 5 First-Party Games This Gen?

I'm interested in this thread, recently got a PS4 so the wife could play TLoU2. I couldn't get into the first one and didn't finish it so haven't played the 2nd. She loved it though. I'm enjoying Spider-Man at the minute but will give GoW a go after if it's as good as everyone on here is saying.

DonJimbo

God of war uncharted 4 gravity rush horizon order 1886 ratchet and clank The last of us remastered the last of us 2 even with its controversial storyline Spiderman

Last edited:

Paltheos

None! I played 0 1st party exclusives this gen. I did play a few 3rd party exclusives though.

1) Bloodborne
2) Persona 5 Royal
3) Star Ocean 5 (lol)

Looks about right. Browsing down through everyone's lists, nearly everyone who listed Bloodborne and Persona 5 lists P5 on top. I'm a big Atlus and Persona fan myself but I just can't agree~ (P5's worse than P4, which... I do put above Bloodborne too).

kyliethicc

1. The Last of Us Part 2
2. God of War
3. Uncharted 4
4. Ghost of Tsushima
5. Death Stranding
6. Uncharted The Lost Legacy
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. Gran Turismo Sport
9. Spider-Man
10. Knack 2

Last edited:

mekes

1. Driveclub. Faults and all, an amazing racer with great social elements that really brought out the competitive nature in me. Takes top spot for hours spent.

2. Bloodborne. Nothing to say that others wont have already said in this thread.

3. Resogun. I still play! Played on launch day, most recently played last week.

4. God of War. Hooked from start to finish. Only a handful of games bring out the desire to go for the platinum FOR the enjoyment of playing more.

5. Until Dawn. This is the best Quantic Dream game. I'm just playing. Loved the game, good twists, engaging, a lot of fun over multiple play throughs.

Last edited:

ironmang

Terrible with knowing the difference between first party and exclusive but here's mine:

1. The Last Guardian
2. Death Stranding
3. Uncharted 4
4. Horizon Zero Dawn
5. Bloodborne

Really terrific generation. Not a rock solid top 5 since on any given day I could swap in Spiderman, Resogun, GoW, or a few other games I'm sure.

Moogle11

Banned
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ghost of Tsushima
TLOU2
Uncharted 4

Ton of other great ones too. Probably my favored library of exclusives and I got bjg into gaming with the NES.

SinDelta

1- 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim
2 - Ghost of Tsushima
3 - Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
4 - Horizon Zero Dawn
5 - Dragon's Crown Pro

Man it is really hard to do a top 5 because there were so many good ones. Here goes:
1. God of War
2. The Last of Us Part 2
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Bloodborne
5. The Last Guardian

Spider-Man, Astro Bot, Uncharted 4 and some others are right there too. Haven''t played Ghost of Tsushima yet

Vindicator

Bloodborne
Driveclub
Gravity Rush 2
The Tomorrow Children
Farpoint (with Aim Controller)

haven't played GoW but it's already installed on PS5

Kerotan

God of war
Spiderman
Horizon
TLOU2
Death stranding

I'm still playing death stranding so can't comment.

Honourable mentions to uncharted 4, lost legacy, Killzone, infamous, Ratchet and Clank and GT sport. God Sony smashed it this gen.

RyRy93

1. Bloodborne (Almost perfect)
  2. Death Stranding (Originality)
  3. TLOUII (Best linear TPS since MGS4 but preferred part one's story)
  4. Ghost of Tsushima (The definitive Assassin's Creed)
  5. GoW (Best of the rest)
If we can't count Bloodborne and Death Stranding, then Days Gone would be followed by Spider-Man in 4th and 5th.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Why limit it to first party games? There are loads of amazing third party titles and multiplats.

1. The Witcher 3
2. Forza Horizon 4
3. Rayman Legends
4. Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
5. Inside

Detroit is certainly up there too.

But OK then, first party:

1. Forza Horizon 4
2. Tearaway Unfolded
3. Uncharted 4

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Is bloodborne first party? I thought it was second party? Maybe not...

1. Mario odyssey
2. Zelda botw
3. Bloodborne
4. Mario Kart 8
5. Luigis mansion 3

Last edited:

DelireMan7

1. Bloodborne
2. Bloodborne
3. Bloodborne
4. The Last Guardian
5. Horizon Zero Dawn

(Haven't play any other first party games yet but from what I've seen from them, Bloodborne and The Last Guardian will stay in my top for sure)

GonSama

First Party Exclusives:
-God of War
-Uncharted 4
-TLOU2
-Ghost of Tsushima
-Horizon Zero Dawn

Including Third Party Exclusives:
-Bloodborne (they have the IP)
-God of War
-Uncharted 4
-Ghost of Tsushima
-Persona 5 (they don't have the IP)

Amazing generation.
There are so many HW: Ratchet, Spider-man, Shadow of the Colossus, Driveclub, Gravity Rush 2, Judgment, Infamous, Until Dawn, Dreams

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

The PS4 was my only system from 2013 until last year, so Bloodborne, Driveclub, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Wipeout VR.

I wanted to include GT Sport, but I replayed Driveclub recently and its simply the best racer imho.

1. Bloodborne
2. The Last of Us Part II
3. Astro Bot Rescue Mission
4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
5. God of War

Terrific generation for Sony.

Esppiral

Lol at the lists so far so boring and predictable

Mine is:

Concrete Genie
Astro boy
Dreams
Shenmue III
Uncharted the lost legacy.

nordique

Tried to make it a poll with five choices, but it didn't go through. Anyways the generation ends in one month. What are your top 5 this gen?

1. God of War
2. Ghost of Tsushima
3. Spider-Man
5. Horizon Zero Dawn

4) is uncharted 4 for me

other wise high 5 bro

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Uncharted 4 is still the best third person action adventure thriller game on the planet, how you manage 1-4 doesn’t matter I think Days Gone deserves a spot, people don’t appreciate Little Big Planet 3, GT Sport unstoppable and don’t tell me Death Stranding isn’t an exclusive.

MayauMiao

God of War
Bloodborne
Spider-Man

However all of Sony's first party titles will never top the time I spent with Fallout 4 for PS4.

Top Bottom