• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Plus Collection will no longer be available after May 9, 2023

Kuranghi

A replacement coming soon: "PS5 Lunch Collection - A selection of delicious snacks and eaterings for the hard-gaming boy or girl!"

This is funny timing as a work colleague just recently asked me if there was any point in getting Extra when he doesn't play very much, I said yes because of the other games you get outside the PS Collection but now I guess its even more imperative if he wants to play those games in the future. He could claim them now yes, but I know hes really busy and he'll probably forget.

Aenima

Yeah, or ultimate. Is this coming off all ps services?
Yeah, if its avaible on the base PS+ sub, is available to everyone else with a higher tier sub. (Extra or Premium)

Yet ppl keep coming here to compare the Basic PS+ offers with Gamepass, when the equivalent of this game collection sub, is the XBL Gold. 🤡

Last edited:

Raven117

Yeah, if its avaible on the base PS+ sub, is available to everyone else with a higher tier sub. (Extra or Premium)

Yet ppl keep coming here to compare the Basic PS+ offers with Gamepass, when the equivalent of this game collection sub, is the XBL Gold. 🤡
Makes sense.

saintjules

why are they doing that

With the all new PS+ model, I see little reason for the collection to keep going. And as someone else said earlier, the collection series was to work for early adopters.

With the rise of more units shipping out, they'll bait new people under the PS+ tier model now.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Can no longer find them on the iPhone PS app.....not sure why they're hiding them. I'll go check them out on PS5 later when i sign on.

Ronin_7

Banned
Good. Stop wasting money on that shit collection & start focusing on Premium.

Extra & Essential are already good.

oji-san

Banned
Thanks for the info, i think i bought/played every title i was interested in from the collection, will check again when i'm home.

Labadal

Got the mail. If you add them to your library, you will still be able to play them. At least that's how it reads in the Swedish info.

My manual translation:
You can add games from the Playstation Plus catalog to your library before the 9th of May, and play whenever you want in the future, as long as you have an active PlayStation Plus membership.

Du kan lägga till spel från PlayStation Plus-samlingen i ditt spelbibliotek före den 9 maj och spela när du vill i framtiden så länge du har ett aktivt PlayStation Plus-medlemskap.

Alebrije

woman-screaming-noooo-ikjg23exqo1zynuh.webp

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This is the PS5 launch collection.
I suppose it has been 2 years
And when you add them, you have them 🤷‍♀️

A lot of them are third party games, so those definitely would not be permanent, and most if not all the first party are already on Plus Extra.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They are announcing this just as supply sort of stops being constrained.

That's a pretty good business move; there's now a 3 month period where they are telling consumers "buy a PS5 now, before it's too late!" and there are actually systems to buy.

All added to my library anyways, no sweat off my nutsack.. and I don't have to pay much money at all either as I don't really do the PS+ Extra/Premium thing.

iHaunter

This sucks. But I can understand it. Still, it's shit.
Why? You can just grab them all... lol Did you even read the article? You can perm add them to your library...

PS5->PlayStation Store->Collections->Scroll Down to 'The PS Plus Collection'->Scroll to the Right to 'View All'->Take all 19 games.

Business

Just them reminding you that you own nothing but you’ll pay forever, that’s the business model we signed up for.

feynoob

Banned
Why? You can just grab them all... lol Did you even read the article? You can perm add them to your library...

PS5->PlayStation Store->Collections->Scroll Down to 'The PS Plus Collection'->Scroll to the Right to 'View All'->Take all 19 games.
I have all of them on the first year.
It just sucks for new PS5 users to not experience these games, when they get the console.

iHaunter

I have all of them on the first year.
It just sucks for new PS5 users to not experience these games, when they get the console.
Not at all. Most people probably never played the games. I'm sure they look at the numbers. They're just adding it into PS+... Barely any difference.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-5s-ps-plus-collection-being-removed-in-may

Game list:

PlayStation Worldwide Studios:​

• Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • God of War
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Until Dawn
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

Third-party games:​

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Zombies Chronicles Edition
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Resident Evil 7 biohazard

I think if you add them to your library before May 9th, you can still access them afterwards. Weird decision from Sony though.

sainraja

Not free since you need PS+...
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the games in this collection are available to you regardless of subscriber status, so in this case, I would argue that they are provided for free. Sure, maybe to redeem them, you needed PS plus, but you can still play after unsubscribing.

Salz01

Please elaborate? Lacking output as opposed to what?
Benefit to ps plus owners. This is taking that away for net new subs? Or am I wrong. Everybody net new after that period will have to buy those games. Output as in specific to ps5 games, imho outside of Spider-Man 2, there aren’t too many big titles announced for this year.

kiphalfton

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the games in this collection are available to you regardless of subscriber status, so in this case, I would argue that they are provided for free. Sure, maybe to redeem them, you needed PS plus, but you can still play after unsubscribing.

I don't think so. However, my subscription ends next month and I'll report back if I remember (probably will forget to do so honestly).

Last edited:

iHaunter

Benefit to ps plus owners. This is taking that away for net new subs? Or am I wrong. Everybody net new after that period will have to buy those games. Output as in specific to ps5 games, imho outside of Spider-Man 2, there aren’t too many big titles announced for this year.
There can't be big announcements every year. It takes 4-5 years to make a decent game.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Arrogant Sony strikes once again. And their output is lacking too….
Lol talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. “buy a ps5 any time from when it came out in 2020 to may 2023 and sign up for ps plus and play two dozen mostly amazing games at no extra cost” is probably secretly one of the best deals going in vidya for years, especially if you never had a ps4.

The service was always meant for the launch of PS5 to be an incentive for new players to buy the console. They actually made it last 2 years which was unexpected. And if you really want a huge PS4 collection, just pay the PS+ Extra membership now.

Last edited:
This was bound to happen, Sony wants you to pay for their top tier PS+ option and since some of Sony's best games are in the collection its easier to take it away and add it to their other tiers in the hpes that they have more people paying up for higher PS+ tiers.

I truly dislike what Sony has become .

DaGwaphics

I was surprised they didn't drop this as soon as PS+ Extra launched. They can just include a 90 day code for that in the box now and a new buyer has a library of games to play day one.

Might even encourage some mostly-offline players to keep a PS+ sub.

Last edited:
Top Bottom