• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pokémon Company announces Pokédex for iOS

pxvdm.jpg
SLcxP.jpg
W9UoI.jpg

7pVGQ.png
zQbol.jpg

Official Site Here

Release Date: Nov. 16, 2012 (Japan)
Compatible with iPhone 3GS and up, iPad 2 and up, iPad mini, iPod Touch 5th gen and up. Retina enabled.

Price: 170¥ including tax *Unova Pokémon only (493-649)

IAP:
-Kanto Dex (1-151): 500¥
-Johto Dex (152-251): 500¥
-Hoenn Dex (252-386): 500¥
-Sinnoh Dex (387-492): 500¥

The app seems to be a port of Pokédex 3D (with the pre-Unova Pokémon models from 3D Pro), so expect the same functionality, except now on your tablet/phone.

jman2050

lol they somehow made the whole thing more expensive than the 3DS version.

How is that even possible?

EDIT - This seems to be consistent with what I presume is Nintendo's strategy of using smartphones/tablets for auxiliary purposes. Also missed opportunity on the title, I agree.

Neiteio

An official Pokemon-branded application on a non-Nintendo system? Wow. But this will be good for Nintendo's bottom line... Maybe even entice more people to pick up Nintendo systems to play the real deal.

Also, I love Pokedex 3D Pro. Fifteen goddamn American dollars, but worth every penny if you're like me and love admiring the creature designs.

Berordn

Is this the first time Nintendo officially releases a product to a non-Nintendo system?

It's not, they had a music card game type dealie come out. It does allow them to say that any knockoffs are damaging their brand on the platform though, and lets them petition apple and take legal action.

Kazerei

Banned
Price: 170¥ including tax *Unova Pokémon only (493-649)

IAP:
-Kanto Dex (0-151): 500¥
-Johto Dex (151-251): 500¥
-Hoenn Dex (252-386): 500¥
-Sinnoh Dex (387-492): 500¥

That really adds up :lol

Yeah... aside from screenshots, this is old news. It was announced awhile ago that the pokemon company was going to make some iphone apps. As far as Nintendo having any say in the matter? Of course they do. You aren't going to be seeing any pokemon GAMES on the iphone... but little "toy" apps like this won't be an issue.

Missed your chance to make the title something like "Pokemon officially coming to iOS".
I ain't no Wario, lol

But still, this would make it... the 2nd phone app from TPC, the first being that tapping game.

My guess is, they want some of that sweet, sweet money they missed out on by making Dex 3D free.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pokèmon Company is not Nintendo. And they released another app around BW's Japanese launch...in order to promote it. Nothing strange / shocking.

Pikma

Banned
Next will be NSMB U., when that fails to move units and flops, Nintendo will release an iPad port instead. I know because I come from the future.

Somnid

The Pokemon Company releases iOS apps. This is not new. And yes in fact Nintendo themselves are planning on releasing phone apps for eShop and Miiverse. They aren't making/porting games though.

Top Bottom