• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the potatoes... wont someone please think of the potatoes

crobb991

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
you shouldnt have the right to own weapons,,,

can someone at least respond to the rocket laucher guy

is that not ridiculous.. or some redneck owning a 50 cal rifle for no reason

• LOL
Reactions: Tesseract

crobb991

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
  • Fire
Reactions: and 3 others

matt404au

Cyberbully
Apr 25, 2009
Straya

there ya go #mealteamsix
I believe he’s allowed to own the launcher itself but the ammunition has strict regulation, similar to grenades. Without ammunition, it’s purely for decorative purposes.

What’s your take on people owning samurai swords?

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
nobody should have access to any sort of weapon
Let’s say someone breaks into my house. I don’t know their intentions. I can’t match them physically. The police have a response time that can be a small eternity in situations like this.

Am I just supposed to beg, and let whatever happens, happen?

Or does every person have a fundamental right to protect themselves against threats, by whatever means possible?

Give it up, it's obvious dudes a troll, and a bad one at that.
I think he’s quite serious. I have quite a bit of experience with people like these, hence my earlier comments.

kingbean

Jun 27, 2016
you dont buy kitchen knives for them to be weapons

guns on the other hand
I don't buy guns to use them as weapons either.

I use them to shoot targets with my friends because it's sport.

You know your country hasn't banned all guns right? People can apply to get shotguns and rifles.

But whatever, I can't expect a well thought out response considering the quality of your other posts.

• Love
Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
you dont buy kitchen knives for them to be weapons

guns on the other hand
Since you are from Potato Europe, have you ever warmed up a potato and kiestered it for over an hour?

Asking on behalf of the victims of the Irish Famine from 1845-1849.

Last edited:

kingbean

Jun 27, 2016
Let’s say someone breaks into my house. I don’t know their intentions. I can’t match them physically. The police have a response time that can be a small eternity in situations like this.

Or does every person have a fundamental right to protect themselves against threats, by whatever means possible?
Don't worry bro, you've got the police.

Also, bad people never show up and break into people's houses. It's a fairy tale. Just get rid of all the guns and all violence and crime will cease. Just like it has in the UK.

crobb991

Banned
Feb 15, 2018
I don't buy guns to use them as weapons either.

I use them to shoot targets with my friends because it's sport.

You know your country hasn't banned all guns right? People can apply to get shotguns and rifles.

But whatever, I can't expect a well thought out response considering the quality of your other posts.

yes and those permits are checked every six months via police visits. medical records are also checked for any signs of mental illness.

i doubt thats something that happens there.

why are you guys so against some sort of owners register? i wonder how many mass shootings would have happened if corona hadnt have locked everything down

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019
yes and those permits are checked every six months via police visits. medical records are also checked for any signs of mental illness.

why are you guys so against some sort of owners register? i wonder how many mass shootings would have happened if corona hadnt have locked everything down
This was your original argument, and what people are responding to. Don’t be a weasel.

nobody should have access to any sort of weapon

kingbean

Jun 27, 2016

Did you just imply that I'm against a registry of ownership when I didn't say anything of the sort?

Please, read my mind more and tell me other things I believe.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2013
Canada

In Canada, yes! Well, you can use "reasonable force", but if you use a legally owned gun to shoot an intruder, you're the one who is getting shit. I have not ever spoken to anyone who considers this reasonable. IMO, you walk into my house unannounced with bad intentions, you deserve whatever happens.

Reactions: -Arcadia-
Mar 18, 2018
people in a civilised world dont need to own guns... thats what law enforcement is for.
You don't understand the scale of the United State (or Canada and Mexico for that matter), how law enforcement work, how terrible government regimes can get (except when you laugh at Trump I guess) and how unapologetic nature can be.

Going from guns to rocket launchers and snipers is all I need to hear to dismiss your words as drivel.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
so youre telling me people need to have rocket launchers and 50 caliber sniper rifles as "Protection"
Yeah, becuase the only thing being sold anywhere is rocket launchers and 50 cal snipers.

The left leaning posters on this forum get dumber and dumber.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I'll take your silence on my question regarding you putting potatoes up your pooper as acknowledgment that you, indeed, do that crobb991 crobb991 .

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
In Canada, yes! Well, you can use "reasonable force", but if you use a legally owned gun to shoot an intruder, you're the one who is getting shit. I have not ever spoken to anyone who considers this reasonable. IMO, you walk into my house unannounced with bad intentions, you deserve whatever happens.

That's why a barrel of hydrofluoric acid is as important a self-defense tool as a gun. No body, no burglar, no problem! :messenger_ok: (y)

Yeah, becuase the only thing being sold anywhere is rocket launchers and 50 cal snipers.

The left leaning posters on this forum get dumber and dumber.
Don't tell him about the launcher being unloaded either - it's basically just a big piece of pipe with a scope and a trigger, and he is terrified of it.

• LOL
Reactions: Nymphae