• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Price Is Right MAFIA edition |OT| Come on down!!!

And for you Mr. Palmtree, I need to know why Corn isn't in your top three scum. What about his play these past few days has put him above Kyan for instance? Including, of course the whole exceptionally scummy voting before everyone checks in thing along with potentially having the car. Oh yeah, and not putting up any fight/defense/readlist/opponent scumtells worth anything.

he kinda is, i basically picked the 3rd name out of a hat for that mafia team. and thinking on it more than not at all i regret saying kyan.

hell i am actually starting to find him more scummy than you.

he kinda is, i basically picked the 3rd name out of a hat for that mafia team. and thinking on it more than not at all i regret saying kyan.

hell i am actually starting to find him more scummy than you.

Hooray! I'm somewhat less suspicious then someone who has 3 meaningful posts (and that's being exceedingly generous) out of 6 during lylo! (and of them is correcting glaring mistake in his first!). You lynched Nin for being useless yesterday, are you willing to lynch Corn for the same reason today? And he's been severely less useful than Nin, especially since it could be likely he has the car.

Hooray! I'm somewhat less suspicious then someone who has 3 meaningful posts (and that's being exceedingly generous) out of 6 during lylo! (and of them is correcting glaring mistake in his first!). You lynched Nin for being useless yesterday, are you willing to lynch Corn for the same reason today? And he's been severely less useful than Nin, especially since it could be likely he has the car.

lynch him just because he is useless? hell no. not in lylo.

im certainly considering weither i think he should be lynched today or not. my hesitation comes from trying to figure out if his signifigatly unhelpful play comes from him being scum, or if he is a town player that has all but checked out of the game.

It's funny how an honest mistake can be turned against you.

I think SalvaPot might be the winner of the car. Maybe he'll even be back before the deadline.

Scum must have won at least one prize. Everyone else who won and flipped was town.

lynch him just because he is useless? hell no. not in lylo.

im certainly considering weither i think he should be lynched today or not. my hesitation comes from trying to figure out if his signifigatly unhelpful play comes from him being scum, or if he is a town player that has all but checked out of the game.

Well, if doing diddly-squat can somehow be seen as town-aligned then I guess I'll shut up now! He checked out about two day phases ago! If he's town then not contributing is just about the worst thing you can do to your fellow teammates and shouldn't be encouraged. But you're probably scum so I can see why you wouldn't see this way.

I think SalvaPot might be the winner of the car. Maybe he'll even be back before the deadline.

Scum must have won at least one prize. Everyone else who won and flipped was town.

OMG, CM! You think that Stan and Corn are scum... the same Stan that has claimed the surfboards and Corn who has refused to answer the question! And why would do you think Salva has the car as opposed to Corn who has said nothing? You guys are killing me lol.

Well, if doing diddly-squat can somehow be seen as town-aligned then I guess I'll shut up now! He checked out about two day phases ago! If he's town then not contributing is just about the worst thing you can do to your fellow teammates and shouldn't be encouraged. But you're probably scum so I can see why you wouldn't see this way.

did you just ignore the part where i said its because its lylo?
i think i already proved that i dont encourage useless play by lynching nin for it yesterday. but its lylo, getting rid of someone just because they are useless could easily lose us the game!

if im going to vote for someone today it will be because i genuinely think they are scum, no other reason will suffice.

im feeling townier on you by the hour. i dont believe Kark is scum. i dont know what to think about Kyan. and im not even gona consider salva being a godfather today.
so right now it will probably be between corn or CM.

Sophia

oceanicair (1)
cornburrito 1772

cornburrito (0)
christina mackenzie 1773 (1775)

christina mackenzie (1)
karkador 1806

salvapot (0)
salvapot 1843 (1844)

Day 7 will end in

blu_1473541200.png

Kyanrute

Who is the scum prize winner then and why? Salva, OA or Stanley?

did you just ignore the part where i said its because its lylo?
i think i already proved that i dont encourage useless play by lynching nin for it yesterday. but its lylo, getting rid of someone just because they are useless could easily lose us the game!

if im going to vote for someone today it will be because i genuinely think they are scum, no other reason will suffice.

im feeling townier on you by the hour. i dont believe Kark is scum. i dont know what to think about Kyan. and im not even gona consider salva being a godfather today.
so right now it will probably be between corn or CM.

It's not even the lack of posts that bother me as much as the ardent refusal to answer any questions that could help town. If he truly is town and is acting this, then to heck with that he's actively helping mafia win.
----------
But enough of that, again Kark, can we lynch Corn instead today. While somebody else can be lying about whether or not somebody received an item I'd just rather go after the person who hasn't stated anything about receiving items.

welp, i gota be unconscious now, so naturally i wont be here at the days end.

vote: CornBurrito

if we dont fuck up completely, then hurray!

if we do, then well its been fun.

later peeps.

It's not even the lack of posts that bother me as much as the ardent refusal to answer any questions that could help town. If he truly is town and is acting this, then to heck with that he's actively helping mafia win.
----------
But enough of that, again Kark, can we lynch Corn instead today. While somebody else can be lying about whether or not somebody received an item I'd just rather go after the person who hasn't stated anything about receiving items.

We covered this before. You asked SS about her item and what power it gave her. I disagreed both with your asking and her answering. I'm not going to answer if I have the car.

Karkador

Banned
----------

Is it you instead of CornB?

Anyway OA, my vote for you wasn't as reckless as you want to paint it and that's all I say. Shockingly you haven't been voted out despite scum having the chance to pounce on my vote. Which wouldn't happen because you ARE scum.

We covered this before. You asked SS about her item and what power it gave her. I disagreed both with your asking and her answering. I'm not going to answer if I have the car.
Because... why? It's lylo lol, if we mislynch you then town loses and you're willing to withhold info from the rest town? Please. And whatever happened to you being more comfortable lynch Kark yesterday?

Is it you instead of CornB?

What do you mean? I want to lynch Corn because he might have the car. I really don't see why it's such a problem, you even said it didn't matter.

Vote: CornBurrito

And if Corn is town then whatever lol, it would be impossible for town to win this game. Because if both Salva and Corn are town, then we have no business winning anyways

Anyway OA, my vote for you wasn't as reckless as you want to paint it and that's all I say. Shockingly you haven't been voted out despite scum having the chance to pounce on my vote. Which wouldn't happen because you ARE scum.

Welcome to Cornburritoville where facts are overrated and the rules of English are easily ignored. Seriously, why straight-up lie like this, you could've voted for me yesterday. Are you confusing votes with your scum teammate CM?

Either you are scum hoping that one town will latch on to this or you are selfish town who'd doom town before allowing everybody to check in. I'm seriouly hoping and praying it's the former. Hell, you didn't even bother to say if you swim an item! You don't seem to be even remotely interested in actually trying to find scum in a sensible manner on this last day.

Because... why? It's lylo lol, if we mislynch you then town loses and you're willing to withhold info from the rest town? Please. And whatever happened to you being more comfortable lynch Kark yesterday?

What do you mean? I want to lynch Corn because he might have the car. I really don't see why it's such a problem, you even said it didn't matter.

Vote: CornBurrito

And if Corn is town then whatever lol, it would be impossible for town to win this game. Because if both Salva and Corn are town, then we have no business winning anyways

You think it is Lylo. It is possible the scum team was 3 people. Splinter, you, someone else.

Kyanrute

Night 1 and 2. On Sawneeks and Kark.

Thank you. If everyone is an ordinary and if Oceanic is town, scum had no need to kill him. Oceanic ran out of shots before scum could get any items. The winners got the prizes before the commands were locked. Had scum won any items, they could've killed Oceanic then.

Salva, top 3 scum pls or something useful please.

SalvaPot

So this is our cast of characters

2. [m] StanleyPalmtree
3. [m] Karkador
6. [m] OceanicAir
8. [m] Kyanrute
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie
14. [-] SalvaPot (Replaced WhereAreMahDragonz)
18. [m] CornBurrito

I am going to look exclusively at splinter since he is our only confirmed scum.

Splinter and Corn

Where are you Corny? I missed you

VOTE: CornBro

Been at the beach all day. On vacation with my family. I'm going to be a bit less active until like... Wednesday.

Splinter vs Christina
She knew about 3 contestants when the rest of us only knew about 2. I'm guessing she knew about a third scum contestant.

Hold on, you bid as well? That makes 5 contestants?

Are there any more?

What are you talking about?

I went through the thread and before me there we only 3 others.

1. Blargonaut
2. Kawl_USC
3. CornBurrito

Who's the other contestant?

Splinter vs Kyanrute

Baring in mind the stupidity of Blarg's arguments, this is an overwhelmingly neutral response.

Kyan is anyone anything other than a null read to you?

Bearing in mind that this is day one and everything is based on the slightest of things, I'd say that my response is realistic. Consider the circumstances. In addition to the date, we are talking about Blarg and he has not yet explained himself yet either. In other words, while it is justifiable to be suspicious, I'd advice against going further until Blarg explains himself.

Your own response to everything Blarg said rings a bit in my ears. Tad too aggressive to my liking.

Careful, that last line was almost an opinion

That's also the second person to use the "Blarg being Blarg" excuse. Not a fan

I dunno, is this a reference to the million or so posts you've made after I went to bed? I have no way to know, since this is the way you choose to communicate. How is the air up there?

VOTE: *Splinter

Alright Kyan I'll play along

I wasn't so much trying to cast you in a bad light, I just genuinely don't understand your line of thinking there. You approach the situation from the angle of "scum will be aggressive, town are pussycats" and I don't see why you'd make that assumption? Yes scum can be aggressive and yes town can be pussycats, but why would you assume that as a starting point?

"You do not argue" I flat out disagree with.

As for putting myself on a pedestal, well... Yeah? But only because I'm better than everyone else? I don't think that's unreasonable?

Splinter vs Karkador
On a related note, I think I've agreed with everything Kark has said this game (I'm assuming Plinko was silliness). I don't think that's ever happened before.

I'm scared and I don't know what to do.

Moving on

That's incredibly reductive. I understand Blarg well enough to know when he's furiously backpedaling from a stupid fucking question, or when he's throwing gambits for the sake of gambits.

I'm not whining, I'm strongly advising we lynch him.

Because he's scum.

Splinter vs Stanley
Assuming Blarg flips scum, Stan and Kawl are next on my list.

Also WAMD is still scum and how the hell is that slip being ignored?? From Blarg especially: you spent the entirety of Danny Phantom accusing Flush for a slip far less blatant than WAMD's

Oh right, teammate, of course, nevermind

Splinter vs OceanicAir

Jeez. I'm really not feeling a Blarg lynch right now mainly because I felt he did a roundabout way of garnering attention away from the winner (who's not exactly anymore likely to be town or mafia depending on the action of the item). I really wish that one of the other bidders would comment in some way about the bidding. And remember if Blarg is telling the truth about not winning the item then somebody else is lying too (and isn't that why some are voting Blarg?).

Splinter, doesn't get me as mafia right now. Just really aggressive and probably wrong town. But I really don't like him using WAMD as any form of justification for voting Blarg (regardless of how small). Wouldn't it be far better to lynch WAMD first before using it as a reason (and I do think you are running down the wrong path in her case right now).

I'm leaning Dusk right now but I'm personally thinking that a good deal of scum are coasting and not bothering to stick their neck out right now. Doesn't help that some people haven't really commented lately.

To resume day 1:
2. [m] StanleyPalmtree -opposed
3. [m] Karkador - agreed
6. [m] OceanicAir -opposed
8. [m] Kyanrute - strongly opposed
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie -somehow opposed
14. [-] SalvaPot (Replaced WhereAreMahDragonz) - antagonized
18. [m] CornBurrito - pretty much ignored

Kyarunte and Oceanic constantly tried to poke holes on splinters ideas.

On Day 2, Splinter kind of wanted to go after cristina
Ok, main person I wanted to get to today (apart from she-who-shall-not-be-named-because-I'm-sounding-like-a-broken-record-and-noone-is-listening-anyway) is Christina Mackenzie.

CM's last few posts of yesterday looked very lazy. Basically asking for direction and then leaving the thread without really doing anything. I read this post as a snide comment on the lack of anything happening in the thread, which is a bit rich considering CM made no attempt to change that situation.

Here is (the only?) question asked shortly before that:

This stood out to me as one of the most unnecessary questions that could be asked. Blarg had spent the morning attacking Dusk, and the afternoon arguing with me. Frankly I'd've thought Blarg's opinion on literally anyone else would be more interesting at this point, so this just looks like an attempt to "stir the pot" and reignite Blarg v Dusk/me.

Christina, did you have a reason to be asking for these reads specifically?

And while I have your attention, who are your current top scum? And what do you make of Dusk's claim?

Also on Day 2, Splinter and corn interacted for a bit.
I'm still fully convinced that Blarg was most likely scum's target yesterday. So scum should have at least 1 vote within that cluster.

Sawneeks, Star, and WAMD.

Splinter is tunneling hard on WAMD though, and I'm not really convinced that Splinter is town especially when he's trying to propose chain lynches.

I will say that if WAMD is scum, that doesn't necessarily clear Splinter. Having played with Splinter in the past, it isn't beyond him to bus a scum buddy early on and push for their lynch.
We have like a day of real time left.

And yes, I do believe that you are trying desperately to bus a scum teammate. WAMD is an all likelihood scum, but don't think leading her lynch is going to save you Splinter, because you're transparent as fuck with what you are doing.
Vote: *Splinter

I think this makes the most sense to me.

So, day 2:
2. [m] StanleyPalmtree -some discussion
3. [m] Karkador - kisses and hugs
6. [m] OceanicAir -opposed a bit
8. [m] Kyanrute - strongly opposed again
13. [-] Christina Mackenzie -persecuted for a bit, then ignored
14. [-] SalvaPot (Replaced WhereAreMahDragonz) - hahahaha
18. [m] CornBurrito - Cb antagonized him without gaining traction

Day 3 highlights

Back in day one I took a look at people who reacted to Dusk’s plan to lynch Blarg. The list back then was Karkador, *Splinter, Sawneeks, OceanicAir and StarSketch. Who then, I wonder, stayed on the train when Dusk met his demise a day later? Those two would be StarSketch and Karkador. Both thus consistent with their day one thoughts. My current read of the two, ignoring all else about them - only based on all this, is that they are they were townies lynching a townie.

Where do the others spill over then? Splinter and Sawneeks go for dragonz, while OceanicAir does not vote at all during the day. Again, only looking at this behavior, all three look scummy. Splinter has the towny advantage here though as he places his vote on dragonz well before anyone else. Sawneeks on the other hand drops her vote at the final hour, which could be a scum placing a vote against a town lynch, just to say on the following day “I told you so!”. Oceanic, why no vote?

The third bunch would be the folks who did not react to Dusk on day one, but participated in his lynch. Those would be myself, Stanley, ynnek7, Christina and Corn. Here, I’d imagine to see some reasoning with the vote to justify the change from “I don’t find Dusk’s plan strange” to “Dusk should die”. I and Stanley mention our suspicions and the information gained from the lynch, ynnek is uncomfortable with the claim (winning the Xbox part I presume?), Christina implies that Dusk did not bid on the Xbox and is lying about everything and Corn does a bit of a drive-by where he puts the two leading candidates in the order he prefers them. Don’t like the drive-by but there might be a bigger issue here.

Christina, you imply in #741 in response to ynnek that Dusk’s explanation about the bidding progress is missing something. You make it look like this is a major part of your vote for Dusk. What part is missing? Did you have other reasons for voting Dusk?

Let’s unwrap everything from the vacuum and check how everything matches with everything else. Karkador engages with Sawneeks a bit. Should Sawneeks flip scum, this could be scum buddies throwing things at each other. StarSketch does not trigger the scumdar for now.

On day one Sawneeks speculated about what she felt a Blarg flip would reveal. She reads Dusk as scum. Dusk’s reveal on day two changes her stance, she does not see any reasoning behind scum Dusk revealing the Xbox. As the stance-switching happens at the start of the day, I am willing to consider this a genuine change of opinion. And there was no “I told you so!”. Oceanic has been somewhat reserved and I don’t think there is enough ground for a vote on him. I think I’ll save Splinter for a another post.

Corn, can you explain a bit why you switched from Splinter to Dusk? Christina, the questions above if you’d be so kind. Stanley’s biggest sins are no vote on day one and an appearance on Dusk’s scum list. Not voting on purpose is a daring scum strategy because it brings attention to the non-voter and limits scum’s influence on the vote. For now, I wouldn’t place Oceanic and Stanley on the same scum team. ynnek is doing the noob, which I find hard to read if it is genuine or not.

Okay, thanks for that.

To be honest, I mostly ignored the thing with WAMD because I was busy chasing Blarg and Dusk. I assumed people were getting bent out of shape about nothing, and I think I see where WAMD was getting tripped up.

Particularly, the Day start post made us all assume there were 4 contestants, and they were named:

Then skimming a post like this can put the idea into your head that these players are actively claimed and need to respond (this is a response to Splinter, one of the four in the flavor group of contestants):

Don't let me stick up too much for WAMD/Salva. I'm not on their side, and I'm not necessarily against their lynch, but I do feel like their thing was somebody not keeping up with the game, not ill intent. "Ill intent", IMO, would be players deliberately deceiving and misinforming.

In hindsight, I do regret that we didn't flip WAMD on D1 or D2, but on D3, pushing a lynch for that seems a bit behind the curve. If you can find stronger reasons today, I'd reconsider it.

I'd agree with you 100% if it weren't for the part in exhibit D. She created an explanation (that didn't make sense) to try and explain her previous mistakes, rather than simply admitting they were mistakes. That part is the deception.

If she had stuck to the explanation you've given here (that it was a simple failure in keeping up with the game) then yes I'd've dropped it by now.

You know, Splinter. You're full of [REDACTED].

Earlier in the game, you try to insult me about not knowing how to play, moments after (feigning?) panic that you thought there was 24hrs left in the game when there were like 2 hours left.

Now you've washed up to shore again, with 2 hours left, to get another potshot at me with no substance.

Are you even in this game? Do you come around to just be a [REDACTED]? Add something to the discussion or sub the [REDACTED] out, you [REDACTED].
I am saying that tomorrow will - if I have anything to say about it - be all about Kark. If you are already bussing, as seems to be the case, then tomorrow you will have to choose between sticking to those guns or trying to walk back your position enough to defend him.

Or maybe I was wrong all along, bleh.

I guess we could just lynch Kark today. I err... assumed that would not be an option. Sketch's vote surprised the hell out of me though

Its fucking Karkador.

Karkador is his teammate.

I've been avoiding Kark because I didn't want a repeat of last time we played. I've fucked up though, I'm sorry

UNVOTE

I don't know what we should do

Bullshit.

SalvaPot

Splinter when hard on corn at first, but then ignored him corn picked up on this and went hard on splinter for the rest of the game.

Corn: Town

Kyanrute was always there to catch his bullshit and poke holes in it.

Kyranrute: Town

Stanley agreed with kyanrute and also had strong opinions about splinter.

Stanley: Maybe town

Oceanic also tried but sometimes it felt safe, still, could be because he mostly focuses on what ifs instead of definitives

Oceanic: Maybe Town

Christina and Splinter had a weird relationship but I think it was fabricated.

Christina: probably scum

Karkador and Splinter used to be friendly until I put them both in my suspect list, then they tried to go hard on each other without actual arguments. They are in this together.

Vote: Karkador

SalvaPot

Who is the scum team with Kark then Salva?

Christina, most likely. I am trying to look into corn because he seems to vote for him whenever there is no pressure, BUT he never stopped voicing his concerns on them, so its not empty votes either.

Also, I don't think we are in LyLo. If majority is 4 votes and the vote was on 1 several times, scum could have picked their 3 votes and just bus their way to victory. I think we only have 2 scum left.

Christina, most likely. I am trying to look into corn because he seems to vote for him whenever there is no pressure, BUT he never stopped voicing his concerns on them, so its not empty votes either.

Also, I don't think we are in LyLo. If majority is 4 votes and the vote was on 1 several times, scum could have picked their 3 votes and just bus their way to victory. I think we only have 2 scum left.

For the love of all that is good and holy that makes even less sense.

If the team is Corn/CM/Stan then it makes perfect sense since there was no opportunity for them to turbo.

Kyanrute

The singular votes so far have been on:

Oceanic (voted by Corn)
Corn (voted by CM)
CM (voted by Kark)

lylo requires that a townie votes for a townie. Scum voting for a townie or vice versa does not allow scum to pile the hammers.

SalvaPot

Also I am dying tonight since I am the last confirmed town.

Be sure to check out the reactions on my existential crisis, or lack of reactions. I think its interesting.

Sophia

"You're going to have to come with me, son...", said the security guard to CornBurrito

"We're going to have to take your prize too." quipped another guard

CornBurrito looked on in horror at this suggestion.

Take his car?

His wonderful, brand new car?

No

He wasn't having that.

They had already taken Bob Barker away. They weren't gonna take any more.

Ignoring the guards, he jumped on stage with a frantic leap. With keys in hand, he rushed over to the area that contained his car.

"GET BACK HERE!!!" yelled a security guard, as several of them began rushing up to the stage. Unfortunately for them, they had slipped and fallen on the now melted bucket of ice cream, which was everywhere.

"You'll never take me alive, you Fremantle, Drew Carey loving goons!" he shouted.

And with that, his car revved to life.

Hitting the pedals as hard as he could, CornBurrito went flying through the nearby wall, destroying it, damaging his car somewhat, but obtaining his freedom.

"BOB BARKER FOR LIFE!!!!!" he shouted, as he drove away.

CornBurrito, the Bob Barker Loving Scum Jailer, has left the building

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

CornBurrito come on down!!!

You're a part of the rowdy crowd, the people who didn't like it when Bob Barker stopped hosting and Drew Carry took over! You want your original host back, and you're going to let it be known!

This means you are a part of the Mafia

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

Once per night phase, your team may toss a member of the ordinary contestants out on the street using the command Kill: <Player>

Your teammates are: <CENSORED BY THE BOB BARKER APPERCIATION SOCIETY CLUBHOUSE>

Your team's factional chat is here: <CENSORED BY THE BOB BARKER APPERCIATION SOCIETY CLUBHOUSE>

You win when your team makes up at least half of the player list at the start of a day phase.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

CornBurrito had the following items in his possession

Congratulations, you have won a brand new car! This item confers upon you the power of a Jailer.

Once per night phase, you may force a player to take a ride with you using the command Ride: <player>. During that night phase, that player will be simultaneously protected from being removed from the game show and unable to use any night actions of their own.

Night 7 ends in

red_1473620400.png

Sophia

Sorry everyone, I got sidetracked because of my grandmother + the need to get lunch. The day start will begin in a moment.

Sophia

Quickly, the security guards began trying to cover up the large hole that had been caused by CornBurrito slamming his car into the wall.

"Quickly, cover that up. And get the cops. Nobody goes in our out." the big burly one shouted. But before he had any chance to bark anymore orders, something mysterious happened.

OceanicAir, who had been standing among the contestants, suddenly passed out.

"GET A MEDIC OVER HERE!" others shouted randomly, as he was rushed off for emergency treatment.

What in the world was going on....?

Only five contestants remained now...

OceanicAir, the town Role Cop, has been removed from the building.

Here it comes!!!!

From the Bob Barker Studio at CBS in Hollywood, it's The Price is Right Mafia~!

OceanicAir come on down!!!

You are an ordinary contestant on The Price Is Right.

This means you are aligned with the Town.

You may vote during the day phase on who should be removed by the Security Guards from the building.

Be on the lookout for items won that could grant you a special power!

You win when anyone else who might disrupt the show has been removed from the building.

And now, here's your host: DREW CAAAAAREEY~!!!!

OceanicAir had the following items in his possession.

Congratulations, you have won a laptop computer with a year of wifi included! This item confers upon you the power of a 2-Shot Role Cop.

Twice per game, once per night phase, you may investigate another player's role by submitting the command Lookup: <player> to the moderator in PM.

Majority is 3

Day 8 begins

blu_1473800400.png

Top Bottom