• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Prisoner (McKellan & Jesus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burli

Pringo
Holy fuck, don't go on Ian McKellan's official site, almost had a heart-attack when I saw this:

"I have filmed a brief contribution to open Mika's latest stage show which tours quite soon and his site will tell u where. "

u. U.

Gandalf saying 'u' - WHAT THE FUCK.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Burli said:
Holy fuck, don't go on Ian McKellan's official site, almost had a heart-attack when I saw this:

"I have filmed a brief contribution to open Mika's latest stage show which tours quite soon and his site will tell u where. "

u. U.

Gandalf saying 'u' - WHAT THE FUCK.

He is also diddling the poolboy, your precious Gandalf.

gdt

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Cinematography is fucking outstanding. What was up with that commercial teaser though? wtf.

Yeah, I thought so too.

I was out of the room the whole break.

What are you guys talking about?

Cardon

I just wish Caviezel would be more angry like McGoohan was. Other than that I'm enjoying it so far.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Cardon said:
I just wish Caviezel would be more angry like McGoohan was. Other than that I'm enjoying it so far.
Unfortunately he's noted as never actually seeing the original, so he wouldn't know :-/.

I don't think he could pull off full blown angry though. This undercurrent of spite is working for him imo.

It's pretty excellent so far.

Yaweee

I too am liking it so far. The original series was pretty great, but it had its own fair share of problems.

SpeedingUptoStop

Count Dookkake said:
McGoohan's simmering rage is epic.
It's just totally unattainable. No one could ever manage it, so I'm glad Jesus isn't trying.

They're seriously pimping the Prisoner in commercial breaks for the Prisoner.

gdt

DoctorWho said:
Holy fuck!!! Stop these fucking spoiler commercial bits. Must remember to change channel when they come on!!

Actually that was announced over the loudspeaker earlier. By Two.

gdt5016 said:

If they took out all this bullshit, they could fit another commercial. Srsly!!! Advertising dollars FTW!

SpeedingUptoStop

gdt5016 said:
He's talking about the pre-commercials NEXT ON THE PRISONER stuff that I have absolutely no idea why it's there. Like telling people what happens next is supposed to make them continue watching....?

Giant
water bottle monster thingy
rules!

gdt5016 said:
Boy, Cavieziel cannot do angry.

He's angry but not as angry as I am at these stupid Palm Pre commercials! Who the fuck thought those were a good idea?

SpeedingUptoStop

AMC is really fucking concerned we'll stop watching if they don't remind us what we're watching every 30 seconds.

Seriously though, who directed this? The cinematography is some of the best I've seen in any medium this year.

Cardon

That ending was decent. Overall I'm pretty pleased with things so far and it helps that the show is beautiful to look at.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
AMC is really fucking concerned we'll stop watching if they don't remind us what we're watching every 30 seconds.

Seriously though, who directed this? The cinematography is some of the best I've seen in any medium this year.

I think they are concerned that its a bit confusing and slow (which are good qualities imo) so they have to try to hook the current ADD audience mindset that exists.

I'll just have to keep the remote in my hands as I watch or download the torrents sadly in the future. But so far I've quite liked the episode.

Yaweee said:
Yeah, just to remind people, it is two hours tonight, two hours tomorrow, and two hours on Tuesday.

Holy shit. I had no idea there was more tomorrow and Tuesday. When does the series end?

SpeedingUptoStop

Yaweee said:
Yeah, just to remind people, it is two hours tonight, two hours tomorrow, and two hours on Tuesday.
Aw jeez, I hope they replay it tomorrow night, I've got work til 9:30.

They probably will.

gdt

I'm thinking he grew up in the Village, escaped, then was brought back in.

Edit: People, it ends on Tuesday.

SpeedingUptoStop

I like how there's only one terrible soap opera on TV at all times. :lol :lol Shows how much these people are missing.

Cardon

Hmm, the new #6 may not be a spy but his job does sound interesting and at least is in tune to why he may be in the Village. So far I'm digging episode 2.

SpeedingUptoStop

Cardon said:
Hmm, the new #6 may not be a spy but his job does sound interesting and at least is in tune to why he may be in the Village. So far I'm digging episode 2.
Yea, definitely reflective of his relationship with #2. Stands more to reason why he chose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom