• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Prisoner (McKellan & Jesus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

This has to be the kookiest, densest thing I've ever seen on TV. Maybe only Primer (the movie) confused me more.

gdt

SpeedingUptoStop said:
How'd you jump to the conclusion that 6 is 1?

6 said that he brought all those people together, and "they" were all those Villagers flashing on the screen.

And then Lucy said (again) that they then send them somewhere else after or something like that.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
How is this all happening at the same time?

The son is one murderous SOB.

So he theoretically just killed the village?

So was everything happening to 6 and Michael simultaneously on different plains of consciousness? When they were cutting back and forth was it all happening at the same time? I'm talking about the entire series, not just this episode.

SpeedingUptoStop

DoctorWho said:
So was everything happening to 6 and Michael simultaneously on different plains of consciousness? When they were cutting back and forth was it all happening at the same time? I'm talking about the entire series, not just this episode.
I figured something like that was the case in ep.4, but not the other eps.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on.

So these test subjects who interact with each other in the real world are also interacting with each other on a subconscious plain as well? That place being the village?

SpeedingUptoStop

DoctorWho said:
So these test subjects who interact with each other in the real world are also interacting with each other on a subconscious plain as well? That place being the village?
I know 2 just said the Village exists entirely in his wife's mind sooooo what the fuck just happened when she was murdered?

gdt

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I know 2 just said the Village exists entirely in his wife's mind sooooo what the fuck just happened when she was murdered?

Maybe she was just the gate or something?

SpeedingUptoStop said:

Well, he said she was the first person there. She probably created the world from her mind but everyone who enters the Village sustains it in some small part as long as they believe in it. Dunno - just my theory.

6 of course is a dreamer and is causing all sorts of problems.

The whole concept that the we could be interacting with people everyday in more than one realm of consciousness is pretty much blowing my mind right now.

SpeedingUptoStop

DoctorWho said:
The whole concept that the we could be interacting with people everyday in more than one realm of consciousness is pretty much blowing my mind right now.
I've always been a fan of parallel universes, but this works too.

gdt5016 said:
So those balls are their own fears or something?

Maybe if they let their own fears and insecurities get the better of them in that realm, they essentially destroy themselves by floating ball of doom.

SpeedingUptoStop

DoctorWho said:
Maybe if they let their own fears and insecurities get the better of them in that realm, they essentially destroy themselves by floating ball of doom.
Yea, if they get absorbed into the ball and face their fears, they get to go back to the real world?

But where do the holes in the ground go...

Napoleonthechimp said:
This is supposed to be a remake of 'The Prisoner'?

This is entirely its own thing.

I'm interested in rewatching the original now with some of the concepts introduced here in mind. I'd like to see if it still makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom