• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

Lime

Yea, I just got a playstation Vita with 3.35, and I have a Vita with a much of games on it. Am I screwed since I can't download anymore games due to software encryption on the memory card? At this point, I should bite the bullet and update the device to use key features.

use the method to avoid going through the update requirement

sasuke_91

I got a PS TV for 15€ today with firmware version 3.20
I'll have to update to the newest firmware to sign in to PSN, won't I?

Is there any way to get the whitelist hack and play the games I got through PS+ without updating my console?

v1perz53

use the method to avoid going through the update requirement

In looking into it today, the author of the program seemed to say this bypass only works for 2 weeks following a firmware update for connecting to the PS store, is this the case or does it still work? It doesn't seem to be working for me currently, after setting up the proxy going to update the Vita TV I get a message saying I am currently running the latest firmware, but when I try to log in to PSN it prompts me to update.

My entire collection is digital, and while I didn't update the firmware unless I can figure out a decent way to get my games on the Vita TV I may end up just updating so I can at least use the same memory card as my Vita.

Dicer

Banned
Ok so hack(s) are done but I can't access the store, used the proxy says update matched latest, disable proxy and try again wants me to update.

Ok so hack(s) are done but I can't access the store, used the proxy says update matched latest, disable proxy and try again wants me to update.

Did you access the store while the proxy was enabled? You have to load up the store first before disabling it and don't quit the store.

Dicer

Banned
Did you access the store while the proxy was enabled? You have to load up the store first before disabling it and don't quit the store.

I can't load the store because it needs to sign in, and it won't sign in without updating...

Edit: Nvm just updating the damn thing lol, I literally bought it to play one game, I wanna hack it I'll get another one...

psylah

I haven't touched my PSTV since doing this hack. I'm just going to update it so I can use the remote play function, that is more useful to me.

eastx

Bleh, either this doesn't work with dengeki bunko fighting climax or i'm doing something wrong.

It's definitely not PS TV compatible. Probably hard-coded not to work with it or just released too late to slip by with the compatibility trick (if that even still works).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, not every game is going to work. I think Sega purposefully made Dengeki incompatible to get people to double-dip on the PS3 version.

The new version of Dengeki Bunko comes out next week in Japan on PS3/PS4/Vita. I'm double-dipping on PS4/Vita and will test the Vita version on PSTV. Doubting it's going to work, which sucks-- I wish this game was cross-play and PSTV compatible...then I'd just get it on Vita. :p

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm having trouble with the update blocker. I change my proxy settings to the ip and port number the exe gives me. Then I go to the store and the exe tells me to turn off proxy settings. I got back to the store and it still asks me to update.

Can I still take advantage of this with my new PS TV? Taking into consideration that I need to update to firmware 3.55 so I can sign in and proceed to download games.

rbnoble06

Neo Member
Just got my PSTV today and tried doing the hack with the following steps:

1) Boot PS TV, turn off auto updates
2) Perform the email hack
3) Ran Vita Update Blocker and set up address and port on PSTV
4) Block white list URLs from router at home

After that, tried a physical copy of Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots) and it worked fine. I have a question concerning PSN store.

Is it possible to download games from the PSN store with this hack? Or am I stuck with physical copies? Right now I am on FW 3.20 and it kept telling me to update to access the store, before I applied the Vita update blocker.

Is it possible to download games from the PSN store with this hack? Or am I stuck with physical copies? Right now I am on FW 3.20 and it kept telling me to update to access the store, before I applied the Vita update blocker.

If you've never registered that PSTV with Sony's servers, probably not.

If you have, you can queue up downloads from the PSN website to your PSTV (usually listed as a Vita or "2nd Vita" if you have a real Vita) and they will download in the background without signing into PSN on the device.

rbnoble06

Neo Member
If you've never registered that PSTV with Sony's servers, probably not.

If you have, you can queue up downloads from the PSN website to your PSTV (usually listed as a Vita or "2nd Vita" if you have a real Vita) and they will download in the background without signing into PSN on the device.

Ahh, that makes sense. I guess there is no way for me to activate it then, without updating the FW.

If anyone does knows a way around this, it would be much appreciated!

suikodan

Are you sure it still work?
My 3.52 PSTV is registered as a PSN device on my account and I selected a game to download on it and nothing happens...

rbnoble06

Neo Member
Well, I just tried it and it no longer works. Looks like Sony plugged that hole. Sorry guys. It did work for a while, I downloaded several games last year after the hack and was able to get them without signing in to PSN.

Yeah think they have. After hacking mine I couldn't even sign in without updating, nevermind accessing the PSN store. Looks like I'll just be updating.

Kilau

Gold Member
PS3 requires PSTV update to connect for transfer also. Seems like Sony plugged this up pretty well.

Kilau

Gold Member
Also, if that memory card has been in an updated Vita you will be asked to update when you put it in a PSTV or format it, so unless you have your Vita and PSTV on the same firmware, that is effectively blocked also.

Top Bottom