• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PSN Card Sighting Thread

tha_con

Banned
So these have been available at a local store here (Army Base) for about a month and a half, and I'm just wondering how many folks on GAF have actually seen them in stores?



The one to the right of the $20 card is a $50 card. I bought one today for someone, called in the pin, and it worked wonderfully.

Maybe now EU gamers have their fix to easily get NA content? :D
 

kuYuri

Member
Nice find.

I've said this before, if any EU PS3 owners want US cards, I'll be happy to get them for you provided you compensate me of course. :D
 

123rl

Member
Awesome! Rock Band import is now justified :D Now I need to find a shop selling these/willing to email me the code. I know Tronix were doing that with the JPN cards but I don't know if they're selling the US ones yet or not
 

Skilletor

Member
Whoa, I didn't know these were out. I will have to start looking.

These can be used on foreign stores, right? I haven't been keeping up.
 

rothbart

Member
I want to trade in my Best Buy Reward Zone certificates on some of these... I don't get why it's taking so long for these to hit? Hell, the Wii had them out at launch...
 

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
rothbart said:
I want to trade in my Best Buy Reward Zone certificates on some of these... I don't get why it's taking so long for these to hit? Hell, the Wii had them out at launch...

Sony hates people giving them money, I guess.

I agree, these should have been rolled out by at least November. Why hasn't there been any PR yet on them?
 

wotter

Member
Strider2K99 said:
Nice find.

I've said this before, if any EU PS3 owners want US cards, I'll be happy to get them for you provided you compensate me of course. :D
That would be awesome. I don't have a credit card and I'm sure there are some titles I would like to pick up on psn for sure. Now if only Sony would shine some clarity about those cards in Europe, we've been waiting for ages (throw in the ds3 releasedate as well plz :p ).
 

tha_con

Banned
Provided any members are comfortable sending money over PayPal or something, I'd be glad to hook up an EU member with the digits off the back of the card.

I picked one up for my friend, text messeged him the code within a minute of buying it, and it worked right away, zero delay. Pretty impressive....for being a year and some months late.
 

Hellraizah

Member
What's happening with this?

Sony is not giving any informations on it, but we know it exists (at least in US army bases).

I own a Mastercard that does not support AVS protection (or something like this) and I was never able to put in my informations on PSN. I tried calling Mastercard and a guy there said that because of all this, I will not be able to use my card on PSN. He said he also tried with his card but failed.
 

elseanio

Member
tha_con said:
Provided any members are comfortable sending money over PayPal or something, I'd be glad to hook up an EU member with the digits off the back of the card.

I picked one up for my friend, text messeged him the code within a minute of buying it, and it worked right away, zero delay. Pretty impressive....for being a year and some months late.

Should I trust someone with 'con' in their User Name..? Ah, what the hell, I NEED ROCK BAND DLC
 

vercity82

Member
Being from the uk id be interested in a PSN card :) just hate that these aint availible all over yet when all the firmwares have had this availible for ages now.
 

Mau ®

Member
Wait, are the PSN cards out in the US or not? Or just on some especific locations.

I really wanna get one, I cant wait to try PSN games!
 

CloudV

Member
I'm definitely wanting to get one of these, but my friends at home haven't found them available yet (midwest).
I don't see them popping up online at retailers either.
If anyone is interested, I would be happy to pick up an equivalent card for the Japan PSN for an American card (2000 yen for 20 bucks or 5000 yen for 50 bucks).
Please drop me a PM if you are willing.
 

soco

Member
kassatsu said:
I will go look around Seattle after work tomorrow.

i haven't been looking too closely, but i have kept my eye out and haven't seen any. maybe they've just started popping up around the area though.
 

kuYuri

Member
I still have yet to see them. Kagari, if you're reading this, please let us know when your store gets them in.
 

AndyD

aka andydumi
They have them on post here at Ft. Campbell in TN. 20 and 50 ones. THey had them briefly during Xmas (1-2 months) now they are back.
 

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I got some in my Christmas cards from Sony this year. :lol

That's weird that all the military bases have them, but cool at the same time!
 

Nightz

Member
Hmm, since it's been appearing in military bases, I wish I could check all the bases here in San Diego. Unfortunately, I'm over 21 now and can't be considered my dad's dependant anymore...so no base access for me :(
 

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TerryLee81 said:
Why are they only available in military bases? That's strange.

yeah it's strange , these are not on online stores too , amazon sells Wii Points Cards and Xbox 360 Live Points too but no PSN cards and you can find J-PSN cards online ( yes/play asia , ncsx ) but not US PSN cards .

Epic Fail SCEA .
 

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
TerryLee81 said:
They seem to hate money. Why else are there no point cards available in america and europe?

not only this stupid thing , Sony are the only one that locked the credit cards too , I can use my C.C to buy VC games on the Wii and same thing on XBLA , but on PSN credit cards are Locked to countries .
 
Hello, I hope it's ok to bring this thread back up to see if there is any new information out there on the availability of these cards in the US. I've yet to find one here in Texas.
 

JB1981

Member
Other than getting one of these cards as a gift for someone, I still don't understand why people need them. Do none of you have a VISA or an AMEX? I haven't had a problem using my AMEX with either PSN or XBL.
 
Some people are afraid of putting their credit card number on the internet.
They must not realize that when you use it in a real store the data is sent the same way.
 

Majmun

Member
JB1981 said:
Other than getting one of these cards as a gift for someone, I still don't understand why people need them. Do none of you have a VISA or an AMEX? I haven't had a problem using my AMEX with either PSN or XBL.

Credit card use in Holland (or Europe in general) isn't as popular as in USA.
 

Johnkers

Member
JB1981 said:
Other than getting one of these cards as a gift for someone, I still don't understand why people need them. Do none of you have a VISA or an AMEX? I haven't had a problem using my AMEX with either PSN or XBL.

Can't use credit cards to purchase from international stores, some cards that just refuse to work with PSN, people who are under 18 or just people who don't have credit cards.
 
I heard about the news of PSN Cards being at Meijer on various sites, so I bought one myself.



If anyone lives in OH, MI, IN, IL, or KY (close to Meijer) can find one.
 

methos75

Banned
Hmmm, to the BX I go today, hope mine has some. Also can I use these on the HK or Japanese store, or are they locked to specific regions?
 
methos75 said:
Hmmm, to the BX I go today, hope mine has some. Also can I use these on the HK or Japanese store, or are they locked to specific regions?
Each card can only be used in the region store they were purchased in (says on the back too). The currency is in USD, not Yen, Euros, etc.

Right now, only Meijer and military bases around the U.S. have them right now, from what I'm aware of (if someone checks Best Buy, Target, etc. right now, they will not see them).
 

Redd

Member
BoilersFan23 said:
Each card can only be used in the region store they were purchased in (says on the back too). The currency is in USD, not Yen, Euros, etc.

Right now, only Meijer and military bases around the U.S. have them right now, from what I'm aware of (if someone checks Best Buy, Target, etc. right now, they will not see them).

I live right by the air force base in Virginia Beach. Would they have them in the Exchange their too?
 
BoilersFan23 said:
so they've been available long enough for them to change the design of the cards but they still aren't widely available? wth Sony.

and the reason I want one is because of that PSn hacking a few months ago. I removed my credit card from my account and it's not going back.
 
bune duggy said:
so they've been available long enough for them to change the design of the cards but they still aren't widely available? wth Sony.

and the reason I want one is because of that PSn hacking a few months ago. I removed my credit card from my account and it's not going back.
I dunno, but IMO, they look better suited for PSN compared to the previous cards.


Actually, it was not the credit card information hacked into from what I found out (every news site said that over and over again). The only thing that may have been accessed were people's wallets, who previously had money in it.

For those who may be unsure, I just recommend people enter their credit card info to buy something they want, then instantly removing it after they purchase (which is quite easy to do on PSN). A few friends of mine have been doing that without issues.
 

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Is it worth discussing when these things will make it down to FL? I wanna buy a $20 and $50 card to get Tekken DR and Warhawk...
 

tha_con

Banned
bune duggy said:
so they've been available long enough for them to change the design of the cards but they still aren't widely available? wth Sony.

and the reason I want one is because of that PSn hacking a few months ago. I removed my credit card from my account and it's not going back.

Your credit card number was safe, and if you don't have identity theft protection from said credit agency, you need to get rid of that card and find one that does have it.

Seriously, as 'responsible' as people try to be with 'Credit Cards' they sure do make some stupid choices.
 
Top Bottom