The Punisher goes woke?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
Methinks you guys doth protest too much.

What, y'all start seeing SJW boogeymen under your beds and in your closets? Give me a break. According to you guys, "the leftists" are the ones who are supposed to be all fragile and snowflakey regarding media they haven't even seen yet, while shitting all over an independent artist's freedom of expression.

Don't be snowflake hypocrites. It's not a good look, and people won't take you seriously.

Nov 28, 2018
Texas
Well, obviously anybody can be a bad guy and is totally licit to choose whoever you want to choose. But if you do it just because you have a political agenda, people are free to call you out on your dishonest propaganda and hipocrisy.

And the very fact that they are using the term alt-right, already shows their own political agenda. Which is a very common agenda on that platform.
I'm pretty critical of the left, but I still need proof that this is an ideological move beyond some terminology being used.

Mar 12, 2014
I'm pretty critical of the left, but I still need proof that this is an ideological move beyond some terminology being used.
I feel like asking for proof in this manner would be tantamount to insisting that someone taste a dog poop before agreeing it's a dog poop. Just my two cents.

catfish

I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
Jun 9, 2004
Amsterdam
I was just thinking their aren't enough muslim villians in.........
oh wait hangon I would love to see the punisher shoot a douchebag nutter christian in the face.

Also last I checked Punisher was American. If you're going to get murdered by an asshole, it's probably not going to be a Muslim doing that on American soil. It be some asshole that can't get laid and talks about that on forums all day and uses cool names for hot girls that won't talk to them.

Go get em punisher.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
Dec 3, 2018
Well, obviously anybody can be a bad guy and is totally licit to choose whoever you want to choose. But if you do it just because you have a political agenda, people are free to call you out on your dishonest propaganda and hipocrisy.

And the very fact that they are using the term alt-right, already shows their own political agenda. Which is a very common agenda on that platform.
lol
all of these is just becasue some costume designer described that guy as alt-right
but yeah it is immediately obvious that mr. netflix himself wrote this guy that way
because he has dishonest political agenda

i mean even if this was not just costume designer speaking her mind
and all what you said is truth all your fears came truth
and mr netflix himself has political agenda developing this character
what is the problem ?
this is the thing i fail to understand
and i fell like you are the right guy to ask
so this already dead show will have alt-right vilain
what are the conseqences ?

and what is the purpose of all this noise from both sides
before the show is out ?

Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
Sorry for still forcing you participate in this thread, KRAai.

It's almost as if I'm raping you.

lol
all of these is just becasue some costume designer described that guy as alt-right
I didn't know the actor himself who portrays that villain was also a costume designer. That guy has some talent.

Hey KRAai, what do you think about the Sabrina witch series? Do you think we can call it SJW or not?

mr. netflix himself wrote this guy that way
I fucking love you, KRAai.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
Sorry for still forcing you participate in this thread, KRAai.

It's almost as if I'm raping you.
how considerate of you
you are so cute and yeah i bet you are quite rapey too

I didn't know the actor himself who portrays that villain was also a costume designer. That guy has some talent.
well i watched the video from op
the guy said his source was collider's "the punisher" 30 plot details
where i found only
Calvert also described Pilgrim as “Alt-Right.”
i understand you have different sources

Hey KRAai, what do you think about the Sabrina witch series? Do you think we can call it SJW or not?
you can call it whatever you want
i think i was pretty clear i don't divide my entertainment into SJW and not SJW
also i am
quite dissapointed that you didn't answer my questions
i was actually ready for some fun reading
and maybe to understand your madness a little bit better

because you see all this noise about sjw alt right
is what annoys me on forum about entertainment and i really
don't understand what is the purpose of it

Jan 21, 2018
Republic of Catalonia
how considerate of you
you are so cute and yeah i bet you are quite rapey too
I have watched too much hentai, for sure.

i understand you have different sources

You are correct.

you can call it whatever you want
i think i was pretty clear i don't divide my entertainment into SJW and not SJW
You are not answering the question, KRAai.

I'll make you another one. Do you ever think there's a show that is SJW? Or you just simply don't believe that any show can have a far left political agenda?

Maybe that's why you are so triggered, maybe you can't even process the plausability of any form of cultural media being filled with SJW propaganda, despite the recent explosion of it.

But hey, I will still love you regardless, KRAai.

quite dissapointed that you didn't answer my questions
WHAT? Repeat those questions and I would answer them, please.

But only if you answer mines.

because you see all this noise about sjw alt right
is what annoys me on forum about entertainment and i really
don't understand what is the purpose of it
Don't be mad, KRAai, you are above all this.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018
I have watched too much hentai, for sure.

You are correct.
well the guy just tweeted article that has the same source just has alt-right in the title?!

The Punisher costume designer Lorraine Calvert described him as "Alt-Right." Stewart had this to say about his character.

"On the exterior, he's a man who is a Christian Fundamentalist who had a rage, a violent side of him. It's buried deep. I think where this is all headed, that sort of side of him is going to resurface a bit."​
Alt-Right is known as a pretty vague term that basically applies to individuals on the extreme right who reject mainstream conservatism. Instead, they favor forms of conservatism that embrace white supremacy, either implicitly or explicitly. The term has come up a lot over the past two years with many on the Alt-Right being vocal supporters of President Donald Trump. It's doubtful that The PunisherSeason 2's John Pilgrim will be a Trump supporter on the show as to avoid controversy.

In an interview from January of this year, Jon Bernthal condemned the Alt-Right for using The Punisher skull logo and flag as propaganda for their movement. While the actor is ok with the U.S. military gravitating towards the symbolism, and identifying with Frank Castle, his views on the Alt-Right go in the opposite direction, simply stating, 'F--- them', when addressing the more hateful members of the group. It sounds very plausible that the show is going with an Alt-Right Christian Fundamentalist as its villain to help get some distance between Frank Castle and the movement. Perhaps its a bit of revenge on the show's part. It's been made clear that Jon doesn't want his Marvel comics character to be identified with the Alt Right movement.

You are not answering the question, KRAai.

I'll make you another one. Do you ever think there's a show that is SJW? Or you just simply don't believe that any show can have a far left political agenda?

Maybe that's why you are so triggered, maybe you can't even process the plausability of any form of cultural media being filled with SJW propaganda, despite the recent explosion of it.

But hey, I will still love you regardless, KRAai.

WHAT? Repeat those questions and I would answer them, please.

But only if you answer mines.

Don't be mad, KRAai, you are above all this.
what?! i did answer your questions
you did not
and if you want to answer them just read them they are stil there
also i was pretty specific what triggers me so you don't have to guess what is triggering me here
i see you are not really interested in explaining to me
what is the point of this sjw alt right noise? (especially before the show is out)
even if all you write is true and punisher has anti alt right agenda
what about it ?
what are the consequences of this dead show having alt right villain?
do you see these questions ?

also yeah i belive that shows can have different agendas
it's actually quite natural that the writters or runners or actors of the show
well what they think is somehow reflected in their work

do i think that a show by netflix made buy hundreds of people
has one hidden or not so hidden agenda to (well i don't even know what
that's why i was asking these questions) let's say shit on alt-right?
not really

but even if that's true it's fucking comic book show
let say i watch a show that has like reigious agenda
if whole show is only that i will probably quit watching pretty quick
if the show has some other things going on that i enjoy
well i may ignore religious messages
or finish and decide well shame they fucked up show like that
if it is done well i will get some other perspective
perspective of people that belive in god
it won't probably make me go to church
and what are you affraid of ?
that too many shows with sjw agenda (assuming there are shows that only goal is that)
and you will have to change forums to resetera?

Jun 24, 2007
Methinks you guys doth protest too much.

What, y'all start seeing SJW boogeymen under your beds and in your closets? Give me a break. According to you guys, "the leftists" are the ones who are supposed to be all fragile and snowflakey regarding media they haven't even seen yet, while shitting all over an independent artist's freedom of expression.

Don't be snowflake hypocrites. It's not a good look, and people won't take you seriously.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/layn...v-twitter-outrage-mobs.1470447/post-253685288

Congratulations, you're now the new Neogaf Strawman Heavyweight Champion of 2019, hopefully your reign will last longer than 6 days.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I think your joke/sarcasm detector is broken.
Are you not familiar with the @Dude Abides schtick? He's attempting to mimic anti-SJWs. He's projecting what he thinks they believe onto them as he mocks them, which is what @oagboghi2 is responding to. Yes, @Dude Abides genuinely believes that anti-SJWs think that Punisher can't kill white people, only brown people. It's part of his programming.

Feb 6, 2012
What Netflix originals (besides the anime I guess) aren't woke? Their shows are incredibly predictable politics wise, and this punisher direction isn't a surprise. This is the same show that had a forced conservative sterotype and a PTSD character straight out of the Hollywood cliche book

Of course the big bad guy is a "alt right" christian. Who else would they dare criticize?
You can always have the "Russian Mafia".

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
What Netflix originals (besides the anime I guess) aren't woke? Their shows are incredibly predictable politics wise, and this punisher direction isn't a surprise. This is the same show that had a forced conservative sterotype and a PTSD character straight out of the Hollywood cliche book

Of course the big bad guy is a "alt right" christian. Who else would they dare criticize?
LOL.

If you think everything on Netflix is woke then I honestly feel sorry for you.

Everyone is out to get you! Lock your doors!

I’m not list everything on Netflix that’s not “woke.” Thats clownshoes nonsense.

You’re Wrong.

In my humble opinion this is BadGAF.

What does it take to be considered non-woke? You could take literally anything I list and comb through to find any one line or one scene that hints at anything non-MAGA aligned in any slight or even unintentional way and call it woke.

It’s just such a joyless outlook. Just let entertainment be entertaining. Netflix isn’t coming to destroy everything you love.

The damn libs!!!!! They’re in my damn TV ahhhhh noooooooo! SJWs in my backyard, hiding in the trees?!!!??!!?!?!

“Ma, there’s a Netflix in the window!”
“Hide, Billy!”

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2009
LOL.

If you think everything on Netflix is woke then I honestly feel sorry for you.

Everyone is out to get you! Lock your doors!

I’m not list everything on Netflix that’s not “woke.” Thats clownshoes nonsense.

You’re Wrong.

In my humble opinion this is BadGAF.

What does it take to be considered non-woke?
Indeed, lol.

Apr 9, 2009
Isnt the Punisher himself, the good guy, a white guy? So the premise has nothin to do bout race.

And as for christianity, leftists are the same ones who say not to judge all the followers of a religion by the extremists. You may be surprised that many leftists in the Americas and Europe are christians/catholics themselves.

Nov 5, 2016
I gotta hand if TheQuartering. He’s brilliant at capitalizing on people who can’t wait to be upset at someone/something.

I thought his video on the Insomniac dude was master trolling, but this is even better.

I find it interesting that channels like his get their own threads for op-ed material like this. Imagine if I made threads regarding Young Turks videos. They are all basically one in the same. Equals on polar sides of a spectrum.

Edit

I’m LOLing at the wording of the OP again....

“Political rape”

Cmon

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017
Isnt the Punisher himself, the good guy, a white guy? So the premise has nothin to do bout race.

And as for christianity, leftists are the same ones who say not to judge all the followers of a religion by the extremists. You may be surprised that many leftists in the Americas and Europe are christians/catholics themselves.
I'd go as far as saying that most religious people in my country are very left leaning (That I know anyway)

Dec 3, 2013
I gotta hand if TheQuartering. He’s brilliant at capitalizing on people who can’t wait to be upset at someone/something.

I thought his video on the Insomniac dude was master trolling, but this is even better.

I find it interesting that channels like his get their own threads for op-ed material like this. Imagine if I made threads regarding Young Turks videos. They are all basically one in the same. Equals on polar sides of a spectrum.

Edit

I’m LOLing at the wording of the OP again....

“Political rape”

Cmon
To be honest, nothing is stopping you from making one about the content you want to share.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Jun 26, 2007
Best Coast
Are you not familiar with the @Dude Abides schtick? He's attempting to mimic anti-SJWs. He's projecting what he thinks they believe onto them as he mocks them, which is what @oagboghi2 is responding to. Yes, @Dude Abides genuinely believes that anti-SJWs think that Punisher can't kill white people, only brown people. It's part of his programming.
I am familiar with it, and it's pretty funny. Hyperbole and parody to make a point in a humorous way is an effective form of persuasion. Or mocking.

You're the one who endorsed teasing/mocking as an effective form of social feedback in that other thread. What happened to all that? It goes both ways, ya know.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I am familiar with it, and it's pretty funny. Hyperbole and parody to make a point in a humorous way is an effective form of persuasion. Or mocking.

You're the one who endorsed teasing/mocking as an effective form of social feedback in that other thread. What happened to all that? It goes both ways, ya know.
Did I say he should stop? Simply pointing out that you seem to have misinterpreted it as sarcasm in your criticism of @oagboghi2.

Teasing/mocking are important social mechanisms provided they’re based in truth. Is his schtick based in truth? Generally not as it’s typically directed towards giant strawmen.

Nov 5, 2016
Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix

Here.

Here’s your list of Netflix Original content.

I would say barely 1 out of 10 productions are “woke.”

Your move.

Out of some ridiculous things I’ve read on GAF, “all Netflix content is woke” has to be up there amongst the reaches of all reaches.
How does it look if you filter it down to the last 2 years? I’ve sensed a huge shift since the election. I don’t think the wokeness was anywhere near as prolific before.

Jan 5, 2012
Even Netflix originals anime has some elements added to it and You can notice tone/heroes are slightly diffrent to shows made purely for Japan.

Mar 12, 2013
Buddhists are committing atrocities in the name of religion in Sri Lanka and Myanmar. Hindus are committing violence and atrocities in the name of religion in India.
The Burmese regime is not committing atrocities out of religious reasons, they are brutal against anyone who goes against them. The buddhist/animist Karen people have been getting the same treatment for decades. And while there are indeed a lot of extremist, violent hindus in India I've yet to see them carry the kind of worldwide terrorist attacks seen from radical muslims.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
Dec 6, 2017
OP's head would explode if he read God Loves, Man Kills.
The Quartering would have to make a video about it for TC to know. Never mind the extremist Christian villain trope is something that's pretty ancient in terms of TV/cinema. But hey, I guess thought police gotta police. Fuck creative freedom, Jon's feels are getting boo-boos from this.
That dude is pure reactionary cringe.
Just like TC, then :D