• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Purity Test

Thurible

As a Catholic myself I can appreciate the discipline required for this but man in view of Matthew 19:10-12 are you sure you shouldn't pursue a priestly or monastic vocation?
I've thought about it but I am afraid my anxiety and somewhat anti-socializing behaviors (I am the kind of guy who tries his best to avoid people until absolutely necessary. However, don't misunderstand when I say I always try to be courteous and kind when approaching others) would be detrimental in a vocation that requires the attention and care of many different people. Living in a sort of isolated community sounds nice, but I also am afraid of not comparing up to the others there and not being able to truly socialize with people if I ever desire to. I am seeing if I can court by conversing with a young lady on catholic match, but I have a feeling that this endeavor may ultimately be fruitless. Do I truly want another person in my life when I can't understand myself or devote myself to them? I feel the yearnings of passion from time to time so I wonder if this biological urge is some kind of indicator, but this exists within all men. In any case, I am making a few efforts to befriend others and know myself. I wouldn't be surprised if I were to remain single.

I have never had sexual relations due to my own resolve, but most importantly it is my utter ignorance of others that is the prime factor. I have never truly approached someone I fancy. A woman would have to approach me. Even then, I have on a few instances asked a young aquantice I had a crush on to a few friend dates and most of the time I was blown off. A part of me would like to "hang" with a girl, but that doesn't seem feasible to me personally. Sometimes I wonder if I have ever been the object of interest.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
34, pretty poor score for an Australian.

5c8ab0df033b7f3adadcb59989283036.png

Good question :messenger_smirking:

I've thought about it but I am afraid my anxiety and somewhat anti-socializing behaviors (I am the kind of guy who tries his best to avoid people until absolutely necessary. However, don't misunderstand when I say I always try to be courteous and kind when approaching others) would be detrimental in a vocation that requires the attention and care of many different people. Living in a sort of isolated community sounds nice, but I also am afraid of not comparing up to the others there and not being able to truly socialize with people if I ever desire to. I am seeing if I can court by conversing with a young lady on catholic match, but I have a feeling that this endeavor may ultimately be fruitless. Do I truly want another person in my life when I can't understand myself or devote myself to them? I feel the yearnings of passion from time to time so I wonder if this biological urge is some kind of indicator, but this exists within all men. In any case, I am making a few efforts to befriend others and know myself. I wouldn't be surprised if I were to remain single.

I have never had sexual relations due to my own resolve, but most importantly it is my utter ignorance of others that is the prime factor. I have never truly approached someone I fancy. A woman would have to approach me. Even then, I have on a few instances asked a young aquantice I had a crush on to a few friend dates and most of the time I was blown off. A part of me would like to "hang" with a girl, but that doesn't seem feasible to me personally. Sometimes I wonder if I have ever been the object of interest.
You may not like me but just some friendly advice, just sitting there and waiting for the right girl ain’t gonna do you any favors. Truth be told dating is all a numbers game, think of it this way. It’s like shoveling though shit to get to the diamond. You will be regejected and you will most likely lose relationships.

But one day the right Christian girl is gonna come in your life and you need to make the move or else you will be wondering “what if” and that my freind is the worst feeling. Everyone has the confidence and tools to put themselves out there, and I believe in you because I used to be the shyest sack of shit around.

Last edited:

So I was pretty young and found that if you wiggle a dogs cock it does that automatic humping motion, and as a kid I found this hilarious. So I wanted to show my friend, I started to wank the dog until (I’m not sure if it was precum or not) it leaked over my hand and I thought it was piss. My friend was in hysterics and I washed my hand off. I never did it again after.

So I was pretty young and found that if you wiggle a dogs cock it does that automatic humping motion, and as a kid I found this hilarious. So I wanted to show my friend, I started to wank the dog until (I’m not sure if it was precum or not) it leaked over my hand and I thought it was piss. My friend was in hysterics and I washed my hand off. I never did it again after.
I shouldn’t have asked

Thurible

You may not like me
Why wouldn't I like you? Is it because of the masturbation comment? You seem like a nice guy. The fact that you are giving me advice and are having a discussion with me is testament to that.

some friendly advice, just sitting there and waiting for the right girl ain’t gonna do you any favors. Truth be told dating is all a numbers game, think of it this way. It’s like shoveling though shit to get to the diamond. You will be regejected and you will most likely lose relationships.

But one day the right Christian girl is gonna come in your life and you need to make the move or else you will be wondering “what if” and that my freind is the worst feeling. Everyone has the confidence and tools to put themselves out there, and I believe in you because I used to be the shyest sack of shit around
Maybe. Should I really just approach a pretty girl and be that upfront? I feel like I could be getting in their way. I think I would come up as creepy and interrupt whatever they are doing. I appreciate the advice though. I have applied it to the catholic match person and have asked her on some kind of date (I am not interrupting anything, I think?). She seems receptive to that idea so far.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Maybe. Should I really just approach a pretty girl and be that upfront? I feel like I could be getting in their way. I think I would come up as creepy and interrupt whatever they are doing. I appreciate the advice though. I have applied it to the catholic match person and have asked her on some kind of date (I am not interrupting anything, I think?). She seems receptive to that idea so far.

It's not creepy to talk to people unless you do it in a creepy way. Respect signals and boundaries if someone demonstrates that they're not interested, and don't look at everything in terms of romantic interest and potential dates and err marriage or whatever your prospective long-term outlook is. You need to practice your social skills and gain experience, so strike up casual conversations as you go about your day. Make plans with friends regularly, and when you meet people who are receptive to you, consider inviting them along. If you don't have friends you hang out and do things with, start there. Try meetup.com for people who share your interests, reach out to people socially at church, strike up some new activities and hobbies if you don't have any and talk to people around you when you do.

Start with the basics. Your waifu will enter the picture eventually.

It's not creepy to talk to people unless you do it in a creepy way. Respect signals and boundaries if someone demonstrates that they're not interested, and don't look at everything in terms of romantic interest and potential dates and err marriage or whatever your prospective long-term outlook is. You need to practice your social skills and gain experience, so strike up casual conversations as you go about your day. Make plans with friends regularly, and when you meet people who are receptive to you, consider inviting them along. If you don't have friends you hang out and do things with, start there. Try meetup.com for people who share your interests, reach out to people socially at church, strike up some new activities and hobbies if you don't have any and talk to people around you when you do.

Start with the basics. Your waifu will enter the picture eventually.
Hit the nail on the head here Evil

Ar¢tos

26... Basically everything sexual except hicky and str8 stuff (pregnancy) was yes, but since I don't drink or do drugs, it "raised" my score.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

Many variations of the question "were you ever sexually active" I must say.
Where did you get this idea from? I haven't even touched anyone, why would I touch myself?
I have bolded the answer to the question in your posting. Touching yourself when not touching others helps lowering your risk of prostate cancer :).

crowbrow

Banned

b8a.jpg

I'm surprised at the high scores. Come on people, some degeneracy once in a while is fun as long as it doesn't become your lifestyle.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
35, but a lot of that was from my youth -- like the substance use questions. Also, if you're married a lot of these "yes" answers become much more mundane. Slept in the same bed with a member of the preferred sex? Yes, all the time.

I_D

Quoting, cause this one definitely cannot be forgotten.

Some of you guys, though... You haven't lived!
None of those questions were very daring, and so many of you have missed out on fantastic life experiences.
Expand your boundaries, guys. Take the leap.

Top Bottom