• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Real Problem With Bioware and Bungie, and Greed

just tray

They assumed that they would be in a better position after making Xbox exclusives. They would have been better off sticking around with what Phil Spencer’ has turned Xbox into.

Look at Andromeda. Look at Anthem. Look at Destiny. Microsoft mostly stays away from loot box land and Microtransactions and , good dlc content alone would offset pay to play. I am sure that Halo Infinite will turn many heads at E3 and the new engine is a trend setter built upon next gen hardware. I’m favt, they future proofed the engine, it’s scalable but that’s another story.

Back on subject, Ubisoft is thriving and you know why? They for the most part make awesome games and is probably the top developer this gen. I love Far Cry 5 though the story is lackluster. I love Assassins Creed Oddesey and the direction with rpg (modernization) the series is going.

Far Cry 5 wasn’t Battlefield and is really a single player game with awesome map making tools. If only it had PC crossplay for that feature....
I do like BFV btw but it’s reslly the forced politics that make it a good but not game as well as being rushed to market. Blame Firestorm? That’s the best thing with Apex you have going, EA. The single player feels average at best. Nothing keeps you coming back. Multiplayer is a blast and is better than the launch state of BFIV. But it’s EA, they will ditch support for next gen.

Ninetendo is still around and with their own market that is everyone and they gain support while we lol at a Black Ops 5.

Trying to monetize RD2 was a failure. Look at the online world. It’s pretty said as GTA V took off based on core gameplay and the monetization came after. Achievement unlocked, went share holder mode.

It’s greed and at the end of the day developers releasing unfinished products ruin their product. You would think that Activision would have learned a lesson from Tony Hawk. That’s the path Call of Duty is going. I give it three years on the current path. Attaching Black Ops to the title is not enough.

Whatever happened to it being about the gamer and not the share holder? Take care of us and if production is on point we all together share a masterpieve.

I also hold Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony responsible. They allow this disgusting behavior. Whatever happened to standards? Even the back in the day Nintendo Seal of Quality scam didn’t allow unfinished games to be released. Why are these people allowed unlimited patches? Fortnite, though I don’t play it gets patches but the majority of it is content which brings us to the why the mistreatment of workers? Must be that China buying of shock as you apply their laws to Fortnite. There are labor laws and you should tread carefully, Epic, your entire show can with scandal be national attention and Fortnite be no more. Stop with the forced overtime and abide by labor laws.

Fortnite is great. I like how it grows the game industry. Everyone trying to be the next Fortnite but fail so because of greed. Why you think Apwx Legends is cool?

#GamersUnite

Rant over but I hope you all get the point.

Ar¢tos

jeTSavg_d.jpg

Frizzie

Banned
This is the type of post I could make (and probably do).

There's a point in there somewhere, about I think, just making good quality finished games with good value DLC and publishers using this as their business model. I'm not sure about the title though?

Hopefully OP can return and refine it a bit as obviously some effort was put in.

Last edited:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I believe this is an anit-GAAS OP and I can agree with that sentament to some extent. There is a place for GAAS games but I believe they should only be f2p titles like fortnite, LOL, Black Desert, etc. Not every title should be GAAS.

Charging full price for GAAS games is reprehensible to me. The Division 2 is the only Full Price GAAS game I felt was actually worth the starting price.

Daymos

I think you had a long conversation with yourself in your head and then forgot to tell us half of it.

For the past few years I've mostly played Japanese games (including alot of retro stuff) and I kind of feel like I've avoided most of controversy and greed bullcrap. It all seems centered around western gaming and (somewhat) competitive online multiplayer stuff that I just don't ever play.

Last edited:

T.v

I'd say the problem is just all around incompetence. You can shift the blame around, or look for a dozen different reasons why a game failed but at the end of the day it just comes down to incompetence on a large scale.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If you delay Battlefield 5 it's a whole other story but its always clanking with COD on the schedule, they have to debug these games, I don't know if Nintendo will pursue Call of Duty or Battlefield, but they have to recalibrate how they approach the 3RD party market. Battlefield and COD can fit into Nintendo's Switch EASILY. But SONY and Microsoft are looking in different directions than Nintendo and runs miles in the graphics, power departments.

just tray

Because if we want your opinion we will give it to you. The nerve of some of you commenting whose own brains can’t form complete sentences and I seen some of your threads. Don’t tell me what I will,post or should say I will say and post whatever I want if you don’t like it scroll along.

Anyways, Why is Microsoft and Sony allowing these practices? It’s not all on the developer or studio. A Mass Effect worked just fine under the unreal engine and then Frosbite happened.

If you went by NeoGaf they would say Gortnite is trash, Shenmnue is the best game ever (it’s really trash) and etc. That’s called opinion and last time I checked we are all entitled to opinions.

What I should have taken more time to structure my paragraphs? I was pointing out obvious problems being addressed by many throughout the gaming community and that’s it. Started with Bioware and Bibgie but expanded.

If your brains aren’t on small to realize that nothing really sticks one hundred percent to a title then you must have poor reading habits or never made it beyond a Dr. Seus book. Even in those nooos you would see that it wasn’t just about a Cat in a hat. That’s for all the lames thinking it makes them look intelligent by calling out someone else’s intelligence. Please. When I take my time to write it’s read by many and this is just NeoGaf. I am known to write the news as an activist before anyone else speaks it so your comments are irrelevant.

Obviously some are incapable of carrying on a conversation

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
If your brains aren’t on small to realize that nothing really sticks one hundred percent to a title then you must have poor reading habits or never made it beyond a Dr. Seus book. Even in those nooos you would see that it wasn’t just about a Cat in a hat. That’s for all the lames thinking it makes them look intelligent by calling out someone else’s intelligence. Please. When I take my time to write it’s read by many and this is just NeoGaf. I am known to write the news as an activist before anyone else speaks it so your comments are irrelevant.
Let's all enjoy this paragraph for a moment

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Because if we want your opinion we will give it to you. The nerve of some of you commenting whose own brains can’t form complete sentences and I seen some of your threads. Don’t tell me what I will,post or should say I will say and post whatever I want if you don’t like it scroll along.

Anyways, Why is Microsoft and Sony allowing these practices? It’s not all on the developer or studio. A Mass Effect worked just fine under the unreal engine and then Frosbite happened.

If you went by NeoGaf they would say Gortnite is trash, Shenmnue is the best game ever (it’s really trash) and etc. That’s called opinion and last time I checked we are all entitled to opinions.

What I should have taken more time to structure my paragraphs? I was pointing out obvious problems being addressed by many throughout the gaming community and that’s it. Started with Bioware and Bibgie but expanded.

Obviously some are incapable of carrying on a conversation
4ce.gif

zeorhymer

I think I know what you're trying to get at, but unfortunately, the examples you give doesn't support your point across. Yes, there are micro-transactions everywhere, but as long as they're not in your face or pay to win, then there's no "issue." (I'm going to avoid gambling and addictive tendencies to make the argument simpler.)

After reading the OP again, there's a gripe about chasing trends, forced politics, releasing unfinished games, China,

After reading it some more...I got, got...

just tray

And that’s why gaming is what it is and why it’s headed down the road it is. When they make major games a full subscription service..... that’s coming. Greed only negate more greed.

See that’s how you form an intelligent response. Lack of IQ = memes and character assaults.

Must be liberals. The inability to form intelligent thoughts is very revealing.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
what is happening

giphy.gif

Even if OP actually had a point to make, imagine holding up a single player game where they intentionally slowed down the leveling to sell an XP boost as an example of good practices

Last edited:
Top Bottom