• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "return" of Final Fantasy X (PS3, VITA) still in early sevelopment stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chev

I still don't understand why of all FF titles, Square decided to remake this. It's too recent to warrant a remake, seriously. And that's not even the biggest issue, there are FF titles preceding it that are much more worthy of a remake. SMH.

It's because it's still one of their best sellers, and the easiest one to remake since it looks fine with just an uprez. The previous ones would necessitate overhauling the content itself.

haha, FF news threads always devolve into arguments about the series.

XII is great. I hope like crazy we get a XII HD with the international content.

Meg Ryan also needs an hd remake

I still don't understand why of all FF titles, Square decided to remake this. It's too recent to warrant a remake, seriously. And that's not even the biggest issue, there are FF titles preceding it that are much more worthy of a remake. SMH.

It was incredibly popular here in Japan and made quite a bit of cash for SE. Assuming they don't make a ton of changes, it's the least likely game to need major alternations given its already 'realistic' look. Even if they gave it a full remake visually, they wouldn't have to alter much/if any of the script to make it work. Changing the older games risks backlash, something I'm sure SE wants to avoid right now.

In general, it's also a favorably looked upon entry in the series (ignoring some bad VA work in the west).

And the timing works out right to boot.

Haunted

No one is casting the joker for the female lead in your average romcom

Meg-Ryan-plastic-surgery.jpg
Goldie Hawn 2.0

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol cry more

seriously though, it's because it's a PS2 game and there's a well-established precedent of there being an existing process for uprezzing PS2 games, and they'd be able to make it (and even add some tweaks/modifications) without having to remodel every single monster and NPC and stuff. FFX-2 and FFXII are very, very likely to get the same treatment.

I hope so, and it better be the International version. It's the only "HD remake" of Final Fantasy PS2 era that I want. So fuck Meg Ryan X. :|

RPGCrazied

It would require way more work to remaster the PS1 games. I don't see them doing that, ever. Unless X HD sells more than they expect, but then I think they will just HD X-2 and XII.

I would pay a high price for HD versions of all three PS2 FFs if they were each the International version.

Especially FFX-2, which added RIDICULOUS amounts of content. FFXII:I's major tweaks to the battle system sound pretty goddamn awesome too, though.

I'm still really hoping that Squeenix will follow suit with the Kingdom Hearts series fairly soon (including RE:CoM and maybe even Birth By Sleep - which, let's not forget, won't be playable on Vita in its PSP version).

Likelihood of touch support for Vita? The whole battle system and levelling system is menu based.

I do wonder how much effort they are putting into this. Hop.fully it has a simultaneous worldwide release, given that its already been localised once.

0 HP

If they made Tidus/Yuna/Seymour more likeable and added an overworld, I would be there day 1. This was far from my favorite FF, but I don't think it would take much for me to enjoy it again.

If they made Tidus/Yuna/Seymour more likeable and added an overworld, I would be there day 1. This was far from my favorite FF, but I don't think it would take much for me to enjoy it again.

Adding an overworld would be really hard, unless you just mean changing the airship map to something in which you could fly over terrain but still only warp back to certain save points.

Satoho

Banned
Guys, please try to remember how the FFVII Tech Demo made you drool for a PS3. Remember how the sales changed. What about now?

The Vita is coming out... I am not gonna fall for another tease by Square Enix again. I will wait for the product to be in my hands before I cry tears of Joy.

Guys, please try to remember how the FFVII Tech Demo made you drool for a PS3. Remember how the sales changed. What about now?

The Vita is coming out... I am not gonna fall for another tease by Square Enix again. I will wait for the product to be in my hands before I cry tears of Joy.

What does this even mean? A HD remake of X has been confirmed. That tech demo was a tech demo and sony made no illusions that it was going to be a game.

btkadams

Likelihood of touch support for Vita? The whole battle system and levelling system is menu based.

I do wonder how much effort they are putting into this. Hop.fully it has a simultaneous worldwide release, given that its already been localised once.

touch support is 100% likely. final fantasy 1-3 on iOS is all touch-based and it's actually implemented really well (touch the enemy you want to attack or touch their name in the menu list).

touch support is 100% likely. final fantasy 1-3 on iOS is all touch-based and it's actually implemented really well (touch the enemy you want to attack or touch their name in the menu list).
What other option would there be on iOS? There's no buttons there.

Only touch I see on Vita FFX is something to make up for L2/R2. That is if those buttons were even used in the original game, I can't even remember.

btkadams

Only touch I see on Vita FFX is something to make up for L2/R2. That is if those buttons were even used in the original game, I can't even remember.

obviously none, but i was explaining how square did a good job of it on the ios versions of final fantasy so chances are high they'd implement it into the battle system on the vita. it works exceptionally better than using the menus with a d-pad and buttons.

I think they were used to switch between character pages for status screen/equipment screen/Sphere Grid. Nothing a simple finger swipe couldn't do equally well.

Aurizen

hi guys I seen an interview on this site about KH 3 and i emailed the guy who did the interview and I asked about Final Fantasy X HD and he told me this:

db3f04a9a4d55c5b734b393daf7f7448.png

I did notice the spelling errors but the guy is french just to put that out there for his spelling errors.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
FFDream is a French website.

Yes, I'm French and I don't write like that. Rest assured, that site is manned by a 5 year-old who just learned copy & paste, no more, no less.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yes, I'm French and I don't write like that. Rest assured, that site is manned by a 5 year-old who just learned copy & paste, no more, no less.
Er. I said that while implying that the person is an ESL speaker with a moderate grasp of English syntax and morphology.

I didn't intend to knock anyone.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
First off, that site is the same one that made those Versus XIII fakes.

Second, you bumped this thread so I'm locking it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom