• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Road to PS5: Official Stream

ethomaz

Mar 19, 2013
Brazil
This will be one of the hilariously biggest fails ever if the road to ps5 is just cerny giving his life story
That is what the GDC is... a talk about how you choose the PS5 tech.
See how he talk about EDRAM + DDR3 was an option but ended with GDDR5.

nani17

May 3, 2018
Please remember it's they are meant to be talking about the architecture it won't be like MS
Also, post your age when you argue over Tflops :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

SGRU

May 10, 2011
Madrid, Spain
if it’s 11 or higher I’ll be content

I’m preparing myself for a minor letdown
Microsoft will have a 299 cheap console around 5 TFLOPS and then the X at 599.

PS5 will be in the middle with 399 and 9 TFLOPS. It will sell double as much as the two Xbox combined.

One year and a half after that, Sony drops the PS5 Pro with 14 TFLOPS.

Everything is under control.

DryvBy

May 10, 2009
USA
www.youtube.com
whats this tflop shit all about? can someone explain (honest quesion)
It's stupid and the "common core" equivalent to tech. Just some crap people pretend they know what it means. You can come up with Flops several different ways because it's calculated with a formula.

You can have a blazing fast 12TFLOP or a slow pos 12TFLOP because it's calculated using number of cores x speed x floating points (don't bother researching this) divided by 1 trillion or billion. So if you have like 3000 cores with slow speeds, that can equal 1500 cores with faster speeds. It's a gimmick for idiots.

Go with pure specs. That's all that really matters.