• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Road to PS5: Official Stream

sublimit

Banned
7e6ea88ed633195099dc4dd1157ffc1b.jpg

Shin

Banned
Sadly, this will probably be just a boring tech talk and nothing else.
Cerny is a good speaker, I just hope they don't bullshit people with "supercharged PC".
Games will probably be through some State of Play, not needed ATM honestly as we still have 7-8 months to go.

I am ready to see a bunch of information and nod and eye brow raise like I get it, but I won’t understand it. Then look here to see if it’s bad or good

Meowzers

A small 'ray trace' of light on what is predominantly a dark day around the world.

Looking forward to this.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Godfall as the poster child for a lot of the tech demos similar to Knack during PS4 reveal. But I doubt we will see any crazy announcements for games, most likely very small teases if even that.

Last edited:

Dontero

Banned
What if it is a flop?

Like how their PS4 Pro reveal was...

Seriously

FLOP is Floating Operations per Second. In programming there are 3 kinds of mathematical variables: Integers, Float and Strings.

Integers or INTs are 1,2,3,4
Floats or FL are 1.01, 1.03 etc.
Strings are ... strings: "I made breakfast today"

Graphics cards measure performance in FLOPS because most of GPU work is in floats. Floats are way more harder to crunch numbers which is why GPUs exist.

Now 12TF =/= 12TF is not absolute because just math operation tells you nothing about final outcome as there are various way to arrange math operations, cashe, architecture etc.

Which is why Microsoft 12 TF is more than Sony 12TF. Which is why Sony needs to get 20TF to match MS 12TF.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
FLOP is Floating Operations per Second. In programming there are 3 kinds of mathematical variables: Integers, Float and Strings.

Integers or INTs are 1,2,3,4
Floats or FL are 1.01, 1.03 etc.
Strings are ... strings: "I made breakfast today"

Graphics cards measure performance in FLOPS because most of GPU work is in floats. Floats are way more harder to crunch numbers which is why GPUs exist.

Now 12TF =/= 12TF is not absolute because just math operation tells you nothing about final outcome as there are various way to arrange math operations, cashe, architecture etc.

Which is why Microsoft 12 TF is more than Sony 12TF. Which is why Sony needs to get 20TF to match MS 12TF.
lol lol lol. He meant flop as a failure and not ONE teraflop :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Codes 208

CHOO CHOO! Thanks to everyone who participated in the HYPETRAIN. We are officially SOLD OUT!

Sit back, relax and enjoy the show. It's gonna be a wild ride.

Driver: Mark Cerny
Passengers: 250

D8YZVgR.jpg

EDIT: Thank you so much whoever gifted me GOLD. Mucho Appreciado!!
Woah, i wouldnt mind a ticket aboard the hype train (id add myself, but im currently at work)

Top Bottom