• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rock Picks His Top Choice to Play Shazam, Armie Hammer

Man, whenever I think about Black Adam now I get the hankering to try a chocolate egg cream.

This was a dumbass move. Was it a didio decision? Whenever I think of "Boneheaded DC ideas" I think of him.

Him or Johns, I think. They handwaved it with some 'everyone who knows him call hims Shazam' nonsense.

Still frustrates me they haven't actually confirmed any cast members outside of the Rock. No Wizard, no Cap/Shazam, no Billy Batson. Makes me worry they'll just drop any pretense and make a Black Adam movie.

That said, I'm onboard with the Cena fan casting. Mostly because it works with the old idea that Billy's transformed state was based on his ideal of adulthood - American boy looks up to a combination of a wrestler and Superman, go figure - while also providing two highly experienced stunt professionals for the big brawl at the end of the film. Treat it as the ultimate wrestling match, and you have both a unique stylistic choice and the potential for some insane fun.

Marvel will cast the rock starring as Samuel John LaRoquette in a upcoming Marvel movie if DC continue to progress so slowly on Captain Marvel.

Ross61

Him or Johns, I think. They handwaved it with some 'everyone who knows him call hims Shazam' nonsense.

Still frustrates me they haven't actually confirmed any cast members outside of the Rock. No Wizard, no Cap/Shazam, no Billy Batson. Makes me worry they'll just drop any pretense and make a Black Adam movie.

That said, I'm onboard with the Cena fan casting. Mostly because it works with the old idea that Billy's transformed state was based on his ideal of adulthood - American boy looks up to a combination of a wrestler and Superman, go figure - while also providing two highly experienced stunt professionals for the big brawl at the end of the film. Treat it as the ultimate wrestling match, and you have both a unique stylistic choice and the potential for some insane fun.

What part of "they can't call him Captain Marvel anymore" don't yall understand lol?

Marvel will cast the rock starring as Samuel John LaRoquette in a upcoming Marvel movie if DC continue to progress so slowly on Captain Marvel.
Film's coming out in 2019 so it's progressing as usual.....

What part of "they can't call him Captain Marvel anymore" don't yall understand lol?

Film's coming out in 2019 so it's progressing as usual.....
Wait, it's out so soon? I was sure it's not out until 2020 at least. DC announced too many films for me to follow lol. I only know the rock is in the movie and noting else.

They actually can, they just can't title the comics/movies/shows/etc. "Captain Marvel" anymore. The only reason they call him Shazam nowadays is because people kept getting it confused after years of series titled "The Power of Shazam" or the like and DC just said "fuck it."

MisterHero

DC letting go of the "Captain Marvel" name is probably the worst thing they ever did.

He yells "Shazam!" to get his powers. How does it work if he uses it in normal conversation

akira28

go back in time and get Fred MacMurray. He is literally Captain Marvel.

edhr2Nxm.jpg

Top Bottom