• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 'Scribblenauts Avatars' Thread-The artists have left the building

I would be eternally grateful if someone made me a Travis Touchdown avatar w/Beam Sword. already used -_-.

Or Vyse from Skies of Arcadia
4l2d09.jpg

Mashing

Here's a reference pic for my request (I made it in the old thread that was merged with this one). If you don't get around it to, no big deal.

illyria1.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I have messages for several of you!

Captain N said:
I finally thought of which one I would LOVE!! Kevin!
You finally updated the OP, good for you. >:p

Caesar III said:
Tried again:

c3_neku_scribble_big.png
Your actual avatar is showing up as 90x127 now, beware! (limit is 90x120)

jrricky said:
Modified Bayonetta a little:
I -really- don't mean to seem like a jerk, but what program did you make yours in, and did you do any resizing at all before posting? I'm just curious because something strikes me as very odd about the edges, and I almost thought it was an image artifact. In fact, I'd be curious as to what tool people are using. I'm guessing several use Photoshop with maybe a tablet. Is anyone using the GIMP?

Haunted said:
I forgot you even had the Scribble-Red. It's way better than your other avatars, and it gets seen way too rarely now. =(

jrricky

Banned
CaptainN, what did u change about the OP? I wish u linked to reference art of what people posted that they wanted avatars of. Also I think you should add a link to the finished avatars next to the names in the OP if you have time.
Blizzard said:
I -really- don't mean to seem like a jerk, but what program did you make yours in, and did you do any resizing at all before posting? I'm just curious because something strikes me as very odd about the edges, and I almost thought it was an image artifact. In fact, I'd be curious as to what tool people are using. I'm guessing several use Photoshop with maybe a tablet. Is anyone using the GIMP?
Is it the pixellations again? Dunno what's happening or I am missing a step lol. I am using Photoshop with surprisingly a bare mouse cause my tablet isn't working :-/. Any ideas to help make them better is appreciated though.

FSLink

Banned
Masked Man said:
2zxsav4.png

Well, obviously my request is more important because I have the username to match! ;P I take precedence, dammit!
Haha, well I kind of want someone else now, so my request is now yours I suppose.
Change my request to Cyclops from the X-Men. :D
mvc2-cyclops--article_image.jpg

OPTIC BLAST.

Blizzard

Banned
jrricky said:
Is it the pixellations again? Dunno what's happening or I am missing a step lol. I am using Photoshop with surprisingly a bare mouse cause my tablet isn't working :-/. Any ideas to help make them better is appreciated though.
Yeah, are you drawing with a pencil tool at that resolution, then? i.e. totally by hand instead of creating something larger and then shrinking it? Input from the other artists about how they make their edges smooth would be nice.

jrricky

Banned
Blizzard said:
Yeah, are you drawing with a pencil tool at that resolution, then? i.e. totally by hand instead of creating something larger and then shrinking it? Input from the other artists about how they make their edges smooth would be nice.
:lol you got me. Shit, how could I forget that?:lol and I call myself an artist. >_>

Esperado

Blizzard said:

Can't speak for everyone, but I'm just using the plain old path tool to make smooth lines. Right now I'm using gimp, but Photoshop has it as well. When used properly it actually makes it pretty easy to do some really high quality looking stuff. It doesn't really take an artist to make a good looking, aesthetically pleasing drawing like the ones already here. It just takes time, effort, and hopefully some passion.

Lyude77

You know, I was just thinking...it's gonna be really crazy when like 160 people or so have a Scribblenauts avatar. :lol

Crazily awesome and somewhat difficult to remember people, I mean.

Zeep

I know i must be at the bottom of a list of hundreds of requests at this point, but could i get a Dark Samus avatar please?

either of these poses would be sweet.

i want to request a Patrick Willis (49ers) one but i have this damn avatar until football season opens. why did i make that foolish bet with steelers-age? :(

but i wanted to post good job to the dudes doing it, they look awesome!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
A lot of you requested Links, so here's uhh WW Link for one of you to grab. Someone else figure out who gets it!

1t6eis.png

xcvygp.png

Linkhero1

Divvy said:
A lot of you requested Links, so here's uhh WW Link for one of you to grab. Someone else figure out who gets it!

1t6eis.png

xcvygp.png
I wanted a Link, but I'll pass on this. I'm waiting for Minish Cap Link so someone can grab this awesome WW Link. :D

Fireblend

Banned
Divvy said:

1t6eis.png

xcvygp.png
This is some awesome job. Not like I'd ever change my pyro though <3 speaking of which, I wonder how difficult it would be too add a flamethrower or at least a flame gun... :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can we get a single post with all the current avatars in it? :D :D Would really make my day.

pulga

Banned
Divvy said:

1t6eis.png

xcvygp.png

Oh God, that's beautiful <3

I think I'll cry when and if I ever get to see Lennon or any of the other Beatles scribblefied. The artwork is SO good! You gotta hand it to your art leads, Jackson!

GDGF

Soothsayer
I don't know if you guys making the avatars are already professional illustrators or not, but I gotta say, this thread makes one hell of a portfolio! Great work!

Masked Man

I said wow
I apologize for an undoubtedly silly question, but are any of the people creating these wonderful avatars involved with the game's creation, or are they just insanely talented?

jrricky

Banned
Jaroof said:
Sweet, thanks :)
Here it is, Strider:
StriderScribble100X180.png
StriderScribble90X120.png

Masked Man said:
I apologize for an undoubtedly silly question, but are any of the people creating these wonderful avatars involved with the game's creation, or are they just insanely talented?
Well, I would like to call myself a developer.
working on independent game for iPhone
>_>

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me, Divvy. Avatar dimensions changed

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm pretty sure none of us are have any ties to the actual game whatsoever. And most of us are probably artists by trade, (I'm actually a traditional animator). And I'm quite certain all of us are doing this because we love the game and it's just really fun to do this.

EDIT: Jrricky,

Careful, that avatar is too tall, try expanding the width to 90 px

Top Bottom