• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

Revolutionary said:
:lol

You guys might want to get there a bit earlier. It's in the heart of the city, there WILL be a crowd.
Yeah, I'm probably not gonna pull it off but I'm gonna try to head out as early as 6:30 am. Got another friend who isn't a GAF member who's game for the launch event too.

Revolutionary said:
:lol

You guys might want to get there a bit earlier. It's in the heart of the city, there WILL be a crowd.

Haha yeah... my first suggestion had been 10, but someone said (-pxg-?) that it was too early. Either ways, I'll probably be there a little early anyways to scope out the scene.

ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Yeah, I'm probably not gonna pull it off but I'm gonna try to head out as early as 6:30 am. Got another friend who isn't a GAF member who's game for the launch event too.

What time are you planning on reaching there?

EVERYONE GOING TO NINTENDO WORLD STORE:

If everyone would send me a PM with their phone numbers and contact email which they check most frequently, and thus WILL check this evening, I will send an email to everyone with all the contact details. Do it ASAP please. That way even if we are late, we can stay in touch and coordinate. If you dont want to do so, thats fine as well.

jrricky said:
Just so you guys know, I'm not that of an early bird, I will probably be there around 12 - 1.

Might wanna hit it earlier if you're planning on buying a copy. They'll probably sell out pretty quickly

-PXG-

iamcool388 said:
Aiite np... I dont think you should have trouble finding us, but if you do just call one of us from a payphone.

Fuck that :lol

I was at the store last week. I won't have any problem getting there.

Thanks though

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
shaowebb said:
shaowebb
Banned
(Today, 03:08 PM)
Reply | Quote

2capeg.jpg

Diglet

Neo Member
You guys should go at around 9AM.
I went to the Nintendo Power party and I got there a hour and a half early and the line was all the way around the block. You guys should go a lot earlier.

Blizzard

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
Ok we got it, now back on topic ok?
What's your problem with it? :p Considering one of the pirates just posted like TEN SCREENSHOTS FROM AN EMULATOR on the last thread without even using spoilers or links, I'd say it's pretty on topic, no?

I'm gonna have to just abandon this thread until Tuesday, there's no stopping the people posting ROM impressions and people saying "I've read impressions from people playing the game early and I don't want to buy it now". :( At least you can rejoice that I won't be annoying you for that time period. :lol

If it's considered more ontopic, I'm wondering if other people will be wearing their hats around the mall when they pick up the game. I'm very tempted.

Son of Godzilla said:
Lock's Quest didn't get this kind of backlash.

Nobody bought Lock's Quest. :lol

Whatever. I find anti-consumer measures to be really disgusting.

And just think how much more convincing you could be in arguing against them if you saved it for situations where it was relevant instead of defending people for reviewing incomplete builds of the game!

Sega1991 said:
Brushing off somebody's opinion just because they pirated a game is pretty stupid.

No, it's an extremely rational decision if you've actually talked to people who regularly pirate all of their games. It's extremely common for people who are presented with a smorgasboard of content that has no cost to them to undervalue said content and provide rather superficial and often excessively negative reviews because they have no real investment in giving the game a fair shake before moving on to something else.

Historically speaking, the people who post their pirate impressions in the DS threads here on GAF (and there's a ton of them) are much less reliable than the people who actually buy the games.

I don't know if the game is good or not, since I don't have it yet and probably won't for a few more weeks, but I'm doubtful that the average player of a leaked, pirated copy would provide an accurate review if it was.

WowBaby

Blizzard said:
If it's considered more ontopic, I'm wondering if other people will be wearing their hats around the mall when they pick up the game. I'm very tempted.

I'm wearing the hat.:p

poweld

I'm posting this just to let you guys know that I am excited. Thinking we'll show up at around 10AM tomorrow, since I really can't imagine that it'll be an enormous event.

Think I'm gonna start making a list of words to try now (no way I'm looking at the released list) :D

How do I know if my local Toys R Us is holding this $15 deal? Is it every store, I'll call them if I have to but I hate dealing with stupid employees that have no idea what I'm talking about

Jme

Scuba Steve said:
How do I know if my local Toys R Us is holding this $15 deal? Is it every store, I'll call them if I have to but I hate dealing with stupid employees that have no idea what I'm talking about

It's all of them. It's Tuesday only. It's not $15, it full retail price, but you get a $15 gift card.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
-Dac's post of "I am going to make it to the ScribbleLaunch!"-

I'm somewhere in the middle of PA. My brakes just failed on me. I'm at some shady garage waiting on new brake pads and rotors or some shit. Wish me luck, and I hope to see you guys tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone

-PXG-

Diglet said:
You guys should go at around 9AM.
I went to the Nintendo Power party and I got there a hour and a half early and the line was all the way around the block. You guys should go a lot earlier.

Hell naw. I'm not getting my ass up at like 6 to got to NYC dude. :lol

For Muramasa, things didn't get crazy 'til AFTER the even started. If we get there by 10:30 - 10:45, we'll be good. If not, oh well.

Kandinsky said:
Getting this for my kids if it has spanish language option :O

It does. English, Spanish, Portuguese and French

jrricky

Banned
Dacvak said:

I'm somewhere in the middle of PA. My brakes just failed on me. I'm at some shady garage waiting on new brake pads and rotors or some shit. Wish me luck, and I hope to see you guys tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone
:O

And yeah, what PXG said, especially since the weather is so rainy and chilly now.

poweld

Dacvak said:

Sent from my iPhone
Oh man, hope things get worked out. Don't, I repeat, do not barter sexual favors for brake pads in PA.

I'm looking forward to rooster hats. I will put it on my head.

Tiktaalik

According to the webpage, both of the Futureshops in Vancouver have it in stock. This is the first time I can remember in a long time that a game was available before a single review hit the net.

Bizarre.

-PXG-

jrricky said:
:O

And yeah, what PXG said, especially since the weather is so rainy and chilly now.

I'll probably be awake anyway, but I don't want to get there too early, looking like an idiot waiting for ya'll to show up :lol People are going to think I'm a drug dealer or something.

Tiktaalik

I'm very on the edge of getting it but I find it a bit disturbing that basically every preview just says "wow you can like make a keyboard cat appear when you type 'keyboard cat'! That's insane!" and I haven't read anything about actual gameplay.

handofg0d said:
It's all of them. It's Tuesday only. It's not $15, it full retail price, but you get a $15 gift card.

Thank you, I'm gonna be there at 10am and get two copies, then give one of them as a surprise to my girlfriend who will be in school. I got her a DSi and told her about this game and she's super excited. I told her this game got delayed to later this month so she'd have no idea I'd have it for her on Tuesday :D

Scuba Steve said:
Thank you, I'm gonna be there at 10am and get two copies, then give one of them as a surprise to my girlfriend who will be in school. I got her a DSi and told her about this game and she's super excited. I told her this game got delayed to later this month so she'd have no idea I'd have it for her on Tuesday :D

Until she thinks you stole it and calls the police on you. Or she dumps your ass for lying to her.

Nah, she'll probably let you FHUTA

jufonuk

not tag worthy
McBacon said:
Same as every DS/Wii game ever? Because they hate us.

The pain burns inside, what were are sometimes the 2nd biggest games market in the world, but we can still get stuff late awooo

Dacvak said:

Sent from my iPhone

Did Dacvak just suddenly find himself in a Scribblenauts level?

Lothars

I'm amazed Futureshop here has Scribblenauts in stock and says it's on the shelf, so I will be going on my lunch to see if I can pick it up

It would be great if I could get it.

Top Bottom