• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
MNC said:
Mario and Luigi comes out a day before Scribblenauts, I think.

ah, alright. i thought i remembered someone mentioning something about the gift card deals, and one or the other being sunday only.

MNC

beelzebozo said:
ah, alright. i thought i remembered someone mentioning something about the gift card deals, and one or the other being sunday only.
Oh sorry, I have no knowledge on any deals or anything, I just meant the official release dates :< Sorry!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hey guys, I'm in line at Nintendo World right now. I'm a white guy with a black sports jacket and a black tshirt under it. I'm with my tall friend who's wearing a Steelers jersey.

Feel free to approach me with the name "Dac"

:D

Dacvak said:
Hey guys, I'm in line at Nintendo World right now. I'm a white guy with a black sports jacket and a black tshirt under it. I'm with my tall friend who's wearing a Steelers jersey.

Feel free to approach me with the name "Dac"

:D

I got your text.. i'm on my way.

P.S. I'm bringing a camera. :D

beelzebozo said:
Today's the day for the Mario&Luigi gift card, so yea I assume it's out already. Tuesday for Scwibblenuts.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Still in line. They just gave everyone rooster hats!

eznark

Banned
beelzebozo said:
no worries friend.

two awesome ds games and i get a bit anxious myself.
Toys R Us:

Scribblenauts $15 gift card is Tuesday only.

Mario & Luigi RPG $10 gift card is Sunday (today) only.

Dacvak

11w4y2c.jpg

Live pic. I probably won't upload anymore since that was a bitch to do from my iPhone

edit, one sec

edit 2, ok cool

atomsk

Party Pooper
Holy fuck at this line dudes. Will try to up photos to twitpic but tweed is being a bitch atm. /attackslug

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That is so awesome. So, so awesome.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
eznark said:
Toys R Us:

Scribblenauts $15 gift card is Tuesday only.

Mario & Luigi RPG $10 gift card is Sunday (today) only.

thanks man.

just called my TRU and they're digging MARIO & LUIGI out of the back. gonna use the $10 card to snag SCRIBBLENAUTS tuesday, then that gift card for something else. maybe a new wii nunchuk or something (i always break mine playing EA SPORTS ACTIVE)

jrricky

Banned
Dacvak said:
11w4y2c.jpg

Live pic. I probably won't upload anymore since that was a bitch to do from my iPhone

edit, one sec

edit 2, ok cool
Shit. o_O

the normal track for th. Path train went out. Luckily there was another track ready. Was panicing there for a minute...

MNC

Dacvak said:
Still in line. They just gave everyone rooster hats!
PLEASE

I WILL PLAY 10 DOLLARS OR WHATEVER CURRENCY YOU USE AND PAY FOR SHIPPING

Edit:

NO I WILL PAY WHAT YOU WANT (With a limit ofcourse)

Dacvak

This launch is fucking nuts. It's SO big, it's crazy. So far, we got a rooster hat, scrib paper tablet and pen, a scrib yoyo, a starite cupcake, and I'm sure there will be more.

I've been talking with Jeremiah, Edison, and Marius, and they are just mad chill people. 5th Cell is awesome, and this launch is phenomenal. Sucks for all of you who aren't here.

<3

I wish Feep was here. To my knowledge, he and I are the only two GAFers in the game. Writing Feep spawns a robot zombie, and writing Dac spawns a cyclops dude. =D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Reading your post, Dacvak, sent a shrill of excitement down my spine. Is that sad?

Jme

Dacvak said:
writing Dac spawns a cyclops dude. =D

Haha awesome - just curious, what did you do that caused them to put you in? I must have missed that from the old thread.

Dacvak

handofg0d said:
Haha awesome - just curious, what did you do that caused them to put you in? I must have missed that from the old thread.
Months before E3, I was getting really involved with Scribblenauts online. Basically WAY before any excitement. I PM'd Jackson and asked if I could be in. As he said today to the other GAFers, "He was the only one who PM'd me and asked, and I was like... Sure. *laughs*"

All things considered, I'm really lucky these guys are so cool.

Btw, everyone here from GAF says hi!

Dacvak

Jr, we're still here.

More shots live from the event.

1601zjm.jpg

2croj1c.jpg

-PXG-, shinogu, Dac
left, middle, right

this launch is so fun. Jackson says to all of you "Why aren't you here? *laugh*"

Purkake4 said:
Best selling game ever confirmed?

Awesome lines, though.
It's New York City.

There's always a line.

EDIT: And I told you guys that 10:45 was too late. lol
Good thing you guys got there earlier.

I'm back at home... the cake cutting is gonna be at 1, so I asked Dacvak to take a picture of the cake being cut and post it. It should be here soon. Also... pic dump coming soon. :lol

P.S. For those of you who werent at the launch...

you-lose.jpg

Dacvak

I took a huge video of the cake being cut. I'd upload it now, but my iPhone is dying. I'll post later.

I went stealth-GAF. (Actually I wasn't sure if I was going until this morning. Walked by Pizza Pronto a little before 11 and no one was there.) But anyway pics!

P9130521.jpg

Hundreds of people there. Easy.

P9130524.jpg

Scribblenauts madness!

P9130525.jpg

Ha--I suspected these were GAFfers, looks like I was right!

P9130528.jpg

This is a Maxwell cake. Didn't stick around to see him get dismembered.

P9130534.jpg

The guests of honor.

They handed out a bunch of Scribblenauts swag--buttons, Scribblenauts notepad and pencil (nice), Scribblenauts poster, awful-tasting Starite cookies and cupcakes. Very cool and I was quite surprised at the size of the crowd. Still, there seemed to be plenty of copies for everyone and they moved everyone quickly--I got there only a few minutes before 11 and had my copy within 20 minutes.

By the way, got a PM or two about getting signed copies of the game, unfortunately only one signed item per person, sorry.

PICTURES OF THE SCRIBBLENAUTS LAUNCH IN NYC:

The Big Boss!!

4s1nhy.jpg

PXG, me and Shinogu

kebwgh.jpg

5th Cell in the house! From Left-Right, Edison, Jeremiah and Marius!

1zx4ga9.jpg

More coming...

MNC

Dacvak said:
Jr, we're still here.

More shots live from the event.

1601zjm.jpg

2croj1c.jpg

-PXG-, shinogu, Dac
left, middle, right

this launch is so fun. Jackson says to all of you "Why aren't you here? *laugh*"
New York is FAR AWAY FROM THE NETHERLANDS.

Went, met Johan (spelling?), and bought wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much shit. Here are some pics!

eissy.jpg

2nr2by8.jpg

jl30wk.jpg

This event was fucking awesome, props to the team there! I'm so happy I got a chicken hat, as that's what I really wanted!

There's some other cool stuff you can see in my pics that they were handing out, but yeah the maxwell cake was definitely the most awesome thing I saw there.

This cake is NOT a lie.

jgs4mr.jpg

All the Scribblenauts swag!

Clockwise from top left, Scribblenauts YOYO, Rooster hat, writing pad, button and the game... all on top of an awesome Scribblenauts poster! The poster is signed by all the 5th Cellers... Marius, Jeremiah, Edison and Britney!

5y6rsz.jpg

MNC said:
New York is FAR AWAY FROM THE NETHERLANDS.
No excuses, play like a champion. -- Wedding Crashers. :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the launch looks crazy fun. I actually ended up not getting to bed at all until around 9 am, and I was really strongly debating just skipping out on the sleep altogether.

Oh well, it's my loss.

I'll still be grabbing your game in a couple days, Jackson et al. :D

Congrats on what looks like a totally awesome event!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Haha awesome pics man.
This game is freaking amazing btw. Cousin flew in from NY and I've been playing this shit the whole morning. So good.

Jeremiah and I posing with Maxwell!

68antk.jpg

Jeremiah said it took them only 14 months to make the game... from concept to completion! Incredible!
Standing next to the cake, he also said he couldnt wait to stick a knife into Maxwell and murder him. "I made you, I can kill you... I WILL kill you!!" :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: There are TWO BONUS pics... but I wanna post them on the new page... so yeah. Someone say something. :lol

Top Bottom