• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scribblenauts Official Thread of imagination revelations

BONUS PICS TIME!

Obligatory: NeoGAF... BELIEVE!!!

From Left-Right, PXG, Dacvak, Shinogu, Edison, Marius, Jeremiah and me.

2q8rp0l.jpg

Guess what's 5 buildings down from the Nintendo World Store on the SAME FREAKING STREET?

351ijk7.jpg

Hint: Look at the name. :lol

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the story of the Scribblenauts Launch Event. :D

EzLink

Banned
Badass pics everyone!

Let the games begin! Can't wait to start reading and sharing stories about the crazy antics everyone creates :D

And to Jackson... thanks for being so fucking cool dude. You've been awesome to this community :D

SirPenguin said:
Man, incredible amount of pictures. I so wish I could be there!

Yeah dude, it was awesome. I got some stories as well... here's one:

So we are standing in line to get our posters signed, and PXG and I are shooting the breeze, talking about the Wii, old consoles we've owned, relationships, our NeoGAF bannings... just chilling. Shinogu is in front of us, taking a 30 minute fucking video on his new Ipod Nano... and we see a girl go up to 5th Cell with a handmade poster of NeoGAF.

This is the conversation between me and PXG:

Me: WTF HOLY SHIT? A girl with a NeoGAF poster? WTF is going on?
PXG: Yeah there's a bunch of girls at NeoGAF.
Me: We all know there are no girls on the internet, much less on GAF.
PXG: Well Red Scarlet is a girl... and umm...
Me: Isnt Dragona a girl too?
PXG: Yeah... thats two. GAF has two girls, and they're both mods. :lol
Me: Well Kagari is a girl too.
PXG: Wut?
Me: Yeah. And she knows more about Final Fantasy than anyone i've seen. She's hardcore man.
PXG: I know this other chick on GAF who bought 25 grand worth of gaming stuff last year. She's got 5 screens in her room.
Me: o_O
PXG: o_O

Then we brought our attention back to the girl getting the NeoGAF poster signed by 5th cell. (The picture of the poster is on the previous page.) I gave her an incredulous look, because as we all know, there are no girls on NeoGAF. Then we all got excited that not only did we find another Gaffer, but that she made a NeoGAF poster and even got it signed!! We got our posters signed and then I went up and talked to her. This is our conversation, as far as I remember.

Me: Hey... are you from NeoGAF?
Her: No.
Me: Err... you have a NeoGAF poster?
Her: Yeah I have an account there, but I generally dont post there/dont go on it.
Me: Oh ok...

At this point I was gonna ask if I could look at the poster and maybe get a NeoGAF group photo with it, but at that point I had figured out that the conversation was pretty much over. :lol

So the nice lady in purple wearing sunglasses, if you are reading this, I apologize if I came across as scary or creepy. I just wanted a photo with the NeoGAF poster. :lol

mrkgoo

iamcool388 said:

So we are standing in line to get our posters signed, and PXG and I are shooting the breeze, talking about the Wii, old consoles we've owned, relationships, our NeoGAF bannings... just chilling. Shinogu is in front of us, taking a 30 minute fucking video on his new Ipod Nano... and we see a girl go up to 5th Cell with a handmade poster of NeoGAF.

Me: Yeah. And she knows more about Final Fantasy than anyone i've seen. She's hardcore man.
PXG: I know this other chick on GAF who bought 25 grand worth of gaming stuff last year. She's got 5 screens in her room.

Then we brought our attention back to the girl getting the NeoGAF poster signed by 5th cell. (The picture of the poster is on the previous page.) I gave her an incredulous look, because as we all know, there are no girls on NeoGAF. Then we all got excited that not only did we find another Gaffer, but that she made a NeoGAF poster and even got it signed!! We got our posters signed and then I went up and talked to her. This is our conversation, as far as I remember.

Her: Yeah I have an account there, but I generally dont post there/dont go on it.

At this point I was gonna ask if I could look at the poster and maybe get a NeoGAF group photo with it, but at that point I had figured out that the conversation was pretty much over. :lol

So the nice lady in purple wearing sunglasses, if you are reading this, I apologize if I came across as scary or creepy. I just wanted a photo with the NeoGAF poster. :lol

I guess you were creepy. Why would someone have a neogaf poster and use neogaf? A better lie would be to say it's for a friend. lol. Whoever she is is sure to be reading this. OMGhi2u.

Lol I just tried to protect a sandwich from ants with a thunderstorm in Scribblenauts but the storm zapped the sandwich with lightning.

Ramenman

MNC said:
Mario and Luigi comes out a day before Scribblenauts, I think.

WTF WTF WTF I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT MARIO AND LUIGI FUCK FUCK FUCK MY SEPTEMBER MONTH IS SUDDENLY CROWDED OH CRAP WHAT SHALL I EVER DO D:

GregLombardi said:
Lol I just tried to protect a sandwich from ants with a thunderstorm in Scribblenauts but the storm zapped the sandwich with lightning.

D:

GregLombardi said:
My solution for this is my favorite because it's so delightfully mid-century villainous.

I picked up the sandwich, then rode around in the air in a hot air balloon until time ran out.

poweld

Hey guys. Sorry I couldn't stick around longer, I had to go catch a bus... and to be honest, the store's atmosphere tired me out pretty quickly.

I have a few pics to post up tonight. Was great meeting you guys, although briefly.

(Sending from the Bolt bus. <3 bus internets)

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for using spoilers on the solutions guys, this thread is dangerous to read now. :lol

And about girls being there, at least one girl posted earlier and said she'd be there wearing a fedora. And those pictures are cool, it's awesome to see so many hats. :D

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I think I'm going to try going through the game without explosives or god mode weapons as a personal goal.

Powered through the first 11 puzzle levels. Yes, it is quite a joy to just see how many words Objectnaut recognizes. For what it's worth the only word I stumped it with while actually trying to solve a puzzle was "tenderloin".

Maxwell is indeed a bit fiddly to control, but it's not that big a deal so far. Clearly the thinking here was to make the game playable entirely with the stylus, which I agree with. (You can move the camera around with the face buttons too, though.)

Amusing Scribblenauts anecdote #1:
Had to collect three flowers for a girl, one guarded by a bee, another by a pirahna, and a third perched on a high ledge. In an attempt to be kind to animals I summoned a beekeeper thinking he would, I don't know, keep the bee occupied. Well, he did, but only by running in terror from it until the bee cornered him on the left side of the screen and killed him. That is one angry bee. Then it went after the girl, who ran away and jumped into the water, where the pirahna killed her. Oh well.

Finally solved by summoning a cat to take care of the bee, a dolphin to kill the pirahna (hey, sure), and taking a jetpack to the high ledge.

Ramenman

GregLombardi said:
rofl the fucking fish in the lake that keeps eating me. I used a nuke, but it destroyed the entire level. SIGHHHHHHHHHHH

Nuke for a fish ? talk about overkill ! Maybe try a
shark, or the kraken if it's a very big fish

Ramenman said:
Nuke for a fish ? talk about overkill ! Maybe try a
shark, or the kraken if it's a very big fish
the funny thing is its the simplest of tasks, but I didn't think of a good way around it until I thought of
fish food

Congrats to Jeremiah and 5th Cell!

Waiting for it to come to europe, however ive been playing in a friends house...
Thought t was awesome and slapped him in the face for pirating it. Told me he used it as a demo and he will buy it. :lol

The last level I played was really hard, had the starite in the ceiling with lots of spikes and a megalodon in the water.
The only thing I could accomplished before returning home was
Glueing poison to meat and throwing it to the water, the megalodon ate it and fall to sleep, took a trident and went to the water to kill him but he woke up, however this time he stayed calm and I could ride him :lol

YES
JABBERWOCK
. Unique model too!

Also, generating a
teleporter in the playground zaps you to the inside of the university, where the developers are hanging out, along with a robot zombie and a rally car. Of course I ran them all over.

atomsk

Party Pooper
just got back home. wish i could have stayed for some neogaf shenanigans, but after a super long day yesterday i am fucking wiped out.

when i went up to get my poster signed it went something like...

me: huh, i figured 217 would be the poster getting signed
jackson: if you buy the strategy guide it has it
me: pfffff, strategy guide? all you need is IMAGINATION

and much lulz were had

my eternal thanks to whomevers idea the cupcakes were. i skipped breakfast and upon seeing the line hopped straight into it without eating anything.

ShockingAlberto said:
My solution for this is my favorite because it's so delightfully mid-century villainous.

I picked up the sandwich, then rode around in the air in a hot air balloon until time ran out.
lol wtf, just saw this. nice solution! :lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Post-launch party: It was phenomenal. More on that later. Marius of 5th showed me SO much. Talked to me a lot about their process and Objectnaut.

I'll post more later. Oh, and by the way, the game is absolutely fucking impossibly incredible.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Say you have to kill a fish. Can you just summon a shark and then delete the shark? Does that make it cheaper?

Y2Kev said:
Say you have to kill a fish. Can you just summon a shark and then delete the shark? Does that make it cheaper?

"Cheap" in terms of cheating? Kinda. But yeah, you can do delete anything you summon in iirc.

Anyways, what's our stance on "spoilers" in this game? I updated the OP to warn people to spoiler tag solutions until the game is released, but should it be common courtesy to do that even post-release? Everyone says the entire fun of the game is to discover things for yourself.

ChuckyChick

Neo Member
Dacvak said:
Jr, we're still here.

More shots live from the event.

1601zjm.jpg

2croj1c.jpg

-PXG-, shinogu, Dac
left, middle, right

this launch is so fun. Jackson says to all of you "Why aren't you here? *laugh*"

Woot! My poster!
Now I have to figure out how we're going to frame this huge thing...

theluma

Y2Kev said:

That's the exact technique I use:D

Also (and sorry if this has been posted) if you type in teleporter you get taken to
the 5th cell offices! With the logo and everything. Using the magnifying glass on everyone reveals a bunch of team members. "liz" has similar characteristics to a zombie though and she'll transform the staff if you let her downstairs
:lol

EDIT: sorry added spoiler tag.

Blizzard

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Congrats to Jeremiah and 5th Cell!

Waiting for it to come to europe, however ive been playing in a friends house...
Thought t was awesome and slapped him in the face for pirating it. Told me he used it as a demo and he will buy it. :lol

The last level I played was really hard, had the starite in the ceiling with lots of spikes and a megalodon in the water.
The only thing I could accomplished before returning home was
Wait, did you just honestly admit to playing a pirated copy at a friend's house? >_____>

And thanks for spoiler-tagging stuff, people. I think spoiler-tagging solutions is fair enough, ESPECIALLY for a puzzle game for the first couple of months.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
SirPenguin said:
Anyways, what's our stance on "spoilers" in this game? I updated the OP to warn people to spoiler tag solutions until the game is released, but should it be common courtesy to do that even post-release? Everyone says the entire fun of the game is to discover things for yourself.

Please tag your spoilers, folks, so as not to ostracise us Aussies and Europeans - at least until October 9th.

Blizzard

Banned
*sees Dac's reply earlier*

...ok, new plan. Step 1: Find developers before game gets popular. Step 2: Ask them nicely if I can have a cameo in the game. :lol

IceMarker

Blizzard said:
*sees Dac's reply earlier*

...ok, new plan. Step 1: Find developers before game gets popular. Step 2: Ask them nicely if I can have a cameo in the game. :lol
Sadly I think 5th Cell are the only guys cool enough to do that.

Blizzard said:
Wait, did you just honestly admit to playing a pirated copy at a friend's house? >_____>

And thanks for spoiler-tagging stuff, people. I think spoiler-tagging solutions is fair enough, ESPECIALLY for a puzzle game for the first couple of months.

I dont have one of those ds carts, but I had to play it, the hype beat me.
I will certainly buy it here when they release it day one. And I will sure beat my firend if he doesnt buy it also as he promised me, at least he has erased it.

MNC

Am I the only one who finds the controls very tedious from time to time? 2-3 gave me troubleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like hell, had to place a wall to keep maxwell from running into the tripwire.

Blizzard

Banned
MNC said:
Am I the only one who finds the controls very tedious from time to time? 2-3 gave me troubleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like hell, had to place a wall to keep maxwell from running into the tripwire.
We've already established in many posts that the game has the worst controls ever.

Bwaha, it's too late for you to cancel your preorder!

...I'm still getting it :(

*edit*

Wait a second. You said you were in the Netherlands? How do you have the game already?

MNC said:

A buddy of mine started doing the same thing. He discovered that "trick" in some museum level. He kept trying to do something and Maxwell would run into danger, so using a wall prevents him from being an idiot

KScorp

MNC said:
Yeah, but for me they're more than tedious. I had to put the game down at one point because I was pissed. I had to go through the same setup 5 times with Maxwell running around when I didn't want him to. One of them involved that trip wire.

ChuckyChick

Neo Member
iamcool388 said:

XD I didn't find you creepy! I'm just not great with strangers, and I'm really bad with conversation, So i kinda act rude without meaning to... @_@ Sorry... I would have let you have a pic :< Shoot.

*does Moonwalk of Apologies*

WowBaby

Just got home from NWS. My son and I had a great time. I'm the girl (off camera), holding the other side of ChuckyChick's NeoGAF poster. Got me and my son a copy of the game.

I found it funny to discover Jackson break dancing in the game.:lol

Blizzard

Banned
KScorp said:
Yeah, but for me they're more than tedious. I had to put the game down at one point because I was pissed. I had to go through the same setup 5 times with Maxwell running around when I didn't want him to. One of them involved that trip wire.
That sucks, that's the second impression like that.

...your last post:
KScorp said:
According to the official thread, many stores started selling copies early. So, many people are, unfortunately, getting Scribblenauts early legally.
And you mentioned you didn't preorder, and I didn't know you went to the NYC launch...so how did you get it early? :X

ChuckyChick

Neo Member
Revolutionary said:
Pretty weird awesome of you to make a poster for a site you've barely posted on. :lol

Yeaaah... I know >_>. *shrugs* But I wanted something for Gaffers to sign, so I made it. I don't post much, but I still lurk.

Top Bottom