• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The shooting of Ahmaud Arbery

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
Im not sure I understand all that but he didn't get killed for 'nothing', he got killed for assaulting and trying to steal away a mans gun. Should he have been in that situation? I don't know, but he was, he did what he did and now he is dead. Im so sick of the, 'he was a good boy and didn't do anything wrong", this was a guy who clearly had mental issues, a criminal past and clearly was not rationally equipped to handle the situation. HE made the decision to charge and attack the man. HE did that.
You know that you're wrong right?

Mar 6, 2016
Im not sure I understand all that but he didn't get killed for 'nothing', he got killed for assaulting and trying to steal away a mans gun. Should he have been in that situation? I don't know, but he was, he did what he did and now he is dead. Im so sick of the, 'he was a good boy and didn't do anything wrong", this was a guy who clearly had mental issues, a criminal past and clearly was not rationally equipped to handle the situation. HE made the decision to charge and attack the man. HE did that.
Why does this trigger you so bad? All we have is the word of the killers on the victim charging and attack them and considering they're in the shit for potential manslaughter charge, they might not be telling the truth. Regardless I'll settle that they are telling the truth and they were charged which is a stupid thing to do, which ultimately got the victim killed.
If you can grasp that which we both seem to agree on, why can't you accept that he shouldn't have been put in that situation on the first place. Why do you keep saying 'I don't know'

I will ask you directly. Should the guy have been chased down by rednecks with guns for virtually nothing? Did they even need to have their guns out?

Reactions: Phunkydiabetic

TrainedRage

Feb 3, 2018
USA
Why does this trigger you so bad? All we have is the word of the killers on the victim charging and attack them and considering they're in the shit for potential manslaughter charge, they might not be telling the truth. Regardless I'll settle that they are telling the truth and they were charged which is a stupid thing to do, which ultimately got the victim killed.
If you can grasp that which we both seem to agree on, why can't you accept that he shouldn't have been put in that situation on the first place. Why do you keep saying 'I don't know'

I will ask you directly. Should the guy have been chased down by rednecks with guns for virtually nothing? Did they even need to have their guns out?
No, but it happened. And he decided to act just as foolish and wound up getting shot for it.

There are open carry laws in GA so them having the guns isn't an issue, they weren't even pointed at Ahmaud.
There are self defense and stand your ground laws in GA, Ahmaud was the one who charged at and started the attack. (not the entire incident but the attack)

I guess we will see how it plays out. Did he have to die? No. Should he have died? No. But bad decisions were made, and people react.

MORJDK

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
When you're chased down in a pick up truck and shot dead after getting into an altercation, then you are a victim.

Doesn't mean he was innocent of other potential crimes or an "angel," but he was absolutely a victim when he was killed.
The videos i saw, never showed him being chased. In fact he was chasing the guy with the shotgun.

• LOL
Reactions: DeafTourette

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
Funny how the media is trying to paint him as a victim.
Right... Because your past is what you should focus on. Not what actually killed him. He wasn't (as far as anyone knows currently) guilty of stealing anything at the time of his killing. Unless "acting like he was armed" or "running away from people who WERE armed" is cause for killing someone. The fact you're using that meme tells me you don't know much about this case.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: undrtakr900

MORJDK

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
Right... Because your past is what you should focus on. Not what actually killed him. He wasn't (as far as anyone knows currently) guilty of stealing anything at the time of his killing. Unless "acting like he was armed" or "running away from people who WERE armed" is cause for killing someone. The fact you're using that meme tells me you don't know much about this case.
Caught multiple times in a home, where he had no business. Im sure he was just an interior decorator right ?

MORJDK

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
You saw the back end of everything that happened. But the McMichaels OWN words contradict what you just said.
Guy was caught trespassing, unless he was an interior decorator his motives for being there, is what ended up killing him.

MORJDK

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
Are you going to keep that same energy for all the other people who entered that home? Just him, right? Oh ok.
Are you going to keep the same energy trying to defend a guy who was obviously guilty and his own misdemenaor was what ended up killing him ?

Nov 5, 2016
One Big Room, Full Of Bad Bitches
Guy was caught trespassing, unless he was an interior decorator his motives for being there, is what ended up killing him.
Being shot to death in the middle of the street ended up killing him.

Should trespassing in an empty, under construction home be an automatic death sentence?

Last edited:

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
The videos i saw, never showed him being chased. In fact he was chasing the guy with the shotgun.
He was chased for at least 4 minutes by two armed dudes in a pick up truck.

MORJDK

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
He was chased for at least 4 minutes by two armed dudes in a pick up truck.

Foxnews.... really?

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: V4skunk

MORJDK

Banned
Mar 14, 2020
Do you think everyone in the world should always take the law into their own hands and hold up anyone they deem suspicious by gunpoint in the middle of the street?
He didnt die from that tho. He died from trying to wrestle a gun from man, performing a citizens arrest WHILE on the phone with the police.

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
Now that we are past "jogging while black" we are on "can't play police". Looks like it's time to drop this "high-profile" case because the original narrative of racism is harder to believe.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TheGreatYosh

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
Please share your "independent research."
Don't waste your keystrokes, bruv. He already made up his mind. He isn't here to exchange information or have an honest discussion. All of his posts have been "let me tell you peons how wrong y'all are with my out of date information I got from dubious sources". Half of his posts have been debunked and he's still willfully ignorant.

Most folks here have seen new information and adjusted. He is far more rigid than a spring board.

Dabaus

Apr 23, 2018
So videos of Arburys past run ins with the law Are starting to come out on Twitter and YouTube. One for selling drugs, another for stealing a television from Walmart, and of course we have the mugshot for bringing a gun to a high school. Both videos he’s seen cursing at the cops and ignoring their orders.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TheGreatYosh

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
New footage from a previous police stop of Ahmaud:

They ask to search his car, telling him the area he's in is a known drug use area. Ahmaud refuses, appears to motion to try to lock the door or access the car himself, cop gets spooked and deploys his taser. Puffy jacket stops the taser, but he doesn't resist, Ahmaud gets down on his knees, and they eventually let him go.

My impression: the cops have reason to be on edge with the way he's nervously moving around during the stop, wearing a puffy jacket and no shirt underneath could be to conceal a weapon since it doesn't seem to be for warmth. However, the cops did a poor job of taking command of the situation and instructing him firmly, and fired the taser unnecessarily and without giving him time to comply. It ends up looking worse for the police since Ahmaud doesn't resist and doesn't get arrested on any wrongdoing. The cops come off as somewhat incompetent and trigger-happy.

This footage could be used to demonstrate that Ahmaud had reason to fear for his life when being detained, and that the local PD had a history of harassing him.

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
New footage from a previous police stop of Ahmaud:

They ask to search his car, telling him the area he's in is a known drug use area. Ahmaud refuses, appears to motion to try to lock the door or access the car himself, cop gets spooked and deploys his taser. Puffy jacket stops the taser, but he doesn't resist, Ahmaud gets down on his knees, and they eventually let him go.

My impression: the cops have reason to be on edge with the way he's nervously moving around during the stop, wearing a puffy jacket and no shirt underneath could be to conceal a weapon since it doesn't seem to be for warmth. However, the cops did a poor job of taking command of the situation and instructing him firmly, and fired the taser unnecessarily and without giving him time to comply. It ends up looking worse for the police since Ahmaud doesn't resist and doesn't get arrested on any wrongdoing. The cops come off as somewhat incompetent and trigger-happy.

This footage could be used to demonstrate that Ahmaud had reason to fear for his life when being detained, and that the local PD had a history of harassing him.
You should be the next Phillip DeFranco! You get items of news like no one else on the board! AND you're able to dissect how it fits into the case!

Bumblebeetuna

Jun 23, 2008
Why would a black man not fear for his life when some rednecks are chasing him down a street in a pickup truck armed with a shotgun and a 357 magnum 😆 I’m white AF and even I would feel threatened. I also started a fire when I was 15. I hope I’m not shot dead for no reason someday and it’s used to justify why I deserved it.

Last edited:

LoV

Jan 8, 2015
Why would a black man not fear for his life when some rednecks are chasing him down a street in a pickup truck armed with a shotgun and a 357 magnum 😆 I’m white AF and even I would feel threatened. I also started a fire when I was 15. I hope I’m not shot dead for no reason someday and it’s used to justify why I deserved it.
This kid has been a nuisance for a long time and had trouble coming to him at every chance.

-Why do you have a suspended license and youre in the middle of a field with drugs?

-Why did you carry a gun to school?

-Why are you belligerent around cops?

-Why are you trespassing on property numerous times?

Those dumb ass hicks shouldn't have chased him and just called the police, though. And he shouldn't have tried to take the fucking weapon when he has two people aiming at him... It's the special Olympics around those parts.

Last edited:

SlaughterX

Banned
Jan 12, 2007
Alsip, IL
SlaughterX.1up.com
Uhhh, they didn't find any drugs... and if cops were fucking with me for listening music and tried to taze me for no reason I'd be a dick too.

But has he every killed anyone or inflicted bodily harm that you know of? If not who's the bigger POS?

LoV

Jan 8, 2015
Uhhh, they didn't find any drugs... and if cops were fucking with me for listening music and tried to taze me for no reason I'd be a dick too.

But has he every killed anyone or inflicted bodily harm that you know of? If not who's the bigger POS?
I don't like traffic tickets but would I be a dick to a cop or go on my merry way? You must be a degenerate.

You take a gun to school for a reason, bud. A gun is meant to kill and who did he want to kill?

LoV

Jan 8, 2015
All these white people saying he should have just stopped and complied with the orders of gun toting rednecks would react how if they were being chased by black men with guns? Yeah, thought so.
No one is saying those hicks were in the right, who are you arguing with?

Reactions: cryptoadam

TDiddyLive

Feb 22, 2018
All these white people saying he should have just stopped and complied with the orders of gun toting rednecks would react how if they were being chased by black men with guns? Yeah, thought so.
First off, are you really assuming people’s race on a message board because they disagree with you? Second, most, if not all, people have been saying his fatal mistake was physically attacking an armed man. Myself and others stated in his situation we would have kept running.