• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The shooting of Ahmaud Arbery

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Based on what has been released of the story they told, they never knew that he was on the construction site that day.
Lol
Where are you getting this information? Not only did they know he was on the site that day, they had seen footage of him on the site at night multiple times. The cops put the owner in contact with the senior McMichael when he reached out to them regarding the burglaries/tresspassing.

Reactions: King of Foxes

Neil Young

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2020
"Inbreds, hicks, rednecks, whitey, animals, hillbillies." Some of the people using these words are also saying that bigotry exists in this thread....and they're not surprised....because "WE" are racist? OK.

Also. "Construction site". I like this one because it plants that image in your head of an open area with no walls, some framing, tarps etc. Definitely NOT a place that would have security cameras and a no trespassing sign.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
"Inbreds, hicks, rednecks, whitey, animals, hillbillies." Some of the people using these words are also saying that bigotry exists in this thread....and they're not surprised....because "WE" are racist? OK.

Also. "Construction site". I like this one because it plants that image in your head of an open area with no walls, some framing, tarps etc. Definitely NOT a place that would have security cameras and a no trespassing sign.
Yeah, it's cool that these anti-White scum just get to be care free with their slurs. It would be nice to get the same leeway.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Jun 6, 2004
New York
If looks like they arrested the guy who was filming for Murder and false imprisonment.
That's essentially telling us that investigators believe thst he was corralling Arbery, and pushing him to where his fellow murderers lay in wait.

Going to be really hard for these fucks to come up with a good defense now.

Last edited:

Neil Young

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2020
Inbreeds, hill billies and red necks are slurs now? Easy there snowflake.
Literally elementary school level slurs
You forgot hicks, whitey, and animals. If you would be so bold, what would be the similar type slurs for a black person? And, since there are so many racists here, would you mind pointing out people using these similar snowflake slurs?

Batiman

Danger: male feminist
Feb 11, 2020
You forgot hicks, whitey, and animals. If you would be so bold, what would be the similar type slurs for a black person? And, since there are so many racists here, would you mind pointing out people using these similar snowflake slurs?
You could use those slurs for blacks as well no? Besides maybe redneck.

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Lmao, murder charges for following someone running from the scene of a crime. Who is the moron that thinks that will stick?

Cobb District Attorney Joyette Holmes has been named prosecutor for the Ahmaud Arbery case.

Oh.

Batiman

Feb 11, 2020
Lmao, murder charges for following someone running from the scene of a crime. Who is the moron that thinks that will stick?

Oh.
Where they not working with him? I thought I heard they knew each other? Fuck him if you want to film a murder and not do fuck all. What are you trying to say with that pic anyways?

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Where they not working with him? I thought I heard they knew each other? Fuck him if you want to film a murder and not do fuck all. What are you trying to say with that pic anyways?
The dude was nowhere close enough to the action that he could have done anything about the justified self-defense shooting of Arbery. To assume he had any idea that the events would unfold as they did when he started filming is just plain retarded.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I thought the guy filming was just a 3rd party and he thought that video got the other 2 guys off of the crime?

So he was in on it ?

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
chitzy chitzy you keep saying "running from the scene of the crime" ... Which they didn't even witness the day OF. Nor were told about.

By their own admission in the police report, they said he was running by and they ASSUMED he was the thief of their gun from a month prior...

So where are you getting this narrative from that they witnessed him in the commission of a crime?

Batiman

Feb 11, 2020
The dude was nowhere close enough to the action that he could have done anything about the justified self-defense shooting of Arbery. To assume he had any idea that the events would unfold as they did when he started filming is just plain retarded.
Ya if that’s the case this is retarded. But I thought people were saying he was called to block off the jogger and knows the two. I’ll just wait before I make any judgment. We’ll probably find out eventually what went down.

Batiman

Feb 11, 2020
Apparently he held onto the video for a while and showed the cops later on. Also how did he happen to be filming before anything went down? Something doesn’t match up.

bRacing

Feb 13, 2020
So you know nothing. The two guys who murdered the victim said the guy shooting the video was the one who created the first illegal roadblock. It’s in their police statement from the day of the incident.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
So you know nothing. The two guys who murdered the victim said the guy shooting the video was the one who created the first illegal roadblock. It’s in their police statement from the day of the incident.
He's been spouting LONG DEBUNKED misinformation since he came in this thread. Like that guy that got banned for being disingenuous and just here to rile folks up.

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
chitzy chitzy you keep saying "running from the scene of the crime" ... Which they didn't even witness the day OF. Nor were told about.

By their own admission in the police report, they said he was running by and they ASSUMED he was the thief of their gun from a month prior...

So where are you getting this narrative from that they witnessed him in the commission of a crime?
Jesus Christ, literally 10 posts up. The owner of the house had been in touch with the McMichaels, they had seen the videos of Arbery tresspassing on the premise. No idea where you're getting this gun thief shit from, but whether or not that's the case, they were well aware that Arbery had been trespassing on the property:

Here's the kicker though: none of that matters, because they never attempted to put a hand on Arbery. Arbery initiated the assault, and Arbery got blown away in justifiable self-defense. It's really that simple.

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Apparently he held onto the video for a while and showed the cops later on. Also how did he happen to be filming before anything went down? Something doesn’t match up.
The reasonable thing to assume is that he was recording because he wanted video proof of what occurred so he could show the cops the later in case he/they were accused of foul play. Was an absolutely retarded decision on his part to release it given that interested parties will just make up their own facts and narrative anyway, but I digress. Why else would you think he would be recording? Are you suggesting he was recording some sort of snuff video? Do you really think that's a reasonable conclusion to come to?

Batiman

Feb 11, 2020
The reasonable thing to assume is that he was recording because he wanted video proof of what occurred so he could show the cops the later in case he/they were accused of foul play. Was an absolutely retarded decision on his part to release it given that interested parties will just make up their own facts and narrative anyway, but I digress. Why else would you think he would be recording? Are you suggesting he was recording some sort of snuff video? Do you really think that's a reasonable conclusion to come to?
He held the footage for 10 weeks. If he was innocent he would’ve shown the footage that day. He attempted to block the man in as video shows. His camera was already out just before he even came into the shot. Self defence my ass. Two fuckers in a truck driving me down with a shotgun that are not cops might cause me to go on the offensive. It’s unbelievable you’re still defending the two.

Nevermind that first sentence. I’m an idiot

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
He held the footage for 10 weeks. If he was innocent he would’ve shown the footage that day. He attempted to block the man in as video shows. His camera was already out just before he even came into the shot. Self defence my ass. Two fuckers in a truck driving me down with a shotgun that are not cops might cause me to go on the offensive. It’s unbelievable you’re still defending the two.
LOL, no. The first DA's letter explicitly commented on the footage that was seen in the video. You're making shit up as you go along here.

Please get informed as to the actual facts of the case before you come in here spewing verbal diarrhea all over yourself.

Last edited:

Batiman

Feb 11, 2020
LOL, no. The first DA's letter explicitly commented on the footage that was seen in the video. You're making shit up as you go along here.

Please get informed as to the actual facts of the case before you come in here spewing verbal diarrhea all over yourself.

Ya I miss read that part. Got confused with when it was released to the public. Watching that video still shows he was part of it in some way. It clearly looks like they tried to block him in though. Not 100% sure with him. Don’t want him getting wrongfully jailed obviously. The other two can rot in jail though. They had no right taking justice in there own hands. No idea how you’re defending them.

You really think killing someone is justified here?

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Ya I miss read that part. Got confused with when it was released to the public. Watching that video still shows he was part of it in some way. It clearly looks like they tried to block him in though. Not 100% sure with him. Don’t want him getting wrongfully jailed obviously. The other two can rot in jail though. They had no right taking justice in there own hands. No idea how you’re defending them.

You really think killing someone is justified here?
Can you explain how it's possible to "block in" someone who is running down a road with no boundaries on either side of it?

Obviously nobody deserves to die from tresspassing/burglary. But when somebody, anybody, assaults someone with deadly force, as Arbery did in this case trying to gain control of McMichael's shotgun, then lethal force is justified.

Last edited:

Batiman

Feb 11, 2020
Can you explain how it's possible to "block in" someone who is running down a road with no boundaries on either side of it?

Obviously nobody deserves to die from tresspassing/burglary. But when somebody, anybody, assaults someone with deadly force, as Arbery did in this case trying to gain control of McMichael's shotgun, then lethal force is justified.
When people that aren’t cops come at me with shotguns I’m not sure what there intentions are. People react differently. I would think my life is in danger and would act as if it was. He doesn’t know if he’s gonna get a bullet in his back if he ran or not. His mind might not have been thinking straight in those couple seconds he had. When someone has a gun you’re better off at getting up close and trying to disarm you’re attacker. Do you expect him to raise his hands to people that aren’t in uniform? Give me a break. They shouldn’t have put him in that situation in the first place. Who the fuck do they think they are

Last edited:

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
So you think these people were in the right to chase this man down? It didn’t work out for them either. Now you’re here defending them while they get what they deserve. Unbelievable you’re defending them honestly. It’s pathetic.
Are there any laws against keeping eyes on someone you observe running from the scene of a crime as you communicate with the police? Not that I'm aware of. Not to mention that the case also meets the criteria for citizen's arrest if they cose to pursue that. So, yes, they're in the right.

No, it's not pathetic that I'm arguing for the upholding of rule of law in the face of "feels". What's pathetic is that I'm spending my Thursday evening arguing on the internet with a "male feminist".

SlaughterX

Banned
Jan 12, 2007
Alsip, IL
SlaughterX.1up.com
So you think these people were in the right to chase this man down? It didn’t work out for them either. Now you’re here defending them while they get what they deserve. Unbelievable you’re defending them honestly. It’s pathetic.
Some people just don't value human life as much as others. Don't waste anymore time on someone trying to justify or downplay this wrongful death.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
Are there any laws against keeping eyes on someone you observe running from the scene of a crime as you communicate with the police? Not that I'm aware of. Not to mention that the case also meets the criteria for citizen's arrest if they cose to pursue that. So, yes, they're in the right.

No, it's not pathetic that I'm arguing for the upholding of rule of law in the face of "feels". What's pathetic is that I'm spending my Thursday evening arguing on the internet with a "male feminist".
Everything that you said is wrong.

ryan13ts

Nov 29, 2006
There's a defense force for everything these days, even murderers sadly.

It's pretty damn clear the person filming was involved in some capacity; He changed his story from what he indicated in the initial police report (That he did attempt to block his path, showing there was some coordination with the guys who killed him), was following and filming Ahmaud before the other guys came into the picture. That's some amazing coincidences for someone that claims he had no involvement with the other guys or what happened, though as usual I'm sure someone will find the mental gymnastics possible to "explain" these beyond questionable circumstances.

jsnake19

Neo Member
Mar 30, 2020
Some people just don't value human life as much as others. Don't waste anymore time on someone trying to justify or downplay this wrongful death.
No, there are people who didnt buy into the media's bullshit that some random guy out jogging was chased down and murdered by racist white people simply because of his skin color. Instead they have blown holes in the ridiculous story and proven why things may have unfolded in the manner they did. However, the usual suspects have latched on to the racist narrative, and no matter how much proof is shown about how the jogger was a bad actor and made poor life choices over and over, he was somehow not at all to blame for how events unfolded. Apparantly, repeatedly trespassing, burglaring a neighbohood, resisting arrest and initiating a violent encounter is A-OK as long as you have the right skin color.

Reactions: King of Foxes

maneil99

Mar 30, 2013
Canada
Besides whitey, none of those are racial specific slurs or have a history against White people.
Terms like inbred, hill billies ect can be traced to suburban-rural divide and is commonly used or has similar alternatives in non white cultures.

I’m not saying you can’t be racist to white people, I’m saying there really aren’t any harmful prevelant slurs. Whitey certainly ain’t it chief lmao

maneil99

Mar 30, 2013
Canada
No, there are people who didnt buy into the media's bullshit that some random guy out jogging was chased down and murdered by racist white people simply because of his skin color. Instead they have blown holes in the ridiculous story and proven why things may have unfolded in the manner they did. However, the usual suspects have latched on to the racist narrative, and no matter how much proof is shown about how the jogger was a bad actor and made poor life choices over and over, he was somehow not at all to blame for how events unfolded. Apparantly, repeatedly trespassing, burglaring a neighbohood, resisting arrest and initiating a violent encounter is A-OK as long as you have the right skin color.
Nah there are people like you, who somehow think his previous two run ins with the law, neither of which did he resist arrest, are somehow related to years later being chased by two guys with shotguns/rifles in the back of their truck because he, along with 3 other (including a white couple) visited a home under construction recently.

im not even %100 convinced the shooters are racist, but regardless they sure as fuck deserve jail time for chasing down a citizen with no evidence of actual theft on that property.

maneil99

Mar 30, 2013
Canada
Yeah that worked out great here.
Yea, because there aren’t already countless incidents of black men being shot in the back running either

/s

nobody is convinced by your rule of law bullshit.
imagine the reverse. A white guy is out jogging and gets chased down by two black guys with guns. You don’t think the media would spin it as self defence?

not to mention the daughter snap chatted his corpse

DeafTourette

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2018
Jesus Christ, literally 10 posts up. The owner of the house had been in touch with the McMichaels, they had seen the videos of Arbery tresspassing on the premise. No idea where you're getting this gun thief shit from, but whether or not that's the case, they were well aware that Arbery had been trespassing on the property:

Here's the kicker though: none of that matters, because they never attempted to put a hand on Arbery. Arbery initiated the assault, and Arbery got blown away in justifiable self-defense. It's really that simple.
The owner of the house stated he didn't KNOW them. He may have gotten their information but as far as contacting them? I don't think he did. Not from any of his admittance, though.

And gun thief... You really don't know anything about this story, do you? They reported their gun stolen on or about January 1.

From THEIR OWN statements, they told police that they saw him running or jogging by and thought that was him. The thief from Jan 1. Over a month earlier.

They. Did. Not. See. Him. Trespassing. That. Day.

They. Did. Not. Know. Who. He. Was.

They ASSumed he was their earlier thief.

This is in the police report.

chitzy

Banned
Mar 8, 2020
imagine the reverse. A white guy is out jogging and gets chased down by two black guys with guns. You don’t think the media would spin it as self defence?
LMAO, this would be nowhere in the media if that were the case. Dead and buried, like they wanted to with the video of what black nurse beating the shit out of elderly white people.

Reactions: and 3 others

and 3 others

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2020
Yea, because there aren’t already countless incidents of black men being shot in the back running either

/s

nobody is convinced by your rule of law bullshit.

not to mention the daughter snap chatted his corpse
Name them!

Neil Young

Neo Member
Mar 26, 2020
Besides whitey, none of those are racial specific slurs or have a history against White people.
Terms like inbred, hill billies ect can be traced to suburban-rural divide and is commonly used or has similar alternatives in non white cultures.

I’m not saying you can’t be racist to white people, I’m saying there really aren’t any harmful prevelant slurs. Whitey certainly ain’t it chief lmao
Redneck, hillbillies, and inbred aren't racial specific? Bullshit "chief". Hillbilly and inbred is that Appalachian/Deliverance shit. And who are you to decide what slurs are harmful or prevalent?

Mar 6, 2016
The operative in your argument is "to attack." If you attack. Isn't that the root illegal action in the actual altercation? Someone attacked. I'm not keen to gun debates. In this specific case, you are actually arguing that because illegal actions, we must forfeit this right where this right is a set that far exceeds the intersection of illegal actions into this right. Obviously, this right is the the right to gun ownership here.

I don't like this case either. I have personal opinions. I think the duo acted hastily and carelessly, and their poor judgment aided in, if not fully, costing Ahmed his life. Even worse, we're likely to lose another citizens arrest law. I do believe that sometimes we as citizens must act under the law to enforce said law. It is not solely the business of law enforcement to do so, and frankly every direct encounter with police carries a moderate risk of death*--I have anecdotal experiences that reinforce this belief. You may seek to argue that leaving the matter to the police is best, and I don't agree. It's a whole separate topic, though.

* I don't envy the jobs of police officers. When they're directed to you for an encounter, they have little idea what they are in for or what emotional state you'll be in by the time they arrive. I don't blame them for being hyper alert and extremely cautious because it's their life on the line too.
I wonder how police forces outside of the USA deal with that... usually without gunning down civilians.