• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The short-hand detailings of Sony's Pre-TGS showcase by IGN PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821043p1.html

Looks like they are saving new announcements for the opening keynote. IGN PS3 expects to have more detailed impressions of what was shown shortly.

I guess this thread has sorta become the de facto live Sony TGS keynote over the course of the day, life is strange sometimes.

Anyway, the only liveblog you will ever need for the event.
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83570

TGS Keynote takes place at 9:30 PM EST/6:30 PM PST/2:30 AM GMT/10:30 AM JST

Busty

Banned
Shard said:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/821/821043p1.html

Looks like they are saving new announcements for the opening keynote. IGN PS3 expects to have more detailed impressions of what was shown shortly.

Interesting, I didn't realise that the TGS keynote was allowed to be so product centric, I thought the point of the talk was to give a talk on the state and future of the industry.

I expect that the larger announcements
whatever SE are doing...
will be in the keynote with the less MEGATON titles announced during the event itself.

It seems that that this 'pre-TGS' event is very much aimed at stuff that's already been announced and primarily US and European titles. I still think that Sony Japan will have alot of first party title stuff to announce.

Also interesting that once again the only third party title of note was Unreal3. Man, that Sony/EPIC 'multi part agreement' is no small thing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Busty said:
Interesting, I didn't realise that the TGS keynote was allowed to be so product centric, I thought the point of the talk was to give a talk on the state and future of the industry.

I expect that the larger announcements
whatever SE are doing...
will be in the keynote with the less MEGATON titles announced during the event itself.

It seems that that this 'pre-TGS' event is very much aimed at stuff that's already been announced and primarily US and European titles. I still think that Sony Japan will have alot of first party title stuff to announce.

Also interesting that once again the only third party title of note was Unreal3. Man, that Sony/EPIC 'multi part agreement' is no small thing.

Never forget Wii Remote-Ton.

lupinko

Busty said:

Expect a Gears' spin-off for PS3 in LOCUSTS OF DESTRUCTION.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction on the PS3 was paired with a new and previously unknown entry in the Ratchet universe for the PSP, Secret Agent Clank.

I guess IGN never printed any of the old rumors themselves?

Tieno

I've said it before: MEGATON UPON MEGATON TILL INFINITY...and I'm raising the stakes and inventing a new ton...GIGATON!

Raist

Banned
shidoshi said:
Seconded times a billion. Is that the kind of game that would be shown during TGS, though?

QD's director said in an interview that they would reveal their "mysterious" exclusive game during TGS. He didn't want to say whether this game would be HR tho.

Kittonwy

Banned
Lé Blade Runner said:
Resistance: Fall of Man 2?

Resistance 2: GB of AWESOME-WOWSOME.
Indifferent2.gif

Busty

Banned
I think at this point the only (officially) unannounced first party title that we know will be at TGS this year is Quantic Dream's PS3 title.

But I think we might get a look at one of Team Ico's (the supposed PSN title?) as well.

Though I think with the strong showings from both SCEA and SCEE Sony Japan will want to announce a few things just to restore some balance.

Shard said:
Never forget Wii Remote-Ton.

:D Ahh yes.... never forget indeed. All that hype and wonder. Could it be 3D? Could it be 3D? What could it be?

A television remote control from the set of SPACE:1999.

Ah, good times.

Tieno

Busty said:
I think at this point the only (officially) unannounced first party title that we know will be at TGS this year is Quantic Dream's PS3 title.

But I think we might get a look at one of Team Ico's (the supposed PSN title?) as well.

Though I think with the strong showings from both SCEA and SCEE Sony Japan will want to announce a few things just to restore some balance..
I still remember ShanyB casually dropping an online co-op rendition of SOTC on 1upyours a couple of months ago. I have no idea wether that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom