• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons - Season 25 |OT| Talking about new eps in Community? That's a paddlin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

131026155742-01-marcia-wallace---restricted-horizontal-gallery_zps4de7a9f2.jpg
tumblr_mvao3seKTa1qh59n0o7_500_zps74859f34.png

images

Because every year people bitch about new episode discussion in the Community OT and because the Animation Domination thread just isn't enough.

We now have a dedicated thread to discuss those dreaded, awful new episodes. (And the 2-4 episodes per season that are actually half-decent and worth watching.)

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

1. Brick Like Me
2. Steal this Episode
3. The War of Art

WORTH WATCHING

4. Married to the Blob
5. Treehouse of Horror XXIV
6. Labor Pains

FINE... BUT DON'T GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO WATCH THESE EPISODES

7. Pay Pal
8. YOLO
9. Diggs
10. You Don’t Have to Live Like a Referee

MEH

11. Specs and the City
12. Homerland
13. The Kid is All Right
14. The Yellow Badge of Cowardge
15. Luca$
16. The Winter of His Content

AVOID THESE LIKE THE PLAGUE

17. Four Regrettings and a Funeral
18. What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting
19. Yellow Subterfuge
20. The Man Who Grew Too Much
21. White Christmas Blues

MAY IT BE FOREVER DESTROYED ALONG WITH THE TALKING BAR RAG EPISODE

22. Days of Future Future

Homerland sounds awful.

Though that Treehouse of Horror actually sounds pretty good...the synopsis reminds me of the ones from the golden age of the show.

I really want to see a Treehouse of Horror with an overarching plot line again like bad dreams from eating too much candy. I really do miss that.

Stet

Banned
Sometimes I wonder if The Simpsons is responsible for a lot of the U.S. fear of nuclear power these days.

Cheddahz

Banned
I hate the new HD look that's been going for a while and the show just isn't worth watching anymore....just die already

If it was the last season, that might actually make me tune in - in the hope that they would want to send it off in style with some well written episodes. As unlikely as that is.

I haven't watched it regularly for a very long time. I think there are actually more seasons I haven't seen than I have at this point.

MjFrancis

I've been keeping up with all of the HD Simpsons, and while it has been a mixed-bag it's one of the few shows I still bother watching. Two-thirds of the new Treehouse of Horror look promising.

I hate the new HD look that's been going for a while and the show just isn't worth watching anymore....just die already

huh? what's wrong with the HD look? i've been watching this show since 1992 and i was super happy when they upgraded the look to keep it modern. do you expect them to keep the rough, harder to do animation they were using 20 years ago? c'mon now.

The show should run until Dan Castellaneta dies. Fuck the haters.

yeah dawg. even though i don't manage to catch every episode these days, i will be very sad when the simpsons ends. keep it running as long as possible, i so no reason not to. the quality has improved over the last few years IMO.

UberTag

Hey, Rafael actually made the THOH promo poster. He's moving up in the world.

Incidentally, the annual Treehouse of Horror comic book hit stores this week.
It's usually the only Simpsons comic worth buying each year due to the artistic creativity on display.
The comics have gone to some dark places with its THOH stories that the show has never come close to.

Last year's was excellent. This year's is merely decent... but has one solid story at least.

aRGW3uz.jpg

Cheddahz

Banned
huh? what's wrong with the HD look? i've been watching this show since 1992 and i was super happy when they upgraded the look to keep it modern. do you expect them to keep the rough, harder to do animation they were using 20 years ago? c'mon now.

I just really enjoyed the rougher look. I went and saw the movie when it came out and the animation just didn't look all that great

Speaking of writers, I met Mike Reiss at MomoCon and got to talk to him for quite a bit. It was one of the best experiences in my life

UberTag

So is there a Pan's Labyrinth parody or not? It doesn't say so in the description but on the poster there is one.
There's going to be a brief Pan's Labyrinth parody/homage in the opening directed by Guillermo del Toro himself.
I wouldn't expect it to last more than a couple of minutes, though. It's essentially serving as the teaser before they kick off the actual stories.

TheOddOne

There's going to be a brief Pan's Labyrinth parody/homage in the opening directed by Guillermo del Toro himself.
I wouldn't expect it to last more than a couple of minutes, though. It's essentially serving as the teaser before they kick off the actual stories.
Lawd. Hype get.

UberTag

HOMERLAND - Sunday, September 29th

Odds that Episode Will be Watchable = GOOD
Odds that Episode Will be Memorable = POOR
How about that? I forecast this episode correctly.
You guys can skip this one.
Unless you're also Homeland buffs.
In which case you might enjoy it.
But probably not.

My grade for Homerland = 2 out of 5

Dishwalla

Banned
It made little to no sense and the "guest star" had no point. She just showed up and did something that made no sense, and then the episode was over. Not sure why I bothered to watch this honestly, probably won't watch the rest of the season even if it does pan out to be the last.

Peter Griffin did appear in Simpsons yellow for the first time though(as did the rest of the Animation Domination lineup).

UberTag

It made little to no sense and the "guest star" had no point. She just showed up and did something that made no sense, and then the episode was over. Not sure why I bothered to watch this honestly, probably won't watch the rest of the season even if it does pan out to be the last.
I'll be updating the OT over the course of the season to call attention to the handful of episodes that are worth seeking out if you happen to miss them.

No sense suffering through the rest of the mediocrity... and I still doubt this will wind up as the final season so there won't be any special meaning to catching these episodes as they air.

catmincer

Is there a recommended list for the previous seasons? I haven't watched for years. I think I saw the Lisa's whale ep and gave up.

Cleveland Show cast got a chuckle out of me. Rest of the ep was crap. Treehouse episode preview is unpromising 'oh look another joke about how Moe is ugly.'

ЯAW;84208953 said:
Good guess, if Simpsons continue after this season they can always bring him back and say he faked his death. It could also be some minor character like Fat Tony who died season or two ago. I don't really care who will bite the dust but it should be one of the bigger characters. Get some changes in character dynamics, maybe off Abe?

I think Abe is too essential to the show. Granted now a days I only watch new episodes when there's absolutely nothing on. But you're right, unless it's actually a big character than the death wouldn't be impactful.

ЯAW

Banned
I think Abe is too essential to the show. Granted now a days I only watch new episodes when there's absolutely nothing on. But you're right, unless it's actually a big character than the death wouldn't be impactful.
Abe is essential for sure, not to mention last season alone had something like three Abe episodes. Killing off Abe would still be a good choice, it would effect the whole Simpsons family and there wouldn't be a need to introduce a new character to take his place.

That's the safe guess. Also, the most underwhelming. Which is why it's probably the truth.

Reminds me of an interview Al Jean did the season after Maude got killed off about how badly kept a secret it was. He joked that they should run ads with dramatic music playing "This season a Simpsons character will DIE! Who will it be? Maggie? Homer? Or...MAUDE FLANDERS? *dun dun dunnn*"

Cheap publicity is cheap, killing off a minor character (and publicizing it as a mystery) is exactly the kind of bottom of the barrel stuff this season is going to be remembered for.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Hey, Rafael actually made the THOH promo poster. He's moving up in the world.

Incidentally, the annual Treehouse of Horror comic book hit stores this week.
It's usually the only Simpsons comic worth buying each year due to the artistic creativity on display.
The comics have gone to some dark places with its THOH stories that the show has never come close to.

Last year's was excellent. This year's is merely decent... but has one solid story at least.

aRGW3uz.jpg
Oh man, I actually had a book of Treehouse of Horror comic story's. With stuff like Homer as an unfrozen man who then becomes a circus freak in 19th century London, or when Homer, Flanders and the kids visited Hell. And that one story with the cloning machine of sorts that made the characters into people with pink skin, no overbites and five fingers on each hand.

UberTag

Cleveland Show cast got a chuckle out of me. Rest of the ep was crap. Treehouse episode preview is unpromising 'oh look another joke about how Moe is ugly.'
I think the animation's looking pretty sweet and this year's THOH is getting back to its horror roots (Dr. Seuss parody notwithstanding).
I've updated the OP with a better quality Simpsons promo with some additional footage from the rest of the Animation Domination block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom