• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sky Crawlers [Wii] screens , Video

king zell

from Team AceCombat :

s04.jpg

s01.jpg

s05.jpg

s03.jpg

s02.jpg

s06.jpg

s07.jpg

Video , interview + some gameplay footage :

http://www.famitsu.com/fwtv/?61214245

camineet

Banned
In before anyone says any of those shots are prerendered CG. I highly doubt they are. They look like realtime external camera views. Nice.

camineet said:
In before anyone says any of those shots are prerendered CG. I highly doubt they are. They look like realtime external camera views. Nice.

This isn't 1997.

But the game does look pretty good.

Andy787

Banned
Yuck.

Why?

Ace Combat 7 for PS3 pls. :/

We are getting this:

s07.jpg

When we could be getting something even better than this:

ace-combat-6-fires-of-liberation-20071004044516625.jpg

Lobster

Banned
camineet said:

I would laugh if those were prerendered CG.

It looks great for Wii but no where near CG.

Andy787 said:
Yuck.

Why?

Because they want to make money.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Andy787 said:
Yuck.

Why?

You really wanna get banned don't you. There is no "yuck" in those pictures, unless you want some beautiful 1080p.

DMPrince said:
love the in-game shot. is it a flight sim or do i get to blow up things?

Judging by the screen of a plane blowing up, I'd say the latter. Plus it's the Ace Combat guys, they do arcadey blowing up things games, somehow I don't think they are going to be changing that too much for the Wii.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Andy787 said:
Yuck.

Why?

As a fan of anime and someone who is actually looking forward to this while never having been interesting in Ace Combat,

Go jump in a lake.
especially in the northern hemisphere right now
:p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Andy787 said:
Yuck.

Why?

We are getting this:
*Sky Crawlers image*

When we could be getting something even better than this:
*AC6 image*
Stop trolling the 360 please, take the system wars bullshit to GFAQs.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Looking nice, I wonder if it will play anything like Crimson Skies, I loved that game on PC. Also can someone YouTube the vid, it wont load up for me.

rezuth

Can someone rehost the pics and link me to the video somewhere else? Not to be a pain but apparently my ISP is fighting with someone in USA over them not paying for bandwidth so I'm screwed and cant connect to some sites :(

bdouble

Jamesfrom818 said:
I am loving the plane designs.

Yeah I do too. Definitely has a Crimson Skies vibe. It looks really good too can't wait to see some gameplay vids.

Jirotrom said:
wow namco...

My thought too. KoS2, Fragile and now this. Capcom? where are you.

Lobster

Banned
rezuth said:
Can someone rehost the pics and link me to the video somewhere else? Not to be a pain but apparently my ISP is fighting with someone in USA over them not paying for bandwidth so I'm screwed and cant connect to some sites :(

No point in watching the video..Theres about a second of footage and then 2 guys talking for a while..

pgtl_10

For some reason I can't access the site. Any vid impressions?

Edit: So Lobster do you think from the video that the game is still early in development?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Namco is actually trying to make a decent title on the architecture for once, heaven knows they've yet to try. I actually like the plane models but they really could make the enviroments a little more dynamic this ain't pushing gc poly let alone wii theoretically should or could be doing.

Lobster

Banned
pgtl_10 said:
For some reason I can't access the site. Any vid impressions?

Edit: So Lobster do you think from the video that the game is still early in development?

The controls look complete. Flight is handled by the nunchuk and aiming is done with the wiimote IR.

The graphics look really nice from what I saw. Looks more than half done.

laserbeam

Banned
Looks pretty good. and it is based of the Novels and its a tie in to the new movie for it coming out this summer in Japan.

jrricky

Banned
yeah, posted the announcement sometime yesterday. The game looks pretty impressive. great work Namco. Make it play good though please.

pgtl_10

Lobster said:
The controls look complete. Flight is handled by the nunchuk and aiming is done with the wiimote IR.

The graphics look really nice from what I saw. Looks more than half done.

Sweet! A possible Q4 2008 or Q1 2009 release.:D

Top Bottom