• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The sky is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamel

Banned
ChubbyHuggs said:

Saadster said:
starry-sky-washington_25309_990x742.jpg

If you had posted this pic in the OP then it would have been a thread, opportunity wasted....well you can still edit it but yeah.

Quoted for new page.

Plus We need some NatGeo up in here.

sunlight-peeks-clouds_26441_600x450.jpg

mackerel-sky-nationalgeographic.jpg

NationalGeographic20081.jpg

cumulus-clouds-blue-sky-764422-xl.jpg

Koodo

Banned
To make my raging winter post relevant to this thread, I have to say that during these months we occasionally get jaw-dropping sky scenery formed by Chinook winds (or foehn winds as it's apparently called elsewhere). They can look pretty ominous when they blanket the city and leave an arched hole at the end.

800px-Chinook_Arch-Calgary.JPG

Chinook-arch.JPG

(but they also signal a dramatic and sudden increase in temperatures, so that's a welcomed relief during winter.)

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I've always lived in LA, so I have no idea what real non-city sky looks like. I bet it's great.

And you do feel small looking at the sky. It's infinite deep.

UFRA

dudeworld said:
why did you have to post an anime picture? why couldn't you have just posted a photo of the real night sky?

This. Came in here expecting an amazing pic, instead got anime.

Captain Howdy said:
Yeah I would imagine there isn't much of a night sky around LA.

I went to a star party a while back that was hosted on top of a mountain in a national forest in Pennsylvania. Now that was a night sky.

Photo from the party
ZL14b.jpg

Still, looking at the sky is a great way to spend an evening, not matter where you live.

Is that real? Can you really see all those star clusters and such with the naked eye?

I thought you could only see something like that through a telescope.

AcridMeat

Banned
The Chosen One said:
Is that real? Can you really see all those star clusters and such with the naked eye?

I thought you could only see something like that through a telescope.

The Milky Way is visible, you just need to be in a place without light pollution.
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0805/DamavandMilkyWayPanS_tafreshi_orig.jpg
Link because it's a huge image.

Looking at the night sky is one of my favorite things to do. Whenever I'm out at night I'll end up looking up at least once. I find it extremely peaceful as well.

mrkgoo

Yes, it is beautiful in all its forms. I'm just going to take this opportunity to post some of my own sky pics from various places:

Auckland, NZ:

Grand Canyon, USA:

Lake Waikaremoana, NZ:

Cathedral Cove, NZ:

Somewhere over NZ:

Hokkaido, Japan:

Somewhere on the west coast, US:

Crater Lake, US:

Portland, US:

Palmerston North, NZ:

Auckland, NZ:

Auckland, NZ:

Manukau, NZ:

eh, I'm probably just spamming now.

mrkgoo said:
Yes, it is beautiful in all its forms. I'm just going to take this opportunity to post some of my own sky pics from various places:

eh, I'm probably just spamming now.

Great pictures man. I just started playing with my new camera so hopefully I'll eventually get good enough to take photos like these. I got a lot of learning to do first though.

Foxix Von

I hate empty night skies... Stars tend to make me feel to small and insignificant, those glowey bastards. I truly and honestly love overcast skies more than anything. I live in the northwest and when I see a nice gray day with fog so low you feel like your going to choke on it.... I just sort of get a warm fuzzy feeling.

kn4rf

I've seen some great aurora borealis when I go visit my in-laws in Newfoundland. Much like this. It's beautiful.

yukon.jpg

I'll just shamelessly drop some of my own pictures here...

5366709422_57933e2525_b.jpg

These were some HDR tests I did, I'm not ashamed of them but not too proud either:

4908185131_ceb694a7cc_b.jpg

4908779242_cbc18cf6a4_b.jpg

brianjones said:
real sky is overrated i rather look at pictures of the sky on my computer
Considering the fact that the sky where I am right now looks like the picture Always-honest posted then yeah, I prefer pictures right now (I'd insert a :lol-smiley here but there are none :'( )

Salazar

CaptYamato said:
OP join the army and get sent to Iraq. You will be in awe of the sky while you are in the middle of the desert.

Is daydreaming the reason you're no longer serving, Yamato ?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
1) Yes, the sky is beautiful.
2) Yes, picture in OP ruined the OP.
3) Jesus Christ, I didn't know GAF liked to shit on Anime like that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Stat Flow said:
1) Yes, the sky is beautiful.
2) Yes, picture in OP ruined the OP.
3) Jesus Christ, I didn't know GAF liked to shit on Anime like that.
Anime has a bad rap due to all the loli-lovers and otakus, then on a lower level would be those who claim X/Y series is the greatest thing in all of existence. As for me I enjoy anime and cartoons in general so fuck the haters of animation, period.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I took out the trash like twenty minutes ago and I also noticed how beautiful the sky was. It really is something else tonight. There's so many stars over here and it's like a blanket of awesome when you look up.

soultron, hahaha. I agree!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Plywood said:
Anime has a bad rap due to all the loli-lovers and otakus, then on a lower level would be those who claim X/Y series is the greatest thing in all of existence. As for me I enjoy anime and cartoons in general so fuck the haters of animation, period.

That shit is a little weird. To each his/her own.

I also love good cartoons and animation, so yeah, I agree with the notion of "fuck the haters of animation"

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Vox-Pop said:
Oh, the small things in life.
WSRmc.jpg

Will you watch the night sky with me, Vox-Pop sama?
30rzb.gif

Oh and we're posting sky shots now? Check out these Massachusetts sky boxes...

4968810908_e5b049d854_b.jpg

4985703930_f3067a42af_b.jpg

4961646873_bb196c05f0_b.jpg

But mrkgoo owns this thread!

BAW

Banned
_Alkaline_ said:
photos-of-amazing-sky-2.jpg

I mean just look at that shit. The sky never ceases to amaze me. All the different cloud formations and colours that change throughout the day blow my mind. My house is basically on top of a big mountain and we get some ridiculous sunsets, sometimes I'll sit down with mates and chat whilst sinking a few beers and just watch it.

HD widescreen version please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom