• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sly Collection E3 trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peff

Ok, it looks way better in motion. They've upgraded the textures, lightingand a lot of little details. Guess I'll play them again :D

Slaylock

I was never very interested in the GoW collection, but I may pick this one up. I only played the Sly (and I'm not sure I even finished that one), but I could use a good platformer (trophies, Move, and HD support don't hurt either).

One of my favorite series of all time (Sly 2 is the best) I'll definitely rebuy to replay in HD (and maybe in 3D in 3-4 years lol)

Filldough said:
Actually never picked these up first time around. Weird but I totally see the Sly influence on inFamous!

i was just noticing that too...never played the sly games before but love infamous

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice, I can't wait to play this. Sly 1 is probably my favorite non-MGS PS2 game so I'm very excited to play the remakes on my triple.
Just tell me when and I shall be there.

mello

PandaPandaPanda said:
sly/gow = 1st party

mgs = 3rd party(konami)

ico/sotc i dunno why they didnt pick this

Ico and SotC are likely to get the GoW collection formula, in which they're released close to The Last Guardian's launch. It builds hype and anticipation, and it's a good sales decision on Sony's part.

Dedication Through Light said:
Didnt they just do a MGS compilation disc?

that was for ps2

i think the guy i quoted wanted a up resed versions as seen in the gow collection

the mgs collection for ps1 was just straight ports with no major changes

Erebus

To summarize we get:

-Trophies
-HD and 3D support
-Move support
-3 games for the price of 1

Mind-blown!

GhaleonQ

Hey, why not?

And, hm, original Thievius Raccoonus box art in the trailer. Looks like we know who demanded they change it (I actually like the 2d one, since it matches the others).

Awesome, but I still have the PS2 games, and to be honnest, they've aged very well visually. High framerate + cell shading + good art = timeless visual goodness !

So besides the awesome opportunity to play all Sly games in fucking HD, is it true that Amazon really listed the Team ICO collection? God damn if that's true, I'll seriously blow my top.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
So besides the awesome opportunity to play all Sly games in fucking HD, is it true that Amazon really listed the Team ICO collection? God damn if that's true, I'll seriously blow my top.

the foreign amazon listed it, domestic amazon seemed to never had it up there (at least when I checked when the rumor was posted)

DarkUSS said:
To summarize we get:

-Trophies
-HD and 3D support
-Move support
-3 games for the price of 1

Mind-blown!

Fucking Orange Box-level bargain right there

I'd have paid 40 for Sly 1 HD alone (and maybe 30 each for the other 2)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Don't toy with my feelings like that. :/
I'll definitely get this though...never played the Sly games and my friend said they're fun as hell so why not.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

dani_dc

Eh, I've been meaning to pick up the Sly games for PS2 for years now, glad I've procastinated doing that for so long :lol

Tmac

Doel said:
My dog is named after Sly Cooper. Definitely buying this! :D

can't beat that.

Personally i think that remastering thing is great. Hope to see a ico/sotc remaster too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom