• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The source code for Watch Dogs Legion has been leaked

Bullet Club

The source code for Watch Dogs Legion has been leaked, weighs around 560GB

As we’ve already reported, in October 2020, ransomware gang “Egregor” has leaked data that it had obtained from the internal networks of Crytek and Ubisoft. And it appears that the source code for Watch Dogs Legion has been leaked online. The source code for this triple-A game is around 560GB, and it’s already available for download on various private trackers.

Egregor was also the hacking group that leaked all the latest details about Crytek’s upcoming projects. As we’ve already reported, Crytek had plans for Crysis Next, Crysis VR and a new Ryse game. In addition, Crytek is also planning to remaster Crysis 2 and Crysis 3.

But what can the average PC Joe expect from the leak of Watch Dogs Legion’s source code? Well, for starters, mods. By accessing the source code, modders may find a way to enable mods for this game. Not only that but, by having access to the source code, modders could possibly further optimize the game.

Furthermore, cracking groups may also find a way to crack the game’s anti-piracy measures. There hasn’t been so far any crack for this game and we can’t really tell whether Watch Dogs Legion uses the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. For what it’s worth, its executable file is only 138KB in size, so it may not be using Denuvo. On the other hand, the game does have some dlls that are over 600MB in size so perhaps that’s a new version of Denuvo? Either way, cracking groups should be able to completely remove the anti-piracy protections. Thus, it will be interesting to see whether a DRM-free version performs faster than the protected version. After all, Watch Dogs Legion has ridiculously high CPU requirements on the PC.

Source: DSOG

STARSBarry

Gold Member
be nice to see if they crack the store so I can get all there MTX stuff already in the game files for free in there fully priced season passed game.

Or I would if I bought any Ubisoft games, since I refuse based on the above.

Last edited:
hxoQIV7.png

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Why crack the game when you can now compile your own version?

Krisprolls

Banned
I blame DedSec. That's some meta level hacking shit, hacking the hacker game. Must be some promotional material for Cyberpunk.

Now if anybody could improve the framerate...

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
OMG, Ubisoft should be very very proud of the gamers "hacking the system".

Now, where's it? I want take a deep look at it :D

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The source code for this triple-A game is around 560GB, and it’s already available for download on various private trackers.

And this is one of the reasons COVID is fucking over game development.

While they don't always have to refresh large assets, devs definitely do sometimes.. and doing that shit from home is nuts.

And while you can remote into a work machine to do some dev, for a game dev... that can get pretty wonky for obvious reasons (remote desktop protocols are nowhere near as good as game streaming services)

Arun1910

FUCK YEEE about time. Fed up of them releasing buggy games. I got this game for free and still want to return it in it's current state.

TriSuit666

Banned
Well, at 560Gb "sources" should include assets, I guess.

What a hilarious way to go Open Source.

Oh, the internet is finally catching up - this happened over the weekend.

It includes everything including the SDK, and a drm-free executable has already been compiled if you know where to find it (you won't).

Burger

Oh, the internet is finally catching up - this happened over the weekend.

It includes everything including the SDK, and a drm-free executable has already been compiled if you know where to find it (you won't).

Watch out ladies we got a badass mutha over here.

Top Bottom