• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Star Wars Saga Rewatch Thread (Saturdays, Oct. 21 to Dec. 9)

JCHandsom

I'm in. So excited for VII I could cry.

iu

Thread needs more Gyllenhaal gifs

Surfinn

Read the OP snark why?

Sorry maybe I read your post the wrong way, it looked like you were trying to be an ass. I was only referring to the part I quoted from the OP.

I know it's a rewatch thread, was just saying that people watching for the first time might not be seeing it the best way possible, but it's still fine to do it.

I'm in. So excited for VII I could cry.

iu

Thread needs more Gyllenhaal gifs

Rewatched it a few days ago. It's so fucking good

sphagnum

Banned
Top 10 things movie-only watchers are missing out on:

1. Rae Sloane
2. Chelli Lona Aphra
3. Lando and the gay (?) alien clone panther twins
4. Mon Calamari General Grievous
5. Mr. Bones
6. The name Sheev
7. A lot of Tarkin doing anything actually
8. Motti filing a report to HR about Vader choking him
9. Phasma having a point
10. The fart wedding

JCHandsom

I actually binged the OT right before VII came out and was surprised how easy it was, even late into the night. There were some bumps around RotJ (and not just because it was the last one and it was late) but I would recommend it.

Avixph

1. Rae Sloane
2. Chelli Lona Aphra
5. Mr. Bones
6. The name Sheev
9. Phasma having a point
10. The fart wedding
Fart wedding?

Sorry maybe I read your post the wrong way, it looked like you were trying to be an ass. I was only referring to the part I quoted from the OP.

I know it's a rewatch thread, was just saying that people watching for the first time might not be seeing it the best way possible, but it's still fine to do it.
Yeah I was just trying to affirm what you basically said, that at the end of the day it's geared more for return visitors than new people as evidenced by the title. Wasn't trying to be an ass.

DonShula

The really fun part is when half of the gaffers in the thread just watch whatever Star Wars they want in whatever order, and this just becomes another Star Wars thread where we argue about the correct way to watch these films.

It's Machete Order, by the way.

One of these days I’m gonna make a Star Wars GAF bingo card. We already have “x is the preferred order” and “Ep III is actually the nth best film” on the first page. In before “Lucas deserved Ep IX because JJ sucks at world building.”

On topic - great idea and I’m in. Thank you for your effort.

JCHandsom

One of these days I’m gonna make a Star Wars GAF bingo card. We already have “x is the preferred order” and “Ep III is actually the nth best film” on the first page. In before “Lucas deserved Ep IX because JJ sucks at world building.”

On topic - great idea and I’m in. Thank you for your effort.

Have "Rey is a Mary Sue" be the free space in the middle

1. Rae Sloane
2. Chelli Lona Aphra
5. Mr. Bones
6. The name Sheev
9. Phasma having a point
10. The fart wedding

Please expand further on #4 and #8

Surfinn

You know

This thread really could be a greatest hits of all the SW threads. And my fuck that scares me

Yeah I was just trying to affirm what you basically said, that at the end of the day it's geared more for return visitors than new people as evidenced by the title. Wasn't trying to be an ass.

I apologize.

Surfinn

You know what the best part about this whole thread is?

By the time we finish, we'll have 5 days until The Last Jedi

FIVE FUCKIN' DAYS

Oozer3993

1. Rae Sloane
2. Chelli Lona Aphra
5. Mr. Bones
6. The name Sheev
9. Phasma having a point
10. The fart wedding

* Poe Dameron's mom teaming up with Princess Leia and the Queen of the Naboo, in glorious Naboo Starfighters no less, to defend the planet from the remnants of the Empire.

kevin1025

Banned
Lol we're already off to a great start with the Jake Gyllenhaal gifs

tumblr_lm8qx7PB6d1qimiyto1_500.gif

Laziness left my Star Wars Blu-ray box sitting on my TV stand since Rogue One, so this all works out for me. I dust it and dust around it, but it's become a permanent fixture there, haha.

Caode

I've been thinking about a full saga rewatch in the run up to TLJ but I might just go for the OT and TFA.

The thought of sitting through Attack of the Clones again is exhausting enough nevermind actually sitting through it.

DBT85

Have to say, watching Rogue One and then watching IV really is great. Did it myself a few months back. So good.

sphagnum

Banned
Have to say, watching Rogue One and then watching IV really is great. Did it myself a few months back. So good.

Speaking of which, the FACPOV short story "Raymus" explains how Vader tracked down the Tantive IV despite it making the jump to hyperspace. It's hyperdrive was damaged and caused it to leave a wake behind it - the same thing happened to another ship in Battlefront: Twilight Company, so I thought it was clever that they integrated that in.

Kyoufu

I watched Rogue One before watching A New Hope for the first time. The transition from the former to the latter was great.

People told me it'd be a dumb move but I don't see why? It's a direct prequel.

Ristifer

I'm in, and will also be listening to every OST (including Shadows of the Empire because why the fuck not?).

Surfinn

Wow, guys

I think this is the origin story of..

WETBLOODFART

By the way, I'm listening to the OST for TFA, and March of the Resistance is one of the best fucking tracks JW has ever done. PERIOD

Top Bottom