• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Steam Support has deleted or renamed my account's login (posting for Neo Member Kaby)

Kaby

Banned
Hello all,

It looks like they are hunting me...

I have created a fresh new Steam account for activation promo games which are with storefront status "Free for a limited time". But after some time this account has been disabled.

I did not set up username or avatar, never used their forums, never used comments. Never bought paid games. Only one thing - using the same computer.

The conversation is here.

Last edited:

MultiCore

Hello all,

It looks like they are hunting me...

I have created a fresh new Steam account for activation promo games which are with storefront status "Free for a limited time". But after some time this account has been disabled.

I did not set up username or avatar, never used their forums, never used comments. Never bought paid games. Only one thing - using the same computer.

The conversation is here.
Looks like you're using the same email address and basically username. Not surprised.

Try a throwaway email, use a different name and a free VPN.

You're right about them having a thumbprint of your hardware, but if you changed out a few items, that might be sufficient.

DESTROYA

Why are you doing this to yourself?
They banned you for doing something shady and think your going to circumvent them?
It’s a lost cause at this point forget steam ever existed.

Last edited:

camelCase

I hope your problem fixes itself, thankfully there exist other ways to play games (RIP your saves though) so there is still a solution if they decide not to give you access to your games.

Kaby

Banned
I hope your problem fixes itself, thankfully there exist other ways to play games (RIP your saves though) so there is still a solution if they decide not to give you access to your games.
Yep, thanks. But pirated games is not a solution...

camelCase

There is no any alternative platform for playing the Steam exclusives. (e.g. Origin, UPlay, GOG).

Yeah good point. Well, I hope the world's insurmountable indifference towards your plight subsides and maybe you can get a fair shake and play the games you rightfully own. But until then stay 777 lol.

Kaby

Banned
Looks like you're using the same email address and basically username. Not surprised.

Try a throwaway email, use a different name and a free VPN.

You're right about them having a thumbprint of your hardware, but if you changed out a few items, that might be sufficient.
Why I must hide from them? I am not involved in the payment fraud, never scamming users and so on.

They are acting like children.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't know friend I don't buy into that whole draconian steam shit because of cases like yours. Either way good luck and fuck Steam.

MultiCore

Why I must hide from them? I am not involved in the payment fraud, never scamming users and so on.

They are acting like children.
I think you fail to understand the situation.

They have permanently banned you, and said they will never change their mind.

Continuing to show up and say, "Hey, it's me! Let me back in please!" will get you absolutely nowhere, as you've already learned.

If you want access to Steam, your going to have to find a way to cover your tracks, start fresh, and not link old accounts, IP addresses, payment methods or hardware thumbprints to your new, unique, identity.

If that's not enough for you, you're failing to learn from your mistakes, which is pretty much what led you here in the first place.

Continuing to insist they should just give you access to your original account isn't going to work either. So either stay fresh, or move on to GOG. Either that or you need to make friends with Gabe himself and give him a satisfactory explanation.

Kaby

Banned
My work currently in progress.

At first, I must notify the head office of Valve and wait around 30 days.

They gave me incorrect address in the past.
RVXx7QT.png

Kaby

Banned
It looks like Jared Christen aka "Mara" and aka "Morty" starts hunting and banning my friends...

Qp-luZKPOOE.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/id/volcharsky

You've taken a lot of liberties in your interactions with Valve employees in the past. This on its own is not necessarily a bad thing, but you have a long history of borderline or directly malicious activity on Steam. We're not interested in providing your with any special options that are not available to the Steam community at large.

This ban was issued to make it very clear to you that you will use standard contact methods when reporting bugs or otherwise initiating any sort of interaction with a Valve or Steam Support employee.

The ban will expire automatically in a few days. We suggest that you really think through your approaches when reaching out to Valve employees in the future, along with considering the consequences of your other activity on our platform. It's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with our rules:

Steam Subscriber Agreement
Steam Community Guidelines

Thanks for using Steam,
Jared

Stuart360

I never understood how stuff like this is legal. I mean i can get banning from online if cheating or something, but actually banning you from playing games you have paid for, i just dont get it.

I never understood how stuff like this is legal. I mean i can get banning from online if cheating or something, but actually banning you from playing games you have paid for, i just dont get it.
Multiple violations of their terms of service, berating their employees. It's pretty clear cut.

As shitty as it is, we never actually own any of our games - we are paying for a license to use it (this even includes physical games, oddly enough). I know no one ever reads the licensing agreements. I always thought this was an odd business model as well, but it's what has stuck since the old MS DOS days. They can technically revoke your licenses.

I agree, it shouldn't be legal, but we all agree to it when we buy and then install the software.

John Day

As i remember of this thread, his approach... wasn’t as clear cut as he posts now. He himself admits to circumvent steam’s policies if i remember correctly.

You've taken a lot of liberties in your interactions with Valve employees in the past. This on its own is not necessarily a bad thing, but you have a long history of borderline or directly malicious activity on Steam. We're not interested in providing your with any special options that are not available to the Steam community at large.

This ban was issued to make it very clear to you that you will use standard contact methods when reporting bugs or otherwise initiating any sort of interaction with a Valve or Steam Support employee.

The ban will expire automatically in a few days. We suggest that you really think through your approaches when reaching out to Valve employees in the future, along with considering the consequences of your other activity on our platform. It's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with our rules:

Steam Subscriber Agreement
Steam Community Guidelines

Thanks for using Steam,
Jared
Sorry Jared. It doesn't matter what you say to this person, they are simply never going to learn from it.

Kaby, I mean this is the kindest possible way: You lack any sort of common sense.

If you want to get back on steam do what I tell you:

1. Get a new PC
2. Get a new IP from your ISP
3. Don't use the same email, username or add any of the same friends on your new steam account. Same rules as tor, do nothing that would leak your identity.
4. Stop trying to be clever.

That sounded mean, but I'm not calling you stupid. I've known a lot of smart Russians who just don't quite get what people from other cultures expect from them. Your problem is that when someone explains something to you, you think you know better, despite how you keep getting burned. You are smart but stubborn.

Kaby

Banned
Small joke here. It looks like Jared Christen is now working for Bethesda. They banned a Fallout 76 Nerd...

100% similar situation like mine! xD

webp

Top Bottom